Is There a Conspiracy?

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Is the New World Order up to something dastardly?

Yes
27%
No
9%
We are all Sandchigger
64%

Total votes: 22

Aquila ka-Hecate

Re: Is There a Conspiracy?

Post by Aquila ka-Hecate »

Conspiracy theories?

I go with what Terence McKenna said:

"I believe that the truth of the matter is far more terrifying, that the real truth that dare not speak itself is that no one is in control, absolutely no one."
Aquila ka-Hecate

...not even Sandchigger, whom we all evidently are.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Aquila ka-Hecate wrote:Conspiracy theories?

"I believe that the truth of the matter is far more terrifying, that the real truth that dare not speak itself is that no one is in control, absolutely no one."

Exactly. Conspiracy theories are psychologically soothing because somebody is, ultimately, in control. Also, people feel important if they have secret knowledge. And conspiracy theories are fun.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
lotek

Post by lotek »

merkin muffley wrote:

Exactly. Conspiracy theories are psychologically soothing because somebody is, ultimately, in control. Also, people feel important if they have secret knowledge. And conspiracy theories are fun.
lotek wrote:Good stuff for the X files, but it's really the modern equivalent of religion for weak minds: it takes away the responsability of people's failures.
:)

And they are fun!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

lotek wrote:
lotek wrote:Good stuff for the X files, but it's really the modern equivalent of religion for weak minds: it takes away the responsability of people's failures.
Bolded mine.

People now a days do not need religion to justify not taking responsibility, they do that on their own with no problem.

Rob
lotek

Post by lotek »

yes but I reckon these theories have so much appeal because of that deep ingrained need to have some sort of immaterial power that makes one's efforts useless...
And they're a mythology of their own, with its prophets, miracles and intercessors; which makes them interesting to look up :)
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandRider wrote:the government has a secret department that creates and disseminates these conspiracy theories
to divert attention from their real agendas
How can I get a job with that department. That is my dream job. Can I get an entry-level position as a spammer?
Do you not think that the planet of Earth is 75% water and the peoples of the Earth is 75% water meaning that planktons of the seas is also fluoride on the faces of Mars? Visit my websites, I has candy...
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

merkin muffley wrote:

The idea that everything in the world has a narrative and a villain we can fight is an appealing one :)

Even if there are some very powerful groups with grand plans, working covertly towards some very shady goals, whatever their methods, and no matter how well-thought-out their plans - they are just as clueless as anyone else whatever they're trying to do will have unexpected results. Because stuff is complicated like that.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Oh guaranteed people try to play the planet like an instrument, countries like the US and China (and every other powerful country really, US and China just have the muscle to get it done sometimes) do it all the bloody time. I see no reason that large conglomerate companies wouldn't do it from time to time. Look at how Coca Cola hires militias to keep the unions under control in their 3rd world manufacuring facilities (long story, look it up yourself), or how Shell has utterly fucked Columbia as hard as it can.
Aquila ka-Hecate

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I see no reason that large conglomerate companies wouldn't do it from time to time. Look at how Coca Cola hires militias to keep the unions under control in their 3rd world manufacuring facilities (long story, look it up yourself), or how Shell has utterly fucked Columbia as hard as it can.
That's one of the ideas which hit me hard from Heinlein's Friday. That was published when, sometime in the '80s?

I have no doubt that corporates will try anything to keep their grubby hold on people's consumerist minds while making as much money as possible.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Seems like as good a place as any for this:

Mad Marilyn Martin over on Amazon has a new sidekick: a (self-claimed) dyslexic thirty-something Aussie named "gaffrey" who is potentially a bigger wingnut than Granma Marilyn herself. In the UFO forums:
gaffrey (Aug. 16, 2010 9:50 PM PDT) wrote:Conspiracy? Yes of course! Paranoid perhaps? Whats your theory Ronald? Nonsense, time is telling, click clock, click clock

TO BE OR NOT TO BE is the question preoccupating enquiring minds.
Me (Aug. 17, 2010 4:14 AM PDT) wrote:"preoccupating" is the word going to be preoccupying me for a while now, I fear. :)
gaffrey (Aug. 17, 2010 6:58 AM PDT) wrote:Can you imagine what Im thinking? Do you know what it is that you do to me? Ah Ronald! Sweet dreams
Me (Aug. 18, 2010 4:25 AM PDT) wrote:"Can you imagine what Im thinking? Do you know what it is that you do to me?"

I really haven't the faintest idea, but I am sure that I don't want to know if it in any way involves you touching yourself.
Click clock, click clock, time is slowly passing! :laughing:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandChigger wrote: Click clock, click clock, time is slowly passing! :laughing:
:shock: :lol:
WHOA that is batshit.
lotek

Post by lotek »

merkin muffley wrote:
SandChigger wrote: Click clock, click clock, time is slowly passing! :laughing:
:shock: :lol:
WHOA that is batshit.
wouldn't that be "tick tock"?

And also, links or it didn't happen :)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Consider it an exercise for the reader. :P

Marilyn piped up in one of her threads in the Science Fiction forum and implied I would be interested in a repository of anal probes discovered on the moon. All because I made a few jokes about aliens and anal probes. :roll: She's a right batty old cunt, she is.
aethereon

Post by aethereon »

FW: FW: FW: FW: Tell Everyone!

I.
Hate.
All of you.

Sincerely,
God
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Seems I pushed the right buttons and got Marilyn Martin all hot and bothered on Amazon. She's threatening to do more "internet research" in order to discover why I, a "massive egomaniac", had to "flee the U.S." and find work in Japan. :shock:

:?: :!:

:laughing-rolling:

My name is Ronald Craig. I live in Japan.

EXTRA POINTS IF YOU FIND THIS POST, MARILYN MARTIN, YOU NASTY OLD VINDICTIVE HALF-SENILE DRIED-UP CUNT.
lotek

Post by lotek »

now the truth will be revealed!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Every couple years we're going to see some new preeq that thinks they've discovered some grand secret that SandChigger is actually a real person.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

This old bitch doesn't even qualify as a preeq, since I doubt she's read any of the McDune stuff.

And to be honest, I don't know how she would have time to read anything, judging from all the time she seems to spend on Amazon and "researching" UFO and "ET-craft" information on fringe websites. :P

I just wonder if she buys many books or other products through Amazon. I'm sure I can't be the only person complaining about her directly. (Plenty of other people give her shit about the stupidity she posts over there.)

She's a writer herself, you know. Two YA science fiction books (The Chronicles of Mathias or some shit like that) about—get this—a resurgent threat from reptilian aliens! :P (Which she actually seems to believe in. :crazy: :lol: )

Maybe I'll post a trap message on the blog, too. Think if I get her excited enough, she'll pop the mothballs out of her perschwanky?
:puke:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Too bad Harwood's dead. They'd make one hell of a couple.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
lotek

Post by lotek »

damn you google!
lotek

Post by lotek »

found her :p
I have lots of interests -- just not the time or money to enjoy all of them, as much as I would like. Writing, traveling, reading books, learning, watching movies, and reading on-line newspapers. I'm also active here, in Amazon forum discussion
not time or money to read, learn watch movies or read "on line newspapers"(but not paper news papers?) ?
Must be too busy traveling... or being active on Amazon...

wonder which one it is :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

She's evidently breaking in a new pair of pitbull dentures now. That or she bought a new thesaurus. :lol:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I'd do her.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Freakzilla wrote:I'd do her.
Marilyn Martin, recording artist (Possessive Love)? Or Marilyn Martin, the crazy old Amazon.com conspiracy bitch?