We got bin Laden!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

A Thing of Eternity

Re: We got bin Laden!

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I'd think he would have been ok with turkey bacon, or veggie bacon, but pig-bacon? Nope, he would have had major issues with that stuff.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

If you look carefully you can clearly see the 3rd rind of the NWO staring out, hypnotically.

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

http://bacon.tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I totally disagree with every-friggin-one of youse!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

sizzlean is how the terrorists win :(
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
A Thing of Eternity

I would like to take a moment to point out, that Canadian Bacon is not called that in Canada, it is called a slice of ham. I know we've discussed this before, but it's important damnit, and this conversation seems to merit a revisit!

So all you racists thinking that us Canadians are too dumb to know that bacon comes from the belly of the pig, stop it! ARRRG!
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Likely story, Thing.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I would like to take a moment to point out, that Canadian Bacon is not called that in Canada, it is called a slice of ham.
Prove it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:I totally disagree with every-friggin-one of youse!

That shit was my favorite! It started an argument almost every weekend I was with my dad.

How many pieces of bacon do you want?

Six.

No, don't be stupid.

How many can I have?

Two or three.

Why even ask me then? Just make me as many as I'm allowed to have.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFB_vHVF ... ideo_title[/youtube]

Salad. Except none of the bad stuff.
Long Live the Fighters.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I would like to take a moment to point out, that Canadian Bacon is not called that in Canada, it is called a slice of ham. I know we've discussed this before, but it's important damnit, and this conversation seems to merit a revisit!

So all you racists thinking that us Canadians are too dumb to know that bacon comes from the belly of the pig, stop it! ARRRG!
I hear that back in the day Pierre Trudeau ordered Canadian Bacon with every meal he had in a symboic act of solidarity with the poor common folk of Canada, who were also given a piece of it daily at welfare offices in every province.

Canadians are just swell people, aren't they?

I also heard that Canada tried to do an experiment on the International Space Station where they would raise their pigs in zero gravity in the hopes that the belly fat would redistribute to all parts of their bodies, thus making the "National Meat Product of Canada" taste much better. Anyone know if those experiements ever happened?

Goodnight Golden Path!
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

Omphalos wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I would like to take a moment to point out, that Canadian Bacon is not called that in Canada, it is called a slice of ham. I know we've discussed this before, but it's important damnit, and this conversation seems to merit a revisit!

I hear that back in the day Pierre Trudeau ordered Canadian Bacon with every meal he had in a symboic act of solidarity with the poor common folk of Canada, who were also given a piece of it daily at welfare offices in every province.

Canadians are just swell people, aren't they?

I also heard that Canada tried to do an experiment on the International Space Station where they would raise their pigs in zero gravity in the hopes that the belly fat would redistribute to all parts of their bodies, thus making the "National Meat Product of Canada" taste much better. Anyone know if those experiements ever happened?
Don't know about that. But I do know that they are experimenting with aeroponics. Perhaps Zero-G piglet is the next step!
Long Live the Fighters.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Actually, one thing I've noticed is that bacon is cooked crispier in the U.S. than back in Australia (where I'm from). In Aus, there's still water content in the stuff. Here, it appears to be hard and brittle.

Bacon: as culturally diverse as the world itself.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
A Thing of Eternity

Omphalos wrote:I also heard that Canada tried to do an experiment on the International Space Station where they would raise their pigs in zero gravity in the hopes that the belly fat would redistribute to all parts of their bodies, thus making the "National Meat Product of Canada" taste much better. Anyone know if those experiements ever happened?
I do NOT know how one of you damned Yankies found out about that, but SHUT UP!

Note: this is completely unrelated to our Slig experiments.
A Thing of Eternity

TheDukester wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I would like to take a moment to point out, that Canadian Bacon is not called that in Canada, it is called a slice of ham.
Prove it.
I've got 3 pictures of bacon being cooked in Canada I can get for you, that clearly showa strip of belly fat being fried perfectly. Unfortunatly the last pic is low-res.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I thought y'all called it "back-bacon" ....

cause, you know, "ham" is from the thigh ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

and, dude ... when did you go over five thousand posts ?

congrats!!

ImageImage

A Thing of Eternity

Thanks, must have been recently...

Back bacon is something I've heard a few times... ham... yeah you're right, not the same piece of meat as Canadian Bacon, but it has basically the same flavour and texture, so ham we call it. (Or, we may simply not even have Canadian Bacon/back bacon around much up here, we might just have actual disks of ham... the only place this stuff ever turns up is at fast food joints on their egg sandwiches, so maybe when I say it's the same as ham, it's simply because I've never even HAD Canadian bacon??!?!?!)
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Lundse wrote:Kojiro, I am not going to go through your points again. A simpleton could read through any of my last three points and tell you how you misunderstand my points. On example, though, you can find the ret yourself:
Translation: I can't think of any counter-arguments.
I tell you that if the president is lying, then either he is also lying a ground crew, flight crew, a navy seal team, dna researchers, etc. into existence. Or these teams exist, but are lying along with him. You then start talking about how I do not have these guys names or phone numbers - but my point was that they either do not exist
Well, we still don't have access to the alleged lab work or a name of the lab. Don't you think they'd have named one by now?
or they are lying (the several hundred people you blithely assume cannot send an email to the press or wikileaks).
Y'see, you keep bringing this up, but then completely forget about it whenever you argue about secret intelligence of Osama's whereabouts and monitoring of this run down house (which the original story first described as a "million dollar mansion" before it changed over and over again). Either leaks are inevitable or they are not. Which is it? You cannot have it both ways.
This is my argument, and the last time I explain it again, you answer with... Wait for it...

"No, you misunderstand."

You do not get to define my arguments! You get to point out how they are wrong, bad premises, etc. You do not get to ignore them or try to make them out to be something else. Try answering any one of my points,
Proof you haven't read a thing.
But wait. You do admit that Osama could be alive without having phoned you, or the CIA having told you. And then we get to the real issue behind sign of life. The real, not-based-on-"Osama-must-be-using-communication-methods-I-would-know-about"-argument;
"This was a guy who used to make regular televised or videotaped appearances, and then just kind of... stopped."

So this is it? Because he is no longer makes tapes, he must be dead?
He wasn't exactly camera shy. Waning health + abrupt disappearance + intelligence reports of his demise = Must be dead.
Your Lennon analogy is brilliant, btw. It looks just like a classic Danish example of a bad syllogism:

- Mom cannot fly.
- Stones cannot fly.
- Mom is a stone.
Mom can bleed. The stone cannot. Mom is not a stone.
You, of course, are arguing that:
- Osama is no longer producing his stuff.
- Dead people are no longer producing their stuff.
- Osama is dead.
And you argue he was hiding. But he was also hiding when he made regular video announcements. The writing on the wall frankly looked like he was dead. There was no saber rattling from the shadows or anything. He might as well have not existed at all. Now, I have posted articles describing intelligence, from France and from even America that his demise had come. You've chosen to call them "conjecture." I don't know how French declarations of Osama's death can be called "conjecture" but you've continued to ignore that elephant. Apparently the French were wrong because they're French. Or something, despite being one of the countries that warned about 9/11 and skeptical of Bush's Iraqi WMDs. At this point, American intelligence is looking laughably bad in comparison since they couldn't even agree if Osama was alive or dead (although Bush needing his bogeyman probably contributed to this).
You do seem to be trying to answer my three points. Although the first one got you confused or something.

What I am saying is, that if Bin Laden was alive, or there was some non-trivial chance that he was, Obama would never go out and say "Oh yeah, we just killed him". Too dangerous. Or do you really believe there is a chance that Bin Laden is still alive? Do you think Obama would lie as you believe he did, if he was not sure Osama was already dead?
I think we can agree that bin Laden is dead. We seem to disagree on when, and frankly Obama's version isn't looking too good as the news comes out.
I didn't get a ral response out of you, only a non-commital, sarcastic "riight". Anyway, this is related to the whole burden of proof-thing, which is still not getting through. I found a new way to explain it - this is becoming more and more bizarre, but strangely fascinating....
Because it really didn't need to be asked. Bin Laden, regardless of when you think he died is dead.
Consider these options. Let me know if you believe I am overlooking something, what premise I am wrong about, details!:

1) Bin Laden is not dead. Unlikely, he would have made a new video.
2) Bin Laden was just killed by the seal team.
3) Bin Laden was dead before this.

Only one of three can be true. One of them must be. I hope we can disregard 1, for the reasons stated above.
Agreed.
What this leaves us is two options. So it is not a case of "Obama said X, he must defend X". It is a case of X or Y, which evidence is more compelling? We have to chose one, you see. So even if I do not know the name of the guy with the glass beaker, that's OK. You don't know exactly how many people are part of Obama's alledged conspiracy, or their phones numbers, either.
We don't even know the building the beaker is in. Entire buildings, nameless!
So let us look at the possibilities, and see how likely they and the assumptions we must make if each of them is true, are:

Osama is alive and does not ridicule Obama/US in a new video. Basically impossible...
Agreed.
Both the Bush and Obama administration used Osama as a bogeyman, and tried finding and killing him, best they could. Very likely.
Not really, see below about the CIA guys and the neighborhood requirements and the neighbors. Unless we're assuming U.S. intelligence is incompetent, then yes. "Very likely." :laughing:
Osama did not use email or phones personally, and stayed with the most loyal of friends - that's how he escaped capture for so long. Nice job escaping, not an unlikely tactic at all.
It also makes coordinating his organization's efforts extremely difficult. Detrimental.
Osama, if he was even that sick, was able to buy or steal a dialysis machine (and/or other medicinal supplies) from a hospital in the third world (not a US pharmacy, with a prescription). Anything else would be odd...
Like one claim that he personally drove both of his pregnant wives to a hospital in Pakistan? Yes, that was an actual claim from somewhere, never substantiated, and even I forgot where it's from. In any case, odd behavior for someone who was allegedly hiding and should frankly be dismissed.
Pakistani intelligence is either less-than-impressively-competent, or some parts of its military are not as allied as they would like the US to believe. Almost an already established fact, in both cases.
I.D. was needed to get in and out of the area of this compound he purportedly lived in was located. Considering U.S. troops were sharing office space, this is really looking like a stretch at the moment. Hell, there was a CIA team housed next door, watching the compound and despite that, not even they knew who was there. There was a guy they nicknamed the "pacer" who apparently paced around in the yard. And that's roughly about it. Oh yes, and his actual, alleged neighbors state that he never lived there.

This point and the first are looking sickly as more and more interviews come out of Pakistan.
Osama stopped making new videos, for some unknown reason (could be his deteriorating health - if he does not look strong enough, etc. etc., or some other reason). Interesting and curious, but in no way impossible.
If we believe the official story, he was looking exceptionally better (y'know, the "dyed beard" videos with all of their splicing esp. the 2007 one? [SITE released it, btw]) but he's still largely silent regardless. This was a guy that railed his rhetoric a lot back in the turn of the century. There's considerable doubt on this point.
The Bush administration was not able to pull off the lie Obama now apparently is, with no explicable reason (or they would have, instead of handing this victory to the other side). Really odd, but maybe some other timing issue just happened to make it so - still unlikely, though.
Roger that, it is unlikely that anyone will ever put a bet on a strategy that ultimately fails because as we all know, everyone can remember the future.

(By the way, that was sarcasm.)
Osama was really sick, and was not able to get proper medical attention despite his wealth (so he must have been _really_ sick, not impossible but we have to look at the normal chances of contracting such disease. Unlikely, but possible.
- Best evidence offered so far; a physician who has not met Osama saying it is "...certainly conceivable that he has the Marfan syndrome..." and Osama "looks worse" according to... three horrible video stills and "analysts"? Wow!
The physician had worked with Marfan patients extensively. He was experienced with the disease. Bergen, the analyst, had previously met bin Laden only four years earlier. I also wonder how analysts would feel to know that people are mocking their profession.

Oh yes, and you forgot the Bush intelligence guy that said that Osama needed dialysis every three days. But I guess that's moot as from the official versions put out by the government, U.S. intelligence is laughably useless.
Osama has some pretty damn convincing evidence that Bin Laden is already dead - despite the US not being able to find him, such evidence apparently did surface. Very unlikely.
Like the old French intelligance? Oh right, they're French, so it's only "conjecture."
The seal team, flight and other base crew, K-9 handler, intelligence and surveillance crew, burial and forensics crew, Obama's advisors and all involved planners are either (individually):
- Made up wholecloth. You cannot invent an air force base, and some advisors and planners are known persons. Impossible to unlikely, depending on case. Incredibly dangerous, when journalists and conspiracy nuts start asking questions...
And questions are getting asked and subsequently going unanswered. "Classified" might as well be the only word the government knows, as it's the "answer" they've been repeating nearly a week now. Photos? Classified. SEALs? Classified. DNA? *Silence.*
- In on it. Possible in a few cases, but growing rapidly unlikely. Advisors are betting their entire career, and could easily ruin everything. Every conspirator is presumed to be willing and unable to mail wikileaks anonymously - multiply this chance by number of conspirators and you get a ridiculous low probability.
No, you do not get allowed to say this again. You have contradicted yourself on it in your own arguments. Where are the Wikileaks of "Osama is living in this Pakistani house?" If you can provide those, then, only then, can you be allowed to use this argument again.
- (I'd like to know how you place these - who does not exist, and who is a conspirator? For instance, is the "Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment" entirely made up, are all these soldiers lying, or are some of them lying to their comrades?
You really don't know or understand how the military retains secrets do you? If personnel are ordered to not discuss something with their comrades (and of course civilians), they are expected to follow those orders or get court-martialed. Case in point, the soldier that got court-martialed for leaking things to Wikileaks. This point here, is exceptionally likely.
The DNA, video and photographic evidence is either:
- Non-existent. Another wild chance to take; a senate hearing or civil case and a judge or panel needs to see it. Obama must be a risk-addict and borderline retarded to take this chance. Unlikely in the extreme.
Then where is it? Hidden behind "classified," it's likely.
- Fabricated. Impossible.
Roger that, Photoshop doesn't exist.
The Al Queda admission that Bin Laden is dead is faked.
Very likely. The declaration came from SITE, which I already explained to you are not reputable
PS: Calling someone racists, because he discussing skin colour changes in people with brown skin in a discussion about someones complexion is fucking sad. You should apologize, if you want anyone to have any respect for you after this is over. It makes you look desperate, hateful and silly.
No, "brown people" looks hateful and silly. Darker complected/complexion is polite.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The color differentiation in that last post remind me of the marbled goodness of fatty bacon.

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

KoKoKo wrote:A bunch of stuff that no one will really take seriously ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

Well, I know it's sure hateful when people call me white, as a matter of fact every time I've been called white it has come from a place of anger and hatred. It certainly is silly, I'm clearly a light tan with a pink hue, covered in brown dots.

My complexion is much closer to that of bacon than it is to "white", silly racists calling me by a common-speach term. :evil:

Now bacon, there is no racism in bacon. Except for Canadian bacon...
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Wow, Korijo, you're post was pretty randomly off-topic. Where'd *that* come from?

I was so surprised I turned the colour of freshly fried-up bacon.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks