Swine Flu = Democratic phenomenon

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Swine Flu = Democratic phenomenon

Post by Freakzilla »

Nekhrun wrote:Also, I believe that the Swine flu is now called the NAFTA flu. Just another little gift of Free Trade.
That's a joke, right? :shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Also, I believe that the Swine flu is now called the NAFTA flu. Just another little gift of Free Trade.
Nope.

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/4/29/the_nafta_flu
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

We can never have enough of these threads
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

More good stuff

"And, Mr. Speaker, likewise, as President Obama insisted a Catholic university cover the image of Christ during the Easter season while he spoke at that school, George Washington, our first President, demonstrated that he was not offended by the image of the risen Christ. In fact, our Nation's first President let his views be known quite clearly on his inauguration by a prayer which George Washington himself gave at his inauguration. He said, and I quote, Mr. Speaker:

"'Almighty God, we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection; that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large. And finally, that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.'

"Mr. Speaker, our first President, George Washington, insisted on his inauguration day as the first President of this great country, that unless the citizens of our country imitate the example of Jesus Christ, that we would not be a happy Nation. What a clear contrast between our first President and our current President."

Where did this prayer come from? Well, it's a rewriting of the last paragraph of the circular letter sent by Washington to the governors of the states in 1783, when he resigned from the Army at the end of the Revolutionary War. This paragraph was altered by a church, inserting a few "Thys," "Thous," and "Thees," and adding the "Almighty God" opening at the beginning, and the "through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen" closing to the end, thus creating Washington's "prayer for the nation." This fabricated prayer was put on plaques in several churches associated for one reason or another with Washington, then spread to to the Christian nationalist American history books, and eventually to the internet, which is apparently where Michele Bachmann gets her historical "facts."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Nekhrun wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Nope.

hey, thanks for linking to one of my favorite leftitst sites !!

And I've watched & listened to Amy Goodman for years, but she really jumped up
there to Hero Status when she was pushed down, zip-tied & arrested at the Republican
National Convention last year. (She has the audacity to have Press Credentials and
try to interview protesters when the cops came to clear the street - there's great
video of her, right before she got attacked, waving her press pass in a cop's face,
asking if he understood the First Amendment Freedom of the Press clause. He didn't.)
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Well you should learn that ts a christain nation and George Washington himself said so!

I also adore Amy Goodman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

SwordMaster wrote:We can never have enough of these threads
You bet...They are keepin me sane...or insane...whatever part of my mind is up today...
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SwordMaster wrote:Well you should learn that ts a christain nation and George Washington himself said so!

I also adore Amy Goodman
Is she hot?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:Well you should learn that ts a christain nation and George Washington himself said so!

I also adore Amy Goodman
Is she hot?
not really
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandRider wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Nope.

hey, thanks for linking to one of my favorite leftitst sites !!

And I've watched & listened to Amy Goodman for years, but she really jumped up
there to Hero Status when she was pushed down, zip-tied & arrested at the Republican
National Convention last year. (She has the audacity to have Press Credentials and
try to interview protesters when the cops came to clear the street - there's great
video of her, right before she got attacked, waving her press pass in a cop's face,
asking if he understood the First Amendment Freedom of the Press clause. He didn't.)
I was there when it happened. She's too conservative for me though.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros