First Republican Presidential Candidate for '12

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: First Republican Presidential Candidate for '12

Post by Freakzilla »

Spice Must Flow wrote:Probably should be a new thread depending how deep you want to go.
This topic has sort of evolved into one on the Republican candidates, and I understand that this relates to their stand on economics.

I know this is probably pissing in the wind but this topic will be irrelivent next year, one on general economics will not.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Spice Must Flow

Post by Spice Must Flow »

Crysknife wrote: We've ran a deficit since 1938 and it hasn't done any harm. The fact is, cutting spending now, laying off govt. workers, cutting key programs that help the sick and elderly, cutting taxes on the wealthy all add to one thing......THINGS GET WORSE! If you can explain to me how things get better then please do. Having less money circulating in the poor and middle classes does nothing but flood the money to the top again where it is hoarded. The definition of government is "redistribution" but there isn't enough. If the wealthy had created more jobs like republican economics said they should then we wouldn't be having this conversation. So the govt. needs to get that money out and get it to the people in various forms like SBA loans, education, healthcare, grants, infrastructure, etc....

The safety net programs work. They shouldn't be killed or crippled just because republicans fucked it up in the first place, which was their plan all along anyway. Before Social Security 50 % of the elderly in this country lived in poverty and died of disease and starvation and cold, now that number is down to 10% due to SS and other programs. It is viable till the year 2037 and can go on indefinitely with minor tweaks. If the Republicans get their way that money would go once again to the private marketplace to be gambled on and eventually lost when there is a market crash. But many wealthy people will get wealthier along the way. No thanks!

I mean, how do you see Republican economics helping anyone but the wealthy.....explain yourself.
Things get worse no matter what party gets in. THis is a damned if you do, damned if youd don't scenario. Continuing to print money will lead to hyperinflation, stopping will lead to deflationary depression. WE FREMEN KNOW HOW TO CHOOSE BETWEEN EVILS. Deflation will be a cold cold winter, but hyperinflation will be a blistering summer that will lead to violence.

Really this topic should evolve into a thread where we could discuss the federal reserve and its tinkering with interest rates and such, and Austrian verses Keynsian economics and the Austrian business cycle, and why we have market crahses. I don't know if you want to do that or not, but if you start the topic I'll be willing to discuss it there. :D I think framing it Republican verses Democrat completely misses what's going on.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Spice Must Flow wrote:...if you start the topic I'll be willing to discuss it there. :D
Sure
I think framing it Republican verses Democrat completely misses what's going on.
Harumph!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I swear to gawd, if you people keep on referring to the US Federal Government
as "us" & "we", Imma STROKE THE FUCK OUT ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

SR, in Silver City NM, they have an intersection where Texas and Yankee streets meet :cylon101:

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:I swear to gawd, if you people keep on referring to the US Federal Government
:lol:
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

this ain't just a Southern Nationalist thing, either ... the actual word "nation" has become synonymous with "state",
instead the original definition of a group of people with common culture & heritage ... (altho, a modern usage applying
it to a "fan-base" is a step in the right direction ... i.e. "Raider Nation")

a "government" IS NOT the "nation" ... Lincoln's claptrap of "By the People, For the People" was repeated and repeated in
the Federal Public Schools (another alien Yankee idea) until generations later, "citizens" refer to the ruling government
as "us" ... "we" are at war with (fill in the blank) .... "WE" ain't at war with nobody; talk to the boys running the
Federal Military ... they're at war with (fill in the blank) ... the "nation" is not "at war", either ... there is no
homogeneous "American" nation ... and when a Federal President refers to the "American People", he means the
Federal Subjects ....

the poor Yankee People, while certainly to "blame" for most of the horrors on this continent and around the world
for the last 150 to 200 years (or longer, going back to Cromwell &etc), are no longer the "masters" in the American
Federal Empire they created ... the Yankee "people", just as the Black "People" & the "Southern People" & so on &
forth, are now as much Federal Subjects as everybody else ... (they finally got the "Equality Under the Law" they
always wanted ...)
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Sorry, I wasn't laughing at your ideal, just your vitriol.
~Pink Snowman
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Freakzilla wrote:
SandRider wrote:I swear to gawd, if you people keep on referring to the US Federal Government
:lol:
:D

SR, if I am guilty of this please forgive me
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/3 ... 76398.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This clown show will never end and I for one thank God! :D And they say Obama is out of touch.....please.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Iowa Caucuss is tonight: http://news.yahoo.com/guide-iowa-caucus ... 00977.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

if Ron Paul wins, watch how the "mainstream media" downplays the significance of the Iowa caucus ...

also, I was in the bunk house a little while ago, and for some ungodly reason, the mexicans have figgered out
how to hook up an antenna that picks up the local TV signals (if you'll remember, I trashed all the DishTV bullshit
after we finally got a wireless internet thing that reached the ranch) and anyway, I walked in right as Scott Pelley
(and when the fuck did he the anchor's seat ?) said "voting in the Iowa caucus begins in two hours" or whatever
and I had a "fit" right then and there ...

misleading fucking statement if ever there was one ... I know the distinction is way too small for those people to
try to explain, but a "caucus" is not a "primary election" ... people ain't actually "voting" in Iowa tonight ...

but, who the fuck really cares, right ?
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Looks like Michele Bachmann is dropping out.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:Image

Looks like Michele Bachmann is dropping out.
Oh! Was she still in?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I'm hearing Niggerhead will wait the week out and drop out Saturday .... no one in his camp seems to be planning
anything at all for New Hampshire .... I'm extremely disappointed at having my prediction shot down (altho,
there is still some fishy secret shit going on) but I'm even more pissed off at having the bitch back in Austin,
still in power, with his political career mostly intact (state-wide, anyway) ....
ImageImage

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I thought she knew The One Who Grants Miracles? Her faith must not be strong enough to continue past the very first event. Lame.

Can't wait to watch Newt kiss up to Brown-frothy just to give Romney the needle.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Came across this nice little campaign ad from Ron Paul:

:clap: I guarantee you could not find an ad that is this honest about the war, from any Democrat. This is what it comes down to: occupation of other countries begets more terrorism to fight in the future, plain and simple. And a war on "terror" is utterly stupid. As Jon Stewart put it, "You'll never kill all the cockroaches in New York."

Then again, a self-perpetuating war against a human emotion sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you're a defense contractor. And if American citizens lose their rights & the economy tanks in the process, so what? Stop whining and get a job, you spoiled shits.

Yeah, anyway RON PAUL 2012!! (Well, except the insane half of his brain that wants to cut EVERYTHING...)
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

That's a great campaign commercial. I don't want him to become the president, but I hope he stays in the race until the end. It's good for people to hear what he has to say.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Agreed 100% Mandy. Sure would be fun to see him run to the left of Obama if he got the nod though, no matter the outcome.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I just discovered Buddy Roemer :P I like what he has to say about government corruption. Too bad he doesn't have a chance.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
trang

Post by trang »

Drunken Idaho wrote:Came across this nice little campaign ad from Ron Paul:

:clap: I guarantee you could not find an ad that is this honest about the war, from any Democrat. This is what it comes down to: occupation of other countries begets more terrorism to fight in the future, plain and simple. And a war on "terror" is utterly stupid. As Jon Stewart put it, "You'll never kill all the cockroaches in New York."

Then again, a self-perpetuating war against a human emotion sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you're a defense contractor. And if American citizens lose their rights & the economy tanks in the process, so what? Stop whining and get a job, you spoiled shits.

Yeah, anyway RON PAUL 2012!! (Well, except the insane half of his brain that wants to cut EVERYTHING...)
Great video for feeding the mind. I think overall we are in to many different countries for reasons that don't add up and it does put a strain on our economy.

Ron Paul is a solid representative in congress with a solid track record. I think some of his views are a little extreme, but he does back them up. I don't think his views are ready for "Joe the plumber" though.
We have more evolving to do. His diversity is great, his ability to compete, that's the question.

For the record, I do believe in a strong military at all times, for the foreseeable future. The globe is so imbalanced, the overdeveloped vs underdeveloped, mix in population and Ideology(political, religious, ethnic, Illuminati,etc) and its just a dangerous mix.

I don't believe our "Republic" method is for everyone, but I do think our Constitution is one of the greatest governing documents ever created. If those seeking freedom to pursue life, liberty, and happiness want to tweak for their purpose, more power to them. Our Diplomacy and Consultation would go farther that a gun barrel I agree.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Texas Gov. Rick Perry will abandon his presidential bid and endorse Newt Gingrich, two Republican officials said Thursday, a move coming just two days before the pivotal South Carolina primary as Republican front-runner Mitt Romney struggles to fend off a challenge from the former House speaker.

Perry scheduled a news conference Thursday morning in South Carolina to announce his decision.

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid pre-empting the announcement.

Perry has faced calls in recent days to drop out of the race to compel conservative voters, whose support has been divided among several conservative candidates, to rally behind Gingrich in hopes of stopping Romney. Recent polls show Gingrich gaining steam heading into Saturday's contest. Romney has benefited thus far from having several challengers who are considered more conservative than him competing for the same segment of voters.

Perry entered the race last August to great fanfare and high numbers in polls. But his standing quickly fell after a series of gaffes and other verbal missteps. Those errors called into question whether the Texas politician who had never lost a race during his three-decade career in elected office was ready for the national stage.

His biggest flub came in a nationally televised debate in early November, when he could not remember the name of the third Cabinet department he pledged to eliminate.

Perry could only manage to say, "Oops." Making fun of himself afterward, he told reporters: "I stepped in it."
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Go Newt!
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

trang wrote:I don't believe our "Republic" method is for everyone, but I do think our Constitution is one of the greatest governing documents ever created.
Agreed, but it's important to note that it was also the most progressive governing document of its time. Folks who suggest that those who wrote it were conservatives need a lesson in context.
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Just a random thought, but women seem to absolutely hate Newt Gingrich...