Obama continues FISA Abuse & Lies: Wiretapping, State Secret

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Obama continues FISA Abuse & Lies: Wiretapping, State Secret

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Re: Obama continues FISA Abuse & Lies: Wiretapping, State Secret

Post by SwordMaster »

There a few things he and Bush are the exact same on. This is one of them.

I think all state leaders have to make a difficult choice like this one, privacy or protection... something in between
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Obama ain't the Messiah. I disagree with him on this, just like I did with Bush.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

The violation of the 4th amendment won't ever stop. It will continue and was started long before Bush or Obama.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

yah and really, Im not sure I give a flying fuck. I dont say anything on the phone that could get me in some kind of legal trouble, I think its just bad guys that have to worry about this shit. I mean really, does it bother you that the govt might be listening to your phone call? Really do you have anything to worry about?
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

wow, I figured you'd LIKE that ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:wow, I figured you'd LIKE that ....
The analysis is all partisan. None of it is based on logic. Sad.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
trang

Post by trang »

ya might want to read about J. Edger Hoover there folks.... been going on long before bush. files and files and files and files on everybody and every thing. But for Joe average ham n egger out there its a simple case of:

"Hide in Plain Sight".....most if not all of us fall under this category, 99 percent of everything we say, do, write, communicate, mark.. any type of life trail, is so boringly normal... it is passed over by filters and they arent that smart if you didnt know that.

I mean Honetly... if you live your normal life doing normal things in the normal course of normalcy, the chances of you encountering any element that would get you flagged as a person of interest is so remote, well you have better chance of Ed McMan follow thru on his promises.

I dont have the balls to attempt my theory, but Its as simple as this, rent a white panel van and get a UPS hat. Get Red Spray Paint and in big letters so can be read from a far paint "Bomb inside" on both sides of the panel van. Go drive around the city and see what happens. I bet ya 80 to 20 nothing... because its so stupid.. everyone who would normally be concerned would see it as so dumb they just pass it off. Hidden in plain sight.

My point? watching TV makes you stupider....I wonder if they (whoever they are) have done a study to see if Watching TV makes you loose IQ points. Hype, FearMongering, Bias, etc is nonsense. I believe the people on the TV are less intelligent thant the people watching.

They (again whoever they are) want you to be focused in on these kind of stories so you overlook the elephant in the living room, which is what they are REALLY doing, I believe its called Misdirection?? ever heard of it?

A president lying?? Man what a news event!!!
The government spying on us?? stop the press's!!!!
the State having secrets?? Hold the phone people!!

Politicians telling the truth!!! that would be news!!

Im Just floored that 95 percent of us are lawabiding...civilized living people, and we allow ourselves to be beguiled by over publizing of the 5 percent that cause hassles.

Blah!!! monitor me, tap me, lie to me..... but for gods sake dont BORE ME!!!!!!

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Didn't bother looking at the link. Is this another bullshit thread?
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

SandChigger wrote:Didn't bother looking at the link. Is this another bullshit thread?
Appears that way. I don't even know if it's true that Obama's continuing the wiretapping.

Either way, you know there would be criticism thrown up. He continues it, he's a fascist. He stops it, he doesn't want to protect Uh-merr-i-ka from the turr-err-ists. I love the world in the no-spin zone.

:roll:
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I just love ... THE WHOLE WORLD
IT'S SUCH A LOVELY PLACE!
BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH BOOM DEE AH DAH ... :tissue2:
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

SwordMaster wrote:yah and really, Im not sure I give a flying fuck. I dont say anything on the phone that could get me in some kind of legal trouble, I think its just bad guys that have to worry about this shit. I mean really, does it bother you that the govt might be listening to your phone call? Really do you have anything to worry about?
Reasons to care:
- Common discomfort at being overheard, quite commonplace in humans. Privacy is not about hiding something bad, it is about the common assumption that noone is monitoring me (imagine I have a webcam in your apartment as you read this, and my checking your facial expression as your read this sentence - nothing criminal to hide in that, is there?)
- Privacy not being an acceptabel option; if I want privacy, it becomes suspicious in itself (stronger suspicion the stronger the 'base level' of surveillance is).
- Possible misuse. Includes personal stalking and similar, but also the fact that the government will be able to find reason to raid 90% of all households at will, if they listen enough - makes certain amendments dead-letter technicalities...
- Inability to rebel. Forget guns (the government has nukes, for cheese-sakes), you need to communicate freely to have a chance at rebellion.
- Civil disobedience becomes impossible. And more rules can be instated, as they can now be checked on (no using swear-words in front of your kids, no filesharing on the internetz, etc. Lobbyists would love to instate all sorts of laws which are now non-enforcable, let's not give them the chance.

See also:
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm? ... _id=998565
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? What about due process?

I don't have anything to hide either, other then my fondness for crazy sociopaths on a few certain websites. :mrgreen: (Oops, Did I say that out loud?) But seriously, there are already laws in place for obtaining the ‘right’ to wiretap an individual or a group. Our government needs to stick to those rules and stop trying to circumvent them. Yes, terrorists are real and our government needs to try their best to protect us from them, but when that protection starts violating our rights, then what should we do? If we are willing to give up so much of our ‘freedoms’ to be safe, then will it be worth being safe when we have no more freedoms to enjoy?

Well that’s my ramble ling for this morning. (So far.) ;)
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Phaedrus wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Didn't bother looking at the link. Is this another bullshit thread?
Appears that way. I don't even know if it's true that Obama's continuing the wiretapping.

Either way, you know there would be criticism thrown up. He continues it, he's a fascist. He stops it, he doesn't want to protect Uh-merr-i-ka from the turr-err-ists. I love the world in the no-spin zone.

:roll:
You said what I was thinking.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

"Is there another kind?" :lol:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."