Cynthia McKinney Arrested by Isreal!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Cynthia McKinney Arrested by Isreal!

Post by Freakzilla »

First, let me say .... YEA! I hope they keep her.

US remains silent over McKinney arrest by Israel
Posted by sakerfa on July 1, 2009

Nearly a day after the detention of former US lawmaker Cynthia McKinney by Israeli forces, Washington has yet to make a reaction.

Israeli Navy detained former US congresswoman and Nobel Prize laureate Cynthia McKinney and twenty other human rights activists on board a relief boat outside Israel’s territorial waters on Tuesday as they were heading to Gaza on a humanitarian mission.

Tel Aviv claims the boat was trying to break Israel’s two-year siege on Gaza.

Ms McKinney — the 2008 Green Party nominee for President of the United States– has accused Tel Aviv of violating the international law by seizing an aid vessel in international waters.

“This is an outrageous violation of international law against us. Our boat was not in Israeli waters, and we were on a human rights mission to the Gaza Strip,” McKinney said in a statement.

Green Party leaders have called on the White House and the US State Department to intervene and demand the immediate release of all the activists.

On Monday, the International Committee of the Red Cross warned of dire humanitarian situation in Gaza, saying 1.5 million Palestinians living in the coastal sliver are ‘trapped in despair’ because of the continuing Israeli blockade on the territory.

Since June 2007, when Israel imposed a blockade on the territory, no raw material has entered Gaza, stalling any attempt to rebuild the strip.

According to the humanitarian agency report, seriously ill patients were not receiving the treatment they needed and thousands of Gazans whose homes were destroyed during Israel’s three-week Christmas war were still without shelter.

Source: Press TV
http://dprogram.net/2009/07/01/us-remai ... by-israel/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Cynthia McKinney Arrested by Isreal!

Post by SandChigger »

Hey, thanks for posting this. (Seriously! Saves me having to google! CNNj just had one of those infuriating little bottom-of-the-screen news bites that they never do a full follow-up blurb on, and I was wondering what it was all about.)

She's that loon from the police incident at the Capitol a few years back, right? I recognize the crazed look in her eyes.

:roll:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

if the Palestinians had arrested & detained a US citizen
of the White Right-wing Republican persuasion, you'd
be calling for a nuclear strike .....

perspective, objectivity, balance, honesty ..... get some.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Who, me?! :shock: :animals-bunnywhite:
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

No...Freak
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:if the Palestinians had arrested & detained a US citizen
of the White Right-wing Republican persuasion, you'd
be calling for a nuclear strike .....

perspective, objectivity, balance, honesty ..... get some.
She needed to be arrested for that hair-do alone. That's not a hairdo, it's a scare-do!

Have you ever listened to this woman talk? She's a moron, I don't care which side of the isle she sat on.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:She's that loon from the police incident at the Capitol a few years back, right? I recognize the crazed look in her eyes.

:roll:
Yeah, she threw her phone at a Capitol security guard for not recognizing her and called him racist...
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Maybe they'll keep her!
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.