Glenn Beck is a Douchebag

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Drunken Idaho

Re: Glenn Beck is a Douchebag

Post by Drunken Idaho »

So, I thought some of you might find this interesting. Glenn Beck has denounced Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the U.S.A" for being un-American...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/1 ... 97360.html

I get the impression that he's one of those douchebags that only seems to know the chorus of any given song, but kind of mumbles along to the verse because he's ignorant.

Be sure to watch the clip that's on the article... He begrudgingly reads the lyrics in a kind of mocking tone, sneering at what it's about. Then he goes on to say that it's propaganda, and that the song is the kind of thing the victims of communism should have seen as a sign that their country was in danger... :roll:
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Olympos

Post by Olympos »

The guy is a radio shock jock that figured out there's more money to be made getting people worked up about something political than there ever was making fart jokes and being a pale shade of Howard Stern. It is all cold calculation, "What can I work people up about today," and he believes it himself about as much as the guy trying to sell you that '94 Dodge believes it's "a gem".
All rebels are closet aristocrats.

Leto Atreides II
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

John Stewart is mocking him relentlessly right now ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Imagine how shocked he'll be when he sits down and reads the bible.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

SandRider wrote:John Stewart is mocking him relentlessly right now ....
Damn I wish I could find a link of that on YouTube, I missed the most recent episode of Stewart over here.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

the entire first two segments of last night's show was a MadTV-style parody of Beck's show,
down to the logos on the screens in the background ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

That was amazing...
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Here's a link to the video: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-m ... ibertarian" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Nekhrun wrote:Here's a link to the video: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-m ... ibertarian" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Huge thanks dude, gonna watch it after having my late breakfast!
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

good-baby-jesus-ina-bumper-car, how the fuck do you know about Jones ?

that silly fucker's been spouting his bile out of Austin for years now ---
did he buy the Wolfman's Radio-X and is now blasting his propaganda
with 150,000 watts ?

God Save North America ....
ImageImage

cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

SandRider wrote:good-baby-jesus-ina-bumper-car, how the fuck do you know about Jones ?

that silly fucker's been spouting his bile out of Austin for years now ---
did he buy the Wolfman's Radio-X and is now blasting his propaganda
with 150,000 watts ?

God Save North America ....
He has an ipod/iphone free app, I listen to his broadcast to improve my English. I discovered Alex Jones on short wave radio some 5 years ago, his collaborators talk about very interesting topics. Things that I myself am living here in Mexico, big brother surveillance, replacement of money for electronic currency (yesterday they announced that the banks won't be taking the dollars of the people anymore), a police state (the mexican right is like a soviet government!) the hoax of the AH1N1 pandemic and the dangers of this vaccine and vaccines in general, aspartame, national registry of cell phone users, politicians calling to censor twitter, Calderon constantly talking about the integration of North America, global warming brainwashing to kids, they are promoting a biometric identification card with traceable microchip, etc. As Alex Jones says: "Do not believe me, go and do some research observe by yourself what's happening."

His latest rant was Mad!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U1Neq-01OE

In past weeks he did an interesting performance, the one mentioned about the "killing"of an Ipad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyEhWeAseSo

I gave a try to the podcasts of physicist Michiou Kaku, because I like physics but he speaks so low and slowly, I can barely hear him, so I continued listening to Alex Jones.

Of course I have to endure his broadcasts on topics like "the mexican plan to kill all the white americans": Plan de San Diego and the coverage of the coming racial war movie "Machete" (I do not have plans to take a machete and to go to the USA to kill americans...) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qw7t028JqE

There are mexican gangs and drug cartels; he has a point: some mexicans, a lot, are a danger to the USA. And the illegal immigration is a escape valve for the mexican plutocracy, here they pay a misery to the people and exploit the middle class, instead of improving living conditions, that's why we have some of the richest tycoons on Earth. If the USA begins to block the illegal immigration, the system will lose one of its pillars: the money sent home by the migrants (the other pillars: incomes of the exportation of oil and of course drugs trafficking). The mexican oligarchy has to change the system, to give power to the people and to pay taxes like any other mortal, it is known and proved that mexican tycoons do not pay taxes; they must change or the country can explode in a revolution. I really feel like a water fat city fremen living under Harkonnen occupation.

PS
I also buy DVD box sets of Doctor Who to improve my british accent :)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

More Glenn Beck based 'entertainment':

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... youth.html

:doh: :doh: :doh:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Hadi Benotto

Post by Hadi Benotto »

SadisticCynic wrote:More Glenn Beck based 'entertainment':

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... youth.html

:doh: :doh: :doh:
Why anyone listens to this fucktard is truely beyond me. I read the article on CNN yesterday and remembered that the asshole is helping to fund his own political camps. Can someone please take him to task for this? I can only pray that Stewart/ Colbert take him to task on it because I doubt anyone else will. If someone could strap him to a nut kicking machine for the rest of his life so he truely has something to cry about, it still wouldn't be enough. Him and Limbaugh. Both dispicable humans who don't need to be involved in any sort of political discourse.

From the CNN article:

Beck said the camp "sounds a little like, you know, the Hitler Youth or whatever. Who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing."

However, politically-oriented camps are being organized in several U.S. states by chapters of the "9/12 Project" -- an organization founded by Beck himself in 2009.

The Colorado 9/12 Project hosted a "Patriot Camp" for kids in grades 1-5 earlier this month, featuring programs on "our Constitution, the Founding Fathers, and the values and principles that are the cornerstones of our nation."

And in August, the Danville, Kentucky, chapter is holding a "Vacation Liberty School" that organizers pledge "will help your children understand where we came from. Understand where we went wrong. Understand where the fork in the road was, and which path we should have taken."
No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

All that's missing is firearms training! :D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
ULFsurfer

Post by ULFsurfer »

I feel really sick hearing this piece of #$(!#$% from him.. Like I seriously have to :puke:

Norway should demand an apology from this little miserable puddle of diarrhea.

But I could never respond to it better than this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iljva1EoVzc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
trang

Post by trang »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That pretty much says how I have felt about
GB for years. Nice, thanks for link.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Wow, I have a hard time imagining how it could possibly be worse than FAUX News, but I have a feeling he'll somehow pull it off...

What's that other psycho bitch's name? Anne Coulter or some shit? She'll have to feature heavily.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Wow, I have a hard time imagining how it could possibly be worse than FAUX News, but I have a feeling he'll somehow pull it off...

What's that other psycho bitch's name? Anne Coulter or some shit? She'll have to feature heavily.
Heh, I like that one. :)
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Wow, I have a hard time imagining how it could possibly be worse than FAUX News, but I have a feeling he'll somehow pull it off...
No way. This thing is dead on arrival. No one is talking about him anymore. He's a complete non-factor. He's going to try to out-crazy himself but the ship has sailed.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
A Thing of Eternity

SadisticCynic wrote:

Heh, I like that one. :)
It's an oldie but a goodie! They serious are just like the network of flat out made up shit and crazy opinions that ever change (I love watching the Daily Show when Jon Stewart doesn't even have to make jokes, all he has to do is play clips from FOX! Pretty much anything any of them has ever said they've also said the opposite, on camera... total idiots!).
A Thing of Eternity

Nekhrun wrote:
No way. This thing is dead on arrival. No one is talking about him anymore. He's a complete non-factor. He's going to try to out-crazy himself but the ship has sailed.
As long as he doesn't try to out crazy Anne Coulter we should be safe at least, THAT would be some terrifying shit right there!