We got bin Laden!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Robspierre

Re: We got bin Laden!

Post by Robspierre »

From Twitter:

Saturday - Prince William leaves for a 'secret location' in a chopper. Monday - Osama is dead. #justsayin
Rob
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

Robspierre wrote:Image

Also, May 1 was the 8th Anniversary of Bush in his flight suit declaring Mission Accomplished.

Rob
May 1 is also the same day Hitler was declared dead. Or it may have been the 2nd. Depending where you were, it could be either.
Long Live the Fighters.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

E. LeGuille wrote:Wish I had a spoiler tag for this, since it is NSFW.

This is the picture of him floating around at the moment.
That's an old Photoshop from two years ago. It was exposed about as rapidly as it was released.
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Unless we're buying into the more crackpot theory that he's been dead the whole time and both Bush and Obama have exploited this as is best for themselves.
It's not crackpot at all; in fact it's far more likely. Osama bin Laden was dying from kidney failure... each progressive image we had of him during 2001 and 2002 had him looking worse and worse as his fatal condition scoured away at his body. And now, his body is conveniently "buried at sea" to deny any independent verification. Face it, this announcement is as much a hoax as that alien ship that Heaven's Gate killed themselves for.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Even if - and you have zero evidence to support that conclusion - who cares? Even if his corpse is sitting on a steel tray, at least the fucker isn't drawing air anymore.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Yeah... you really think that the gains of declaring Osama dead would be worth the risk of getting caught faking it? I'm not saying it couldn't have been faked, I'm just saying it's such a tiny gain for Obama, almost nothing at all really, but it's a huge, enormous risk. We can debate all day on how likely it would be to get out if it was faked, but the fact of the matter is that if it did get out he could call it a day and go live in a hole for the rest of his life.

Obama faking this would be like playing Russian Roulette for a hundred bucks. :lol:
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Omphalos wrote:Even if - and you have zero evidence
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/pentag ... a_capture/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.prisonplanet.com/121703binladendead.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=22353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right, "zero." :roll:
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/new-ch ... -to-sleep/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

I am both intrigued and amused.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
A Thing of Eternity

Arguable evidence aside, the lynchpin here in my opinion simply a gigantic risk for very little gain. Nobody in their right mind would have risked that, it's not like anyone was giving Obama shit for not having caught Osama, so he'd have nothing to lose by not taking the risk, it just really doesn't pass that first test of plausibility for me.

Sorry man, I think it's an idea that looks attractive as a theory on just the very surface, but a little bit later just doesn't add up.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Arguable evidence aside, the lynchpin here in my opinion simply a gigantic risk for very little gain. Nobody in their right mind would have risked that
>Implying governments are ever in their right mind.

Seriously, if anyone questions the Official Doctrine, they'll be sidelined with cute names like "Deathers." As a cynic, I take everything the government declares with a grain of salt. History has shown governing bodies are not reputable truth tellers and I would be foolish to blindly believe anything ours tells us.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

Kojiro wrote:That's an old Photoshop from two years ago. It was exposed about as rapidly as it was released.
Yeah, when I got a closer look at the picture's original, I definitely noticed where the two faces had been seamed together. It was difficult on TV, but once I saw the major blur factor in the face in comparison to the rest, I did some research, and found out the same about the pic. I had not seen it before this year.

My only fear right now, is that the man we set up to be the leader of the Mujahideen during the Cold War, become our enemy overnight. My understanding -- and correct me if I am wrong, because I haven't read up on this -- but Osama was basically lied to about the roads, schools, and reconstruction the CIA promised his people after he was to push out the soviets with the weapons we gave him.

Honestly, if I had been lied to like that I don't know if I would have reacted much differently. My biggest concern is that we created Osama, the fuel for his hatred, and irked the religion for his catalyst. Am I wrong? To me it seems more of a bad move to announce his death since it will fuel the sentiment of hatred all over again. We no longer have just Al-Zawahiri and Al-Qaeda to worry about. We have the entire Middle East, in the middle of protests, revolutions, and takeovers... a region of the world -- already on fire -- now having had the biggest canister of gasoline added to the fire.

I just don't see the effing point in celebrating.

EDIT: This is just a spark for a bigger conflict. On the devil's advocate side, I can see the need for a more visible world conflict -- World War 3, if you will. Maybe, for the sake of recovery -- like how the Depression began an immediate alleviation during WW2 -- the same is taking place. The need for infrastructure abroad will be in demand, and Americans are looking for work. I don't know how, or what will be done in the days to come. But I can only hope that his death doesn't come back to haunt us far worse than his life did.
Long Live the Fighters.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Kojiro wrote:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/pentag ... a_capture/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.prisonplanet.com/121703binladendead.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, after seeing those, I think Omph would be safe to stand by his original statement. :roll:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Kojiro wrote:As a cynic . . .
Well there's the problem right there!!! ;)

I too am a cynic, but seriously, sometimes there simply is no conspiracy. I know that life is less exciting that way, but sometimes we just have to deal with that.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

@ E. - I've been over this several times before, right around here somewhere -

search some of the keywords with my name as author,
and I'm sure you'll turn up several tl;drs on the subject ...

in a nutshell, what turned bin-Laden (fully & angrily) against the US Federal Government
(and the Saud Family) was Fahd's decision to allow the Federal Military to base in the
Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia for the 1991 war in Kuwait ... Osama had a standing
army in Afghanistan (of devout Muslims) will little else to do ... he took the King's rebuke
personally and the presence of Infidel military on the "holy soil of Islam" pretty goddamn
seriously ... even tho at the time of Muhammad, Kuwait was a few grass huts on the beach
the pearl divers were living in & the "eastern Province of Saudi Arabia belonged to some
ragged-ass Bedu the Sauds drove off into the tip of the penisula (or slaughtered).

not that any of that has a damn thing to do with what actually occurred on 11 Sept 01,
but that's the reason for (yet another) former CIA asset turning on the Federal Government ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
A Thing of Eternity

Kojiro wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Arguable evidence aside, the lynchpin here in my opinion simply a gigantic risk for very little gain. Nobody in their right mind would have risked that

Seriously, if anyone questions the Official Doctrine, they'll be sidelined with cute names like "Deathers." As a cynic, I take everything the government declares with a grain of salt. History has shown governing bodies are not reputable truth tellers and I would be foolish to blindly believe anything ours tells us.
I take things with a grain of salt too - the problem is that's not what you're doing here, you're growing that grain of salt into a whole bloody mine.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Spicelon wrote:

I too am a cynic, but seriously, sometimes there simply is no conspiracy. I know that life is less exciting that way, but sometimes we just have to deal with that.
And convenient sea burials? "Oh sorry, you can't see the body, we uhm... uh... yeah... buried it at sea. Sorry about that." It's like the mythical Dune 7 notes.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Kojiro wrote:

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that unsubstantiated reports, innuendo and hedged statements constituted "evidence." My bad. :roll: :roll:

Now I realize that I said "you" have no evidence in my last post. What I meant is that "no body" has any evidence, and until those allegations stand up to fact checking, or at least substantiation from second sources, all that they are are allegations in a vacuum.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Kojiro wrote:
Spicelon wrote:

And convenient sea burials? "Oh sorry, you can't see the body, we uhm... uh... yeah... buried it at sea. Sorry about that." It's like the mythical Dune 7 notes.
Why would they want to keep his body? What purpose does that serve?

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Kojiro wrote:
And to address this part, yes yes, goverments are dumb. I have a very hard time believing anyone is THAT dumb though. We're talking downsyndrome level dumb to take a risk like that, it's just not worth it, doesn't make sense.
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

SandRider wrote:@ E. - I've been over this several times before, right around here somewhere -

search some of the keywords with my name as author,
and I'm sure you'll turn up several tl;drs on the subject ...

in a nutshell, what turned bin-Laden (fully & angrily) against the US Federal Government
(and the Saud Family) was Fahd's decision to allow the Federal Military to base in the
Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia for the 1991 war in Kuwait ... Osama had a standing
army in Afghanistan (of devout Muslims) will little else to do ... he took the King's rebuke
personally and the presence of Infidel military on the "holy soil of Islam" pretty goddamn
seriously ... even tho at the time of Muhammad, Kuwait was a few grass huts on the beach
the pearl divers were living in & the "eastern Province of Saudi Arabia belonged to some
ragged-ass Bedu the Sauds drove off into the tip of the penisula (or slaughtered).

not that any of that has a damn thing to do with what actually occurred on 11 Sept 01,
but that's the reason for (yet another) former CIA asset turning on the Federal Government ...
Well even during the 19th century, the Bedu accomplished turning a British Officer into a symbol of war for their people. If not for Lawrence, I am not sure if the west would be viewed the same by that region or not.
Long Live the Fighters.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Kojiro wrote:As a cynic, I take everything the government declares with a grain of salt.
Of course you do. It increases your hipster cred and makes you "edgy."

Don't let The Man keep you down!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:
Kojiro wrote:As a cynic, I take everything the government declares with a grain of salt.

Nobody says "hipster" anymore. :roll:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

Nobody says "hipster" anymore. :roll:
Oh yes we do, everyone other than those damned hipsters anyways. :lol:
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Arguable evidence aside, the lynchpin here in my opinion simply a gigantic risk for very little gain. Nobody in their right mind would have risked that, it's not like anyone was giving Obama shit for not having caught Osama, so he'd have nothing to lose by not taking the risk, it just really doesn't pass that first test of plausibility for me.
Have to agree. The gain in lying about his death is so small - since both wars the U.S. is in stopped being about Bin Laden long ago - and the potential harm if the "truth" ever got out so large - not to mention the likelihood that something *would* get out - that no one is his right mind would take the risk.

This is the same reason why all the 9/11 conspiracy theories about inside jobs and prior knowledge don't hold up.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Omphalos wrote:
Kojiro wrote:
Spicelon wrote:

Why would they want to keep his body? What purpose does that serve?
Oh, I dunno... maybe prove to the skeptics like myself that they really did what they said they did. Hell, according Islam Law, burying him at sea was a big no-no and yet Islam's law is the reason they gave for the hasty "burial." And now, and now they're revising events about the goddamn op! They can't even get the fucking story straight! Sound familiar concerning a certain hack and an idiot son? They're lying.

This whole thing was a publicity stunt hoax concocted to save Obama's plummeting approval rating and ensure his reelection. It's all snake oil and smoke and mirrors.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks