First Republican Presidential Candidate for '12

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

First Republican Presidential Candidate for '12

Post by Freakzilla »

http://www.hermancain.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
About Herman Cain: My Story
I was raised in Atlanta, Georgia by loving and hardworking parents. We grew up poor, but we grew up happy. Things weren’t always easy, but my mom and dad knew that if they kept their faith in God, faith in themselves and their faith in the greatest country in the world, they, too, could achieve their American Dream.

That dream, we discovered, was for my parents to own their own home and watch their two sons graduate from college. Those dreams required that my father work three jobs to support our family.

The first dream was realized in a brick home on Albert Street. I can still recall the excitement of the day, as he surprised us—even my mother—when he drove us to our new home.

Their second dream was realized when I proudly accepted my degree in mathematics from Morehouse College in 1967 and my brother graduated from Morris Brown College. Both of my father’s American Dreams were achieved. Now, I set off to achieve mine.

One year after graduating, I married the love of my life, Gloria. And together, we started our journey to achieve our Dreams. This meant relocating to Indiana where I would begin my Master’s degree program at Purdue University, while working full-time as a mathematician at the Department of the Navy.

After earning my Master’s degree and six years working for the Department of the Navy, we returned home to Atlanta, where I began to climb the corporate ladder with the Coca-Cola Company. I faced challenges, but I always remembered the values my parents taught me. With enough faith and determination, I knew could go as high in corporate America as I desired.

I enjoyed a successful career at the Coca-Cola Company and later moved to the Pillsbury Company. Within a short period, I rose to the position of Vice President. When I got there, I thought I had already achieved my American Dream on the 31st floor of the new Pillsbury Corporate Headquarters with a corner office. But I quickly realized I wanted something more.

I resigned my position and started on another path- the restaurant industry. I knew that in order to be successful, I had to start from “the ground up.” This meant broiling hamburgers at Pillsbury’s Burger King division. After nine months of a grueling restaurant experience, I was assigned to lead a low performing region of 450 Burger King restaurants. Within three years, we became the best-performing region in the U.S.

I could have been content with my executive role with one of America’s biggest corporations. Instead, after consulting with my wife, we decided to take one of the biggest risks of our marriage: picking up our young family, relocating yet again and accepting the call to become CEO and President of Godfather’s Pizza, a company teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.

In 14 months, we turned the company around and returned it to profitability, and I ultimately led my management team to a buyout of Godfather’s Pizza. The company never went bankrupt, and today, there are still hundreds of locations across the U.S.

My success at turning around Godfather’s got the attention of fellow restaurateurs around the nation who invited me to join the Board of Directors of the National Restaurant Association and later elected me its chairman. In 1996, they retained me as the full-time President and the CEO of the National Restaurant Association, working on behalf of thousands of small businesses and entrepreneurs.

In 1994, as chairman of the National Restaurant Association, I had the opportunity to speak with President Clinton during a nationally televised town hall meeting. Here, I challenged the President regarding the impact on businesses if his health care overhaul proposal were passed.

President Clinton attempted to assure me and the millions of viewers watching at home that his legislation would not harm American business owners and their employees.

I was skeptical. “Quite honestly Mr. President, your calculations are incorrect,” I said. “In the competitive marketplace, it simply doesn’t work that way.”

Through these and other appearances on behalf of the National Restaurant Association, I began working with business leaders across all sectors of the American economy. This led to my acceptance of a position on the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, and I was subsequently elected their chairman.

Today, I host a radio talk show, “The Herman Cain Show,” on Atlanta’s WSB 750 AM/ 95.5 FM. I serve as a regular contributor on several broadcast networks and as a keynote speaker at conferences and events around the nation.

Despite the many professional commitments of my life, I continued to enjoy most the time spent with family and friends. As my children got married and had their own children, I knew that I had an extraordinary obligation to do what I could to make this a safe and prosperous nation for them. The paramount joys in my life are my wife, Gloria, our children and our grandchildren.

I am grateful for the many professional successes I have enjoyed. I am grateful for the steadfast loyalty and unwavering love of my family and friends. And I am grateful for this country that is so exceptional that was afforded the opportunity to achieve my American Dreams.

I’m not done yet!

I listen to this guy on talk radio all the time, I'd vote for him.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: First Republican Presidential Candidate for '12

Post by SandChigger »

Christ, is the campaign shit going to start again this early? Fuck. :roll:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Christ, is the campaign shit going to start again this early? Fuck. :roll:
Yeah, so we can count on Obama getting even LESS done (unless it involves spending money) for the rest of his term.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

I think this guy deserves a shot...

"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

oooooh, I love me some Phil Davison ... and there's MORE video ? O, happy day! O, happy-happy joy-joy day !!

this fucker sounds like me in front of the City Council ... or an SCV general business meeting ....
except I suspect this boy is serious ...

Thank you, Drunken Idaho, and may the God of Your Choice Bless and Keep You ...

oh ... and certainly, first cookie of 2011: Image
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

back to Freak's home-town candidate ...
he's cannon fodder, maybe good cannon fodder, depends ...
is he a raving TeaBagger or a real financial/economic oriented guy ?
I can't imagine a popular AM Talk Radio show in Atlanta would focus more
on budget and trade issues than What Them Damn Commie Pinko Fags Is
Doin to My Beloved Nation, but hey ... weirder things and all ...

I'll assume he's a neo-populist TeaBagger w/o National Support, and so would
fit into my 2012 GOP Primary scenario just fine ... he's got an independent media
outlet (his radio connections) a built in voter-base (Freakzilla) and located in a major
city in the South ... this may well be the guy I was talking about earlier who will be
encouraged by the GOP Bosses from the wings to really go all-out with the TeaBagger
rhetoric ... if he's been any good at his radio-gig, he should translate to TV well, and
be a favorite of FoxNEWS ...

So Freak, keep an eye (&ear) on him - if you've listened to him before, and are familiar
with his past opinions and delivery methods, I want to know if he starts ratcheting it
up, you know what I mean, really turning up The Crazy in the next few weeks ...

from his press release, one thing really stood out (and it should have cut or reworded)
"This meant broiling hamburgers at Pillsbury’s Burger King division. After nine months of a grueling restaurant experience ..."

I'll predict that somewhere on the Campaign Trail, he will elude to his "fast food work experiance",
to show he is a "Regular Guy" - Hey, I flipped burgers, too ... I wasn't born with no silver spoon in MY mouth ...

by listing the "9 month" thing tho in a public statement, that tactic will blow up on him if
he uses it, simply because it'd be too easy to pull this quote out ... also "grueling" is a bad
word to attach to nine months of "flippin burgers", because millions of GOP voters do that
kind of service work their whole fucking lives, and will not take kindly to his patronizing ...

(cf John Edwards and his "cotton pickin" stories, or Al Gore and how he built all the TVA Dams with a Korean War issue E-tool and baling wire ...)

Democratic pundits & strategists will go no farther than to discount him as "Rush Limbaugh Lite",
or "Rush-minus-Oxycontin" ... or attach "Alex Jones" to him ... no more will be necessary, altho I'll advise
bypassing that - it's too easy; yes, he's an AM Talk Radio Guy, duh ... I'd focus on his prior
professional career, and dismiss him as Yet Another Corporate Zombie, eager to get into the
White House and do the bidding of his Robber Baron Masters ...

so let's watch this one closely - see how correct I am in my assessments - we'll be looking for
Herman to veer sharply off in Never-never Land by mid summer, the GOP Goons will be on his
ass like white on rice by early fall - right now, I'll say personal scandal - that shouldn't be hard
to dig up or manufacture ... either one; it will depend on how hard they think they are going to
have to crack down on the TeaBaggers .... altho, brainwashing that kid out in Arizona and
getting him to attack a Democratic congressgirl and murder a half-dozen innocent people,
including a young teenage girl, was a masterstroke ... kinda like the Tim McVeigh thing ...

really took the winds out of the TeaBaggers' sails ... there's been a lot less "Take Up Arms
Against the Government" bullshit on facebook and the twitting-thing ...
Christ, is the campaign shit going to start again this early? Fuck.
well, the TELEVISION show is just getting underway ... most of the final details have
already been hammered out - the GOP will nominate the Guvner of Tejas, Rick Perry,
and (barring an assassination and replacement) the Democrats have no choice but to
nominate their Sitting President .... then on Halloween, 2012, the International Corporate
Robber Barons, the Inner Sanctum Freemasons (aka "Illuminati"), the Knights of the Golden
Circle, anonymous representatives of the Zionist World Bank, and the Russian Mafia will met
at Stonehenge and chop the heads off live chickens to determine the winner ....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Time to start puttin' some thought into how to ban myself from this forum.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol:
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

well, Freak's in here all the time, with his feet up on the coffee table, smoking those Fat Cat Rich-Man illegal Cuban cigars Rush sends him ....
he could do all the moderating ... as a global admin, or whatever, can you do that? take away your own modding privileges for a forum ?
that would give you a little less incentive to wander down this hall ....

is there a way to set up a filter for the "new posts" that would overlook specific forums ?
then, you wouldn't know when there was new horseshit in here ...
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Time to start puttin' some thought into how to ban myself from this forum.
I changed his forum permission to "no access".

:twisted:
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Can't ban me from anything. I think Im a founder, like you and Raggy.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:doh:
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

SandRider wrote:oooooh, I love me some Phil Davison ... and there's MORE video ? O, happy day! O, happy-happy joy-joy day !!

this fucker sounds like me in front of the City Council ... or an SCV general business meeting ....
except I suspect this boy is serious ...

Thank you, Drunken Idaho, and may the God of Your Choice Bless and Keep You ...

oh ... and certainly, first cookie of 2011: Image
:D *Death-Metal/Cookie-Monster voice* COOKIEEEEE!!!!

There is just so much to like about that video... I love the little squeaking sounds he makes when he realizes he read something wrong. And, "Drastic times require drastic measures, YES! WHO SAID THAT?!" Doesn't the phrase go "Desperate times call for desperate measures"? :lol:
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Shaitan

Post by Shaitan »

Since Obama is almost guaranteed a re-election unless something quite drastic occurs in the next 18 months (far from impossible, but IMHO relatively improbable), I am on the lookout for a strong, genuinely Libertarian candidate to throw my support behind. Garnering a significant % of the vote would be a good step forward for the mainstreaming of truly Libertarian ideals.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those unrealistically hardcore libertarians; you might call me (despite the contradictions inherent in the term -- anyone who knows me doesn't have to be told that I'm a walking contradiction!) a "liberal-tarian" to properly encompass the fullness of my ideas for future political/governmental reform. I think the government should get out of a lot of the things it is currently doing, and that the body of laws should be shrunk DRASTICALLY -- largely through the legalization/decriminalization of most nonviolent 'victimless' activities currently criminalized.

Although I am very much in favor of expanding the funding of gov't organizations like NASA, they are the exception. I would keep Social Security/Medicare (though I'd reform and simplify it greatly), but beyond that, what little of the current government remained would be greatly simplified. Most particularly the IRS and tax codes.

Anyhow, I think I made my point. I wouldn't vote for a Ron Paul (too much BS and baggage) type candidate, but I definitely am keeping an eye open for a libertarian worth voting for as a "protest/advocacy" vote.
"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
"Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, next federal election in my country I'm doing a write-in for whoever runs Ikea (obviously I will research their name before going to cast my ballot). If our country (or any country) were run the way that company is run we'd be juuuust fine.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I hear my man Herman Cain kicked ass in last night's GOP debate.

Herman Cain makes splash at first 2012 GOP debate

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... z1La8tZqLA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To get an idea of the strangeness of the first debate of the 2012 presidential cycle - the unofficial kickoff to the 2012 GOP race - consider this: Based on the Fox News focus group conducted immediately following the event, Herman Cain is about to run away with the GOP nomination.

If you're wondering who that is, you're not alone: The former Godfather's Pizza CEO, who barely registers in national polls, has never held elected office. And he is seen as having virtually no chance to win the GOP nomination.

But the vast majority of the people sitting in with Republican pollster Frank Luntz said Cain had won the debate with his directness and straightforward delivery. (This despite the fact that when asked about what he would do in Afghanistan, he replied that he would rely on "the experts and their advice and their input." The Fox News debate moderators seemed incredulous that he did not offer a position.) Luntz appeared blown away by the response to Cain, which he cast as unprecedented. "Something very special happened this evening," he said.

Perhaps. But the debate was seen as such a non-event inside the beltway that House Speaker John Boehner spent his evening not watching it, opting instead to have a few drinks at a Washington steakhouse. "I'll read about it tomorrow," he told Hotsheet.

The absence of the biggest-name potential candidates - Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, even Donald Trump - meant the event it generated little attention despite its status as the first debate of the cycle. Among the five men onstage - Cain, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum - only Pawlenty is seen by Washington insiders as having a legitimate shot at the GOP nomination.

Pawlenty's goal was to look presidential - despite his relatively unheralded company - and he largely pulled it off. The toughest moment for the former governor was when he was asked to defend his past support for a cap-and-trade energy policy, which got a smattering of boos. Pawlenty explained himself in part by saying, literally, "nobody's perfect."

In perhaps his most interesting response of the night, he notably declined to take a shot at likely rival Mitt Romney over Romney's Massachusetts health care law.

"Governor Romney's not here to defend himself so I'm not going to pick on him or the position he took in Massachusetts," Pawlenty said. The intraparty sparring, it appears, will have to wait.

Pawlenty did find a way to go after President Obama on foreign policy -- despite the boost Mr. Obama got from the killing of Osama bin Laden. He said that while the president "did a good job and I tip my cap to him in that moment," the raid on bin Laden is "not the sum total" of Mr. Obama's foreign policy record. In other areas, Pawlenty insisted, the president has been "weak."

"The issues that have come up while he's been president, he's gotten them wrong strategically every single time," Pawlenty said. At one point, he referred to the United Nations as "pathetic."

Santorum, who was relatively combative much of the evening, complained that Mr. Obama "sided with the mullahs" during the protests in Iran.

"If you look at what President Obama has done right in foreign policy, it has always been a continuation of the Bush policies," said Santorum, who said Mr. Obama has "gotten it wrong" every other time.

The 90-minute debate took place at the Peace Center in Greenville, South Carolina, a key early voting state. The candidates were not asked to engage with one another, limiting the fireworks.

The first applause of the evening came for Paul, who said the killing of bin Laden was a good opportunity to end the war in Afghanistan. Johnson, a fellow Libertarian, echoed that sentiment, saying the troops should come home "tomorrow."

Asked if they would support waterboarding terror suspects under certain circumstances - an issue rekindled by the killing of bin Laden, Paul, Pawlenty and Santorum raised their hands. Paul and Johnson did not. Both Paul and Johnson also discussed their support for barring the federal government from making drugs illegal. (Moderators pressed Paul on heroin specifically.) Paul drew another distinction with most of the men onstage when he said all foreign aid to the Middle East should be cut and that America should not be running secret CIA prisons.

Johnson, who supports abortion rights, became frustrated with debate moderators at one point, complaining he was not being asked enough questions. He also received the most frivolous question of the night, asked what his reality show would be about if he were offered one.

Santorum was pressed all night on being an extremist - he denied being "anti-Islam" or too socially conservative to win a general election - and pointed to his past electoral successes to cast himself as electable when debate moderators asked if Mr. Obama is unbeatable. (Unsurprisingly, he left out the 18 percentage point drubbing he took in losing his Senate seat in 2006.)

The also-ran nature of the debate was reflected in the fact that moderators asked a cluster of questions focused on the potential candidates who were not present. Paul was asked if Rep. Michele Bachmann had taken his mantle of Tea Party leader; Pawlenty was asked his thoughts on Huckabee. ("I love the Huck," he replied, awkwardly.)

The economy is the most important issue for a plurality of Americans, and the candidates certainly seized on it. Pawlenty, for one, called the National Labor Relations Board's bid to keep Boeing from building Dreamliner 787s at a nonunion plant in South Carolina "preposterous."

It was a good issue for Pawlenty (and Cain, too, who also cited it), because it allowed them to rail against big government, cast themselves as job creators, and spotlight an issue important to South Carolina voters. That's an opportunity they weren't going to pass up. (Indeed, Pawlenty focused on the same issue in a CBS News interview before the debate.)

Polls show a wide-open Republican race led by Romney, Huckabee and Trump, and Thursday night's likely-little-watched festivities were unlikely to move the numbers all that much. For the unknown candidates it was a chance to make a splash - and from that perspective, Cain certainly seems to have acquitted himself nicely. But with most eyes focused elsewhere, Thursday night is likely to be remembered -- if it's remembered at all -- as a footnote in the march to the nomination.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... z1La98lKha" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

I hate to say it, but Herman Cain is not going to win. He's going to be the GOP poptart. I love Herman's stance on economic issues, but some of the social stuff bothers me. I am Libertarian myself, and I understand where he stands on the Fair Tax. I don't know enough about him, other than my man Boortz is for him.

The other guy I am looking at this year is Paul, like I did last time. But they aren't going to be Mr. "I pwnd Osama".
Long Live the Fighters.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... share_copy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Yes we Cain!
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

May 24, 2011

Herman Cain Begins Race With High Positive Intensity

Little change for Pawlenty, Paul, or Romney; Gingrich's unfavorables up slightly

by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Newly announced presidential candidate Herman Cain, although still not widely known, has the highest Positive Intensity Score among Republicans of any potential GOP candidate still in the race. The positioning of two other candidates who have recently announced presidential bids -- Tim Pawlenty and Ron Paul -- has not changed. Both have average or below-average appeal among Republicans. Newt Gingrich's Positive Intensity Score is below average, and is down from the week prior.

Georgian Cain, former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, officially announced his presidential candidacy on Saturday. His Positive Intensity Score of 27 matches the highest yet recorded for any candidate or potential candidate this year. Cain's name recognition among Republicans remains quite low -- at 33%, better than only Gary Johnson's 20% and Jon Huntsman's 27% -- but has climbed 12 points since March.

Former Speaker of the House Gingrich had a challenging week after announcing his candidacy on May 11. His comments on "Meet the Press" about Rep. Paul Ryan's Medicare reform plan were greeted less than favorably by fellow Republicans and led to some discussion about the viability of his candidacy. In an appearance on "Face the Nation" this past Sunday, host Bob Schieffer confronted Gingrich with questions about large jewelry store charge account balances included on his wife's financial disclosure forms.

Gingrich's Positive Intensity Score is now at 11, down from the two-week average of 13 reported last week but the same as his 11 the week before that. A more detailed look at the trajectory of Gingrich's broad favorable and unfavorable ratings among Republicans indicates a modest downturn over the past week, with his favorable ratings slipping from 69% to 65%, and his unfavorables rising from 24% to 29%. Each score is a two-week rolling average, so the full impact of Gingrich's announcement of his candidacy will be reflected next week. (Full favorable and unfavorable data for all Republican candidates and potential candidates are available at Gallup's Election 2012 page.)

Former Minnesota Gov. Pawlenty announced his presidential candidacy on Monday. So far, the publicity leading up to his announcement does not appear to have increased his visibility nationally. Pawlenty's name recognition among Republicans is at 45%, down slightly from the past two weeks. His Positive Intensity Score of 13 is the same as it was last week, and about average for the 10 candidates measured this week.

Many observers argue that former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is the front-runner for the nomination at this point -- even though he has not officially declared his candidacy. That's based partly on his showing in trial heat balloting, on which he and Sarah Palin do best. Romney is well-known, but his Positive Intensity Score of 14 is exactly average for the candidates tested, and shows little change over the past six weeks. In short, Romney is not generating a lot of strong or intense feelings among rank-and-file Republicans, although his broad favorable ratings are among the highest of the potential candidates Gallup tracks.

Former Utah Gov. and Ambassador to China Huntsman spent several days in New Hampshire this past week, clearly paving the way for a possible announcement that he is running for the GOP nomination. Huntsman's name recognition is at 27%, up slightly from 20% earlier this year. His Positive Intensity Score remains low, at 8, down from earlier this year when he had scored as high as 15.

Texas Rep. Paul announced his candidacy on May 13, marking the third time he has run for his party's presidential nomination. Paul's recognition of 76% puts him just behind the group of three best-known Republicans tested, but his Positive Intensity Score of 11 is below average.

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, like Cain, continues to generate strong positive reactions among Republicans. Her current Positive Intensity Score of 23 is her highest yet this year, and is second only to Cain's. Bachmann has not announced officially that she is a presidential candidate, and perhaps because other candidates' announcements have dominated 2012 election news coverage in recent weeks, her name recognition has slipped from a high of 60% to 55%.

Former Alaska Gov. and vice presidential nominee Palin has almost universal name recognition among Republicans nationwide. Her Positive Intensity Score of 16 is above average, and below only the scores of the less well-known Cain and Bachmann. Palin has not yet announced her intentions for 2012.

Implications

None of the three best-known Republicans who are considered potential candidates for the GOP nomination -- Palin, Romney, and Gingrich -- has a significantly above-average Positive Intensity Score. Palin does slightly better than Romney, while Gingrich trails both. But none comes close to the positive image measured previously for Mike Huckabee, who recently announced he won't run, or to the strong reactions two less well-known candidates -- Cain and Bachmann -- generate. There is thus no potential candidate who at this point combines a high name ID with strongly positive reactions among Republicans. Gingrich in particular faces the challenge of a below-average Positive Intensity Score and overall unfavorable ratings that have been inching up.

There are no signs yet that two Republicans who recently announced their candidacies -- Paul and Pawlenty -- are gaining ground among Republicans nationally. Pawlenty's Positive Intensity Score is about average, while Paul's is slightly below average. Pawlenty's name recognition is still below 50% and has not improved in recent weeks.

The aforementioned candidates who generate the strongest positive reactions -- Cain and Bachmann -- have relatively low name recognition, Cain at 33% and Bachmann at 55%. Although neither is usually included in the discussions of pundits and other observers as candidates likely to win the nomination, their strongly positive images suggest that they may have more impact on this election than might be supposed -- if they can sustain their high image scores while becoming better known. The impact of candidates who have passionate followers is potentially most evident in primary elections, where, as was learned in 2010, turnout among highly motivated Republican voters can make a significant difference.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147782/Herma ... nsity.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Herman Cain Says He Proves the Tea Party Isn't Racist

Elspeth Reeve Elspeth Reeve – 56 mins ago
Herman Cain explains in a video from his presidential campaign that he "left that Democrat plantation a long time ago--and I ain't going back!" Cain is not well known, but the Republican primary voters who do know him like him a lot. Gallup found he's well ahead of the rest of the GOP 2012 pack in his positive intensity score, which is the percentage of people who have strongly favorable feelings about him minus the percentage who have strongly unfavorable feelings. The Tea Party loves him, which is interesting, given that another recent Tea Party favorite was Donald Trump. It's been just over a month since Trump's birther campaign, with its troubling racial undertones, compelled President Obama to release his long-form birth certificate. Trump immediately moved on to demanding Obama's college transcripts, implying he had benefited from affirmative action.

So it's notable that in his new video, Cain addresses race directly, saying, "To all of those people who say that the Tea Party is a racist organization, eat your words." The evidence? Herman Cain: while a countryish guitar-strummer sings about "the Cain train," the Republican candidate explains, "My great, great grandparents were slaves, and now I’m running for President of the United States of America. Is this a great country, or what?" One woman in the video says yes, the Tea Party is "about color... red, white, and blue." Cain, who grew up in Jim Crow-era Atlanta, is referred to as a "son of the South."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/atlantic/201106 ... hon=524,ga" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

The branch of the tea party Cain is part of is not racist.

I can vouch that the Tea Party people in my area are racist.

Some are some are not. The birthers, ARE a bunch of racists who can't get over us having a President who comes from parentage, there is only one race, the human race.

Rob
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

can we get back to callin'em "Tea-Baggers", please ?

thank you ....
ImageImage

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Titled Spot the Liberal. Just thought I'd post it here.

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Robspierre wrote:The branch of the tea party Cain is part of is not racist.
Bullshit: http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/ ... p-i-dont-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros