Rick Perry 2012

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandRider
Watermaster

Rick Perry 2012

Post by SandRider »

to no-one's surprise, Rick "Howzmah Hair?" Perry was re-elected guvner of the Great State of Texas ... Bill White actually pulled 41%, tho ...
somebody down south didn't get them boxes stuffed right, I guess ....

I've said before that Perry was giving all indications of running for president in 2012, and now the robber barons & party bosses
are giving all indications that he will be the Republican nominee .... I decided to point this out and go ahead and tell y'all what's
going on and going to happen given all the crazy talk about Palin in her daughter's thread ....

the robber barons and party bosses have tossed Palin out into the spotlight for two reasons - one, they know the media will
suck onto her like U.S. Grant on a bottle of corn liquor, keeping the attention on her and not on the real maneuvers, which is
to quietly line up support and all the corporate money for the Perry campaign ....

(that's a given - number two is more speculative on my part ....)

they intend to let Palin and the Teabaggers run wild on the TV for about another 18 months, going to the farthest extremes they can -
rallies, crazy manifestos, lots of talk of guns and killing immigrants and Gawd's Judgment on Merica and so forth, until even the moderately
conservative people, like Freakzilla f'instance, say Wait ... what?

Rick Perry is then introduced as the sane, rational choice, and the fucking hammer is brought down on the Teabaggers ...

I cannot for the life of me see the Republicans duplicating the error they made last go round by allowing the insane wing of their party
to push an electable candidate over into the Krazy Klown Kar ....

on the other hand, I think that behind the scenes, Obama's done a stand-up job of kow-towing to the right robber barons;
he might well be anointed with another term ... in any case tho, the Republican nomination is going to Rick Perry ...

bet on it ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Re: Rick Perry 2012

Post by Eyes High »

What gets me is the politicians that accept an office when they know they want to run for a bigger office that will be open before their term is up. If this Perry block wanted to run for Pres in 2012 then why in the heck did he run for re-election as governor? (that's a rhetorical question there gents)

Finish the job you have before trying for a 'bigger' office. That was my beef with Edwards when he first tried to run for president (long before the scandal broke) I felt like he quit on North Carolina and there was no way in Hades that I would ever vote for him because of that. (Which of course turned out to be a mute point)

One of my facebook friends made a comment about Texas being under a dark mark for the next 4 years, so I gathered he wasn't too thrilled about who won the election.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandRider
Watermaster

Re: Rick Perry 2012

Post by SandRider »

no, no - you never give up the Seat of Power you have ... look @John McCain & John Kerry - they both ran in the mid-term of
their Senate seats and lost - and went back to the Senate ...

if Rick "Ah Carry a 9mm when Jogging cause Ah'm a Texun" Perry had not run for re-election, he would have been out of power of
two years, running around on FoxNEWS looking like Palin and Huckabee - out of office pols not to be taken seriously anymore ... now
he's got two more years to run around Austin, acting like the executive of a Big State, burying the bodies behind the governor's
mansion and twisting arms in the backrooms ...

also, he put another successful campaign on his tip-sheet - had he lost re-election, that would've been it for him - the robber barons
would've started looking elsewhere ...

y'all will get a chance to see the boy tonight - him & his hair are scheduled for John Stewart ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008