Gun Control

Image
    Abandon all sanity, ye who enter here!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby SandChigger » 25 Jul 2009 05:54

Redstar wrote:...our studiers.


We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
But then it was over
We ohhed and aahed
We drove our racing cars
We ate our last few jars of caviar
And somewhere out there in the stars
A keen-eyed look-out
Spied a flickering light
Our last hurrah
Our last hurrah
And when they found our shadows
Grouped 'round the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then, the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry, no feelings left
This species has amused itself to death
;)

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18163
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby Freakzilla » 25 Jul 2009 07:56

We just need a new frontier.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby SandChigger » 25 Jul 2009 14:33

We HAVE one.

And have had for the last forty fucking years.

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18163
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby Freakzilla » 25 Jul 2009 14:42

SandChigger wrote:We HAVE one.

And have had for the last forty fucking years.


A new place to shoot people.. why have we not tapped into this?
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby SandChigger » 25 Jul 2009 18:46

Laziness? Stupidity? Lack of vision?

Same reasons we fuck anything else up. We're becoming a very KJA country. No wonder he's so popular! (Supposedly)
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

User avatar
GamePlayer
70mm God
Posts: 2993
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Gun Control

Postby GamePlayer » 25 Jul 2009 22:06

SandChigger wrote:We're becoming a very KJA country.


"Don't wanna be an Anderson idiot!" :lol: :laughing:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."

User avatar
SadisticCynic
Posts: 2029
Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
Location: In Time or in Space?

Re: Gun Control

Postby SadisticCynic » 26 Jul 2009 07:54

GamePlayer wrote:
SandChigger wrote:We're becoming a very KJA country.


"Don't wanna be an Anderson idiot!" :lol: :laughing:


:lol: :lol:

:clap:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

User avatar
chanilover
Posts: 1639
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 08:29

Re: Gun Control

Postby chanilover » 26 Jul 2009 15:54

You whining American bitches don't know how good you have it.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Image
Image

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby SandChigger » 26 Jul 2009 15:57

That has always been true. ;)

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18163
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby Freakzilla » 26 Jul 2009 17:08

I do and think Green Day doesn't deserve to live here. :wink:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
GamePlayer
70mm God
Posts: 2993
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Gun Control

Postby GamePlayer » 26 Jul 2009 18:17

Hey, bitchy brits and yokel yanks, don't interrupt me when bashing KJA! :lol:

Here's one more for ya, SadisticCynic :)

*sung to the tune of American Psycho by Treble Charger*

"And now I know how far you'd go
To be the next cash flow
Oh, Anderson’s a psycho
Champ of mediocrity
Respected author wannabe,
Destined for obscurity"


:laughing:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby SandChigger » 26 Jul 2009 18:49

:lol: I wonder if that would fit into a Tweet.... :think:


(We may as well throw in the towel when we start talking about citizens not having a right to live in the country, simply because we don't like their political views, lifestyles, etc, etc, bad music, or silly names. :Adolf: )

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18163
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby Freakzilla » 26 Jul 2009 19:10

Having a right to something is not the same as deserving it.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby SandChigger » 26 Jul 2009 19:24

Who decides who deserves and who doesn't?

User avatar
SadisticCynic
Posts: 2029
Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
Location: In Time or in Space?

Re: Gun Control

Postby SadisticCynic » 26 Jul 2009 20:24

The question of leadership is inevitably: who will play God? - Muad'dib
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

User avatar
SadisticCynic
Posts: 2029
Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
Location: In Time or in Space?

Re: Gun Control

Postby SadisticCynic » 26 Jul 2009 20:35

GamePlayer wrote:Hey, bitchy brits and yokel yanks, don't interrupt me when bashing KJA! :lol:

Here's one more for ya, SadisticCynic :)

*sung to the tune of American Psycho by Treble Charger*

"And now I know how far you'd go
To be the next cash flow
Oh, Anderson’s a psycho
Champ of mediocrity
Respected author wannabe,
Destined for obscurity"


:laughing:


Ha, nice. :) Had to listen to the song first though, unfortunately I had heard Green Day before.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: Gun Control

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 26 Jul 2009 22:25

Redstar wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Redstar wrote:
Eyes High wrote:
Redstar wrote:Haven't read the thread through and through, but I support taking guns from everyone but the government.


Then in this my dear friend we shall have to agree to disagree. I think that would be a HUGE mistake. The people should have a right to defend themselves. And history has shown that governments do not always watch out for their people.

I respect those who do not wish to own guns themselves, but I want to keep mine (well my husband's) just where they are.

My reason is because I'm all for the taking of rights by the government.


Care to expand on that? :crazy:

I was actually talking about this to a friend via AIM the day before I commented in this thread, so here's the transcript because I'd rather not sound pretentious by formulating an argument:

tsukinofairy (4:17:26 AM): why?
RedstarAnims (4:17:37 AM): People only ever want more
RedstarAnims (4:17:43 AM): They don't appreciate what they have
RedstarAnims (4:17:48 AM): Make them fight for it
RedstarAnims (4:17:53 AM): Revolution ever hundred years
RedstarAnims (4:17:57 AM): every*
RedstarAnims (4:18:27 AM): We're already getting a pretty stagnant society
RedstarAnims (4:18:42 AM): Internet is closing down borders, uniting countries socially, if not politically
RedstarAnims (4:18:55 AM): A little harder to go to war with China when you're WoW buddies with people over there
RedstarAnims (4:19:54 AM): Humans thrive off adversity and better themselves because of it. Peace breeds sloth and indifference. Apathy is killing us all.
RedstarAnims (4:20:13 AM): 50 years ago a black president would have been assassinated, followed by peace marches and revolution leading to social change.
RedstarAnims (4:20:24 AM): Now the KKK wont get off their fat drunk asses to do anything about it
RedstarAnims (4:20:37 AM): We think we've won, but really no one cares about anything anymore
tsukinofairy (4:20:42 AM): is that why you go on about me being apathetic about things?
tsukinofairy (4:20:47 AM): well not "go on" ..
RedstarAnims (4:22:10 AM): I think war, starvation, death, rape... All of that is beautiful, because it helps foster art and makes us appreciate what we do have. We're losing what makes us human, not because we're fighting for it, but because we simply don't care enough to make the changes... "Should I go to war? Nah... I don't care what they do over there." Peace through apathy breeds stagnation.
tsukinofairy (4:23:03 AM): well i do see your point



Are you a teenager? Seriously, no offense meant, but you sound just like me in junior high. Joy from shock value statements kinda thing.
Image

User avatar
GamePlayer
70mm God
Posts: 2993
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Gun Control

Postby GamePlayer » 26 Jul 2009 22:37

SandChigger wrote::lol: I wonder if that would fit into a Tweet.... :think:

(We may as well throw in the towel when we start talking about citizens not having a right to live in the country, simply because we don't like their political views, lifestyles, etc, etc, bad music, or silly names. :Adolf: )


Definitely worth a try :)

As for diversity, yeah, that's kinda the whole point of a "free" society. Course, since we've dropped nearly all attempts at a free society (sans pretense), might as well start culling the herd :)

SadisticCynic wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:Hey, bitchy brits and yokel yanks, don't interrupt me when bashing KJA! :lol:

Here's one more for ya, SadisticCynic :)

*sung to the tune of American Psycho by Treble Charger*

"And now I know how far you'd go
To be the next cash flow
Oh, Anderson’s a psycho
Champ of mediocrity
Respected author wannabe,
Destined for obscurity"


:laughing:


Ha, nice. :) Had to listen to the song first though, unfortunately I had heard Green Day before.


Yeah, that's why I provided the link. Treble Charger were little more than one hit wonders, so a refresher would be in order. The tune is so much fun it's stuck with me for all these years :)
I actually like Green Day. Not a huge fan, but "Dookie" was a fun album. Of course, "American Idiot" was their "Californication" so to speak, a good band that had been around for years, but put out an album that blasted them into super stardom. Kinda weird how some bands work like that.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18163
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby Freakzilla » 27 Jul 2009 07:56

SandChigger wrote:Who decides who deserves and who doesn't?


It's not something which needs to be decided, it's just an opinion.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Redstar
Posts: 1184
Joined: 25 Feb 2009 04:13

Re: Gun Control

Postby Redstar » 27 Jul 2009 09:33

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Redstar wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Redstar wrote:
Eyes High wrote:
Redstar wrote:Haven't read the thread through and through, but I support taking guns from everyone but the government.


Then in this my dear friend we shall have to agree to disagree. I think that would be a HUGE mistake. The people should have a right to defend themselves. And history has shown that governments do not always watch out for their people.

I respect those who do not wish to own guns themselves, but I want to keep mine (well my husband's) just where they are.

My reason is because I'm all for the taking of rights by the government.


Care to expand on that? :crazy:

I was actually talking about this to a friend via AIM the day before I commented in this thread, so here's the transcript because I'd rather not sound pretentious by formulating an argument:

tsukinofairy (4:17:26 AM): why?
RedstarAnims (4:17:37 AM): People only ever want more
RedstarAnims (4:17:43 AM): They don't appreciate what they have
RedstarAnims (4:17:48 AM): Make them fight for it
RedstarAnims (4:17:53 AM): Revolution ever hundred years
RedstarAnims (4:17:57 AM): every*
RedstarAnims (4:18:27 AM): We're already getting a pretty stagnant society
RedstarAnims (4:18:42 AM): Internet is closing down borders, uniting countries socially, if not politically
RedstarAnims (4:18:55 AM): A little harder to go to war with China when you're WoW buddies with people over there
RedstarAnims (4:19:54 AM): Humans thrive off adversity and better themselves because of it. Peace breeds sloth and indifference. Apathy is killing us all.
RedstarAnims (4:20:13 AM): 50 years ago a black president would have been assassinated, followed by peace marches and revolution leading to social change.
RedstarAnims (4:20:24 AM): Now the KKK wont get off their fat drunk asses to do anything about it
RedstarAnims (4:20:37 AM): We think we've won, but really no one cares about anything anymore
tsukinofairy (4:20:42 AM): is that why you go on about me being apathetic about things?
tsukinofairy (4:20:47 AM): well not "go on" ..
RedstarAnims (4:22:10 AM): I think war, starvation, death, rape... All of that is beautiful, because it helps foster art and makes us appreciate what we do have. We're losing what makes us human, not because we're fighting for it, but because we simply don't care enough to make the changes... "Should I go to war? Nah... I don't care what they do over there." Peace through apathy breeds stagnation.
tsukinofairy (4:23:03 AM): well i do see your point



Are you a teenager? Seriously, no offense meant, but you sound just like me in junior high. Joy from shock value statements kinda thing.

I've been taking guesses on that for awhile now. Feel free to cast your vote.

(Here's a hint: I'm currently taking the rather sparse Pokemon mythos and translating it into an Egyptian/Judeo-Christian equivalent, with Mew, Ho-Oh, and Mewtwo forming a trinity of Mother, Father, and Child and Unown as the "Word"... But do not be deceived! I'm using the "trinity" theme not on that of the Christian model, but on the common misbelief that there is a similar concept in the Egyptian pantheon)

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: Gun Control

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 27 Jul 2009 11:10

Redstar wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Redstar wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Redstar wrote:
Eyes High wrote:
Redstar wrote:Haven't read the thread through and through, but I support taking guns from everyone but the government.


Then in this my dear friend we shall have to agree to disagree. I think that would be a HUGE mistake. The people should have a right to defend themselves. And history has shown that governments do not always watch out for their people.

I respect those who do not wish to own guns themselves, but I want to keep mine (well my husband's) just where they are.

My reason is because I'm all for the taking of rights by the government.


Care to expand on that? :crazy:

I was actually talking about this to a friend via AIM the day before I commented in this thread, so here's the transcript because I'd rather not sound pretentious by formulating an argument:

tsukinofairy (4:17:26 AM): why?
RedstarAnims (4:17:37 AM): People only ever want more
RedstarAnims (4:17:43 AM): They don't appreciate what they have
RedstarAnims (4:17:48 AM): Make them fight for it
RedstarAnims (4:17:53 AM): Revolution ever hundred years
RedstarAnims (4:17:57 AM): every*
RedstarAnims (4:18:27 AM): We're already getting a pretty stagnant society
RedstarAnims (4:18:42 AM): Internet is closing down borders, uniting countries socially, if not politically
RedstarAnims (4:18:55 AM): A little harder to go to war with China when you're WoW buddies with people over there
RedstarAnims (4:19:54 AM): Humans thrive off adversity and better themselves because of it. Peace breeds sloth and indifference. Apathy is killing us all.
RedstarAnims (4:20:13 AM): 50 years ago a black president would have been assassinated, followed by peace marches and revolution leading to social change.
RedstarAnims (4:20:24 AM): Now the KKK wont get off their fat drunk asses to do anything about it
RedstarAnims (4:20:37 AM): We think we've won, but really no one cares about anything anymore
tsukinofairy (4:20:42 AM): is that why you go on about me being apathetic about things?
tsukinofairy (4:20:47 AM): well not "go on" ..
RedstarAnims (4:22:10 AM): I think war, starvation, death, rape... All of that is beautiful, because it helps foster art and makes us appreciate what we do have. We're losing what makes us human, not because we're fighting for it, but because we simply don't care enough to make the changes... "Should I go to war? Nah... I don't care what they do over there." Peace through apathy breeds stagnation.
tsukinofairy (4:23:03 AM): well i do see your point



Are you a teenager? Seriously, no offense meant, but you sound just like me in junior high. Joy from shock value statements kinda thing.

I've been taking guesses on that for awhile now. Feel free to cast your vote.

(Here's a hint: I'm currently taking the rather sparse Pokemon mythos and translating it into an Egyptian/Judeo-Christian equivalent, with Mew, Ho-Oh, and Mewtwo forming a trinity of Mother, Father, and Child and Unown as the "Word"... But do not be deceived! I'm using the "trinity" theme not on that of the Christian model, but on the common misbelief that there is a similar concept in the Egyptian pantheon)


I'll PM you.
Image

User avatar
Hunchback Jack
Posts: 1982
Joined: 30 May 2008 15:02
Location: California, USA

Re: Gun Control

Postby Hunchback Jack » 17 Aug 2009 23:06

Freakzilla wrote:Having a right to something is not the same as deserving it.


Well, maybe I'm quibbling about semantics, but I'd have thought that if something is a right, you dont *need* to deserve it.

If you have to earn it, it's a privilege.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6630
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby Omphalos » 17 Aug 2009 23:25

Freakzilla wrote:Having a right to something is not the same as deserving it.


Unless its a fundamental right. Then everyone deserves it.

User avatar
Leto
Posts: 78
Joined: 29 Mar 2008 12:54
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Re: Gun Control

Postby Leto » 18 Aug 2009 07:16

Hunchback Jack wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Having a right to something is not the same as deserving it.


If you have to earn it, it's a privilege.


A privilege is somehting you born with.
If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets
Gurney Halleck
Image
Image
KJA ? Keep Just Away?
Filo

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: Gun Control

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 18 Aug 2009 11:01

Holy semantics batman.
Image


Return to “˱”