• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Gun Control

    Image
      Abandon all sanity, ye who enter here!

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby GamePlayer » 12 Jul 2009 22:10

    I love gun control. It gives an already power hungry government one more arm of right-abusing legislation over the populace, keeps guns in the hands of criminals and makes blowhard politicians looks like they're doing something for the weepy-eyed voters while another $250 million gets wasted on sponsorship scandals. Viva la bureaucracy! :lol: :P
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Freakzilla » 18 Jul 2009 09:23

    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18074
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Eyes High » 18 Jul 2009 14:40

    He's not afraid to give his opinion is he? :mrgreen:
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    User avatar
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified
     
    Posts: 2320
    Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
    Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Omphalos » 18 Jul 2009 21:02

    Would anyone like a youtube embed function on this board? Let me know if that's wanted and Ill add it.
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6584
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby GamePlayer » 18 Jul 2009 21:53

    Sure, I'd love to see that feature.
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Eyes High » 18 Jul 2009 22:50

    couldn't hurt could it? :think:
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    User avatar
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified
     
    Posts: 2320
    Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
    Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Freakzilla » 19 Jul 2009 09:37

    Go for it!
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18074
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Redstar » 21 Jul 2009 06:15

    Haven't read the thread through and through, but I support taking guns from everyone but the government.
    User avatar
    Redstar
     
    Posts: 1184
    Joined: 25 Feb 2009 04:13

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Eyes High » 21 Jul 2009 10:04

    Redstar wrote:Haven't read the thread through and through, but I support taking guns from everyone but the government.


    Then in this my dear friend we shall have to agree to disagree. I think that would be a HUGE mistake. The people should have a right to defend themselves. And history has shown that governments do not always watch out for their people.

    I respect those who do not wish to own guns themselves, but I want to keep mine (well my husband's) just where they are.

    This is his newest one. Traded his black powder rifle for it.
    Image
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    User avatar
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified
     
    Posts: 2320
    Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
    Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Rakis » 21 Jul 2009 10:20

    Nice rifle, Eyes ! (somehow, this sounds odd...)... :)
    Image
    User avatar
    Rakis
     
    Posts: 1583
    Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby GamePlayer » 21 Jul 2009 10:58

    I don't care what issue it is, the government should always have the least power possible.
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 21 Jul 2009 11:46

    Seriously, if I can make a post in this thread that isn't sarcastic - I do support people owning rifles. (Which is what people would use to fight the gov if they needed to anyways.) I would prefer if we slowly phased out handguns, but I'm not about to raise a stink about it. I have much bigger fish to fry than trying to slow people down slightly when they're trying to murder someone.

    Now SWORDS - I've got to git me one of those to carry around.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Eyes High » 21 Jul 2009 17:10

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:....

    Now SWORDS - I've got to git me one of those to carry around.


    We've got a few of those as well. :dance:

    And a Long Bow too (somewhere) :think:


    I did say I was a peacful person didn't I? :mrgreen:
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    User avatar
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified
     
    Posts: 2320
    Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
    Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 21 Jul 2009 18:24

    Eyes High wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:....

    Now SWORDS - I've got to git me one of those to carry around.


    We've got a few of those as well. :dance:

    And a Long Bow too (somewhere) :think:


    I did say I was a peacful person didn't I? :mrgreen:


    I've got a (short but 1/4" THICK) machete I picked up in Malaysia. That's about it, I don't even keep it sharp.

    I would like a katana though, but that's getting extremely expensive (especially with the lessons).
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Rakis » 21 Jul 2009 22:47

    Eyes High wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:....

    Now SWORDS - I've got to git me one of those to carry around.


    We've got a few of those as well. :dance:

    And a Long Bow too (somewhere) :think:


    I did say I was a peacful person didn't I? :mrgreen:


    You sure are, you're prepared for war ! :lol:
    Image
    User avatar
    Rakis
     
    Posts: 1583
    Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby SadisticCynic » 22 Jul 2009 10:18

    Eyes High wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:....

    Now SWORDS - I've got to git me one of those to carry around.


    We've got a few of those as well. :dance:

    And a Long Bow too (somewhere) :think:


    I did say I was a peacful person didn't I? :mrgreen:


    I have a recurve bow, longbow doesn't really appeal to me, but then neither do the bows with lots of bits and pieces and mp3 players glued on so I shoot barebow.

    Do you shoot at all (with the bow I mean)?

    :violence-bowandarrow:
    Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
    User avatar
    SadisticCynic
     
    Posts: 2004
    Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
    Location: In Time or in Space?

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 22 Jul 2009 11:55

    I've never hunted, but I always thought it would be cool to go bow hunting. Guns for hunting are just so much less elegant.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Eyes High » 22 Jul 2009 15:32

    SadisticCynic wrote:
    Eyes High wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:....

    Now SWORDS - I've got to git me one of those to carry around.


    We've got a few of those as well. :dance:

    And a Long Bow too (somewhere) :think:


    I did say I was a peacful person didn't I? :mrgreen:


    I have a recurve bow, longbow doesn't really appeal to me, but then neither do the bows with lots of bits and pieces and mp3 players glued on so I shoot barebow.

    Do you shoot at all (with the bow I mean)?

    :violence-bowandarrow:


    Not really. :oops: I have tried to shoot it but have trouble pulling it back far enough to get a decent distant. I can't even string it. :oops: :oops: I have to get my husband to string it. :shifty:

    He told each of the boys when they could string it they could shoot it. Two have them finally were strong enough to bend it where they could string it. They got a chuckle out of the fact that they could string it and Momma couldn't. :roll:
    Last edited by Eyes High on 22 Jul 2009 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    User avatar
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified
     
    Posts: 2320
    Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
    Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Redstar » 22 Jul 2009 21:07

    Eyes High wrote:
    Redstar wrote:Haven't read the thread through and through, but I support taking guns from everyone but the government.


    Then in this my dear friend we shall have to agree to disagree. I think that would be a HUGE mistake. The people should have a right to defend themselves. And history has shown that governments do not always watch out for their people.

    I respect those who do not wish to own guns themselves, but I want to keep mine (well my husband's) just where they are.

    My reason is because I'm all for the taking of rights by the government.
    User avatar
    Redstar
     
    Posts: 1184
    Joined: 25 Feb 2009 04:13

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Freakzilla » 22 Jul 2009 21:14

    Redstar wrote:
    Eyes High wrote:
    Redstar wrote:Haven't read the thread through and through, but I support taking guns from everyone but the government.


    Then in this my dear friend we shall have to agree to disagree. I think that would be a HUGE mistake. The people should have a right to defend themselves. And history has shown that governments do not always watch out for their people.

    I respect those who do not wish to own guns themselves, but I want to keep mine (well my husband's) just where they are.

    My reason is because I'm all for the taking of rights by the government.


    Care to expand on that? :crazy:
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18074
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby SandChigger » 22 Jul 2009 22:41

    Hang on while I make popcorn! :D
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby GamePlayer » 22 Jul 2009 23:47

    Redstar wrote:My reason is because I'm all for the taking of rights by the government.


    Good news; you're definitely living in the right era :lol:
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Redstar » 25 Jul 2009 02:01

    Freakzilla wrote:
    Redstar wrote:
    Eyes High wrote:
    Redstar wrote:Haven't read the thread through and through, but I support taking guns from everyone but the government.


    Then in this my dear friend we shall have to agree to disagree. I think that would be a HUGE mistake. The people should have a right to defend themselves. And history has shown that governments do not always watch out for their people.

    I respect those who do not wish to own guns themselves, but I want to keep mine (well my husband's) just where they are.

    My reason is because I'm all for the taking of rights by the government.


    Care to expand on that? :crazy:

    I was actually talking about this to a friend via AIM the day before I commented in this thread, so here's the transcript because I'd rather not sound pretentious by formulating an argument:

    tsukinofairy (4:17:26 AM): why?
    RedstarAnims (4:17:37 AM): People only ever want more
    RedstarAnims (4:17:43 AM): They don't appreciate what they have
    RedstarAnims (4:17:48 AM): Make them fight for it
    RedstarAnims (4:17:53 AM): Revolution ever hundred years
    RedstarAnims (4:17:57 AM): every*
    RedstarAnims (4:18:27 AM): We're already getting a pretty stagnant society
    RedstarAnims (4:18:42 AM): Internet is closing down borders, uniting countries socially, if not politically
    RedstarAnims (4:18:55 AM): A little harder to go to war with China when you're WoW buddies with people over there
    RedstarAnims (4:19:54 AM): Humans thrive off adversity and better themselves because of it. Peace breeds sloth and indifference. Apathy is killing us all.
    RedstarAnims (4:20:13 AM): 50 years ago a black president would have been assassinated, followed by peace marches and revolution leading to social change.
    RedstarAnims (4:20:24 AM): Now the KKK wont get off their fat drunk asses to do anything about it
    RedstarAnims (4:20:37 AM): We think we've won, but really no one cares about anything anymore
    tsukinofairy (4:20:42 AM): is that why you go on about me being apathetic about things?
    tsukinofairy (4:20:47 AM): well not "go on" ..
    RedstarAnims (4:22:10 AM): I think war, starvation, death, rape... All of that is beautiful, because it helps foster art and makes us appreciate what we do have. We're losing what makes us human, not because we're fighting for it, but because we simply don't care enough to make the changes... "Should I go to war? Nah... I don't care what they do over there." Peace through apathy breeds stagnation.
    tsukinofairy (4:23:03 AM): well i do see your point
    User avatar
    Redstar
     
    Posts: 1184
    Joined: 25 Feb 2009 04:13

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby SandChigger » 25 Jul 2009 02:19

    If the only way to keep ourselves "human" and to "foster art" and make us "appreciate what we ... have" is "war, starvation, death, rape", well, maybe it would be better if, as a species, we were to just quietly go extinct.

    Seriously.
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Gun Control

    Postby Redstar » 25 Jul 2009 02:42

    SandChigger wrote:If the only way to keep ourselves "human" and to "foster art" and make us "appreciate what we ... have" is "war, starvation, death, rape", well, maybe it would be better if, as a species, we were to just quietly go extinct.

    Seriously.

    If that's what it takes... Might make the ultimate "statement" to our studiers.
    User avatar
    Redstar
     
    Posts: 1184
    Joined: 25 Feb 2009 04:13

    PreviousNext

    Return to ˱

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

    cron