Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Image
    Abandon all sanity, ye who enter here!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

User avatar
Eyes High
Patience Personified
Posts: 2321
Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby Eyes High » 17 Apr 2009 18:26

Hey I just like the joke I heard there. i thought it was funny.

I do believe that some of those people who are claiming to be grassroots, wouldn't know jack about the roots of the American people.

I can't stand Nancy P. I think she is a bag of hot air, just like some of the Republican politicians I've heard and read about.

I do believe a majority of the politicians have forgotten the working family in America and cow-tail to special interest groups. And that goes for ALL parties, rather they claim to be grassroots or new age. No one party is perfect. But I am thankful that I live in a country where we the people can hold protests like these to voice our discontentment with the way our government is run by those duely elected to represent the people.

I am a registered Republican but I don't vote a straight ticket. I vote for the individual not the party. It is the individual who is suppose to represent everyone. I have voted for Dems as well as Reps and Independents. But I can appreciate a funny little zing when I see one, no matter at whom it is directed. Even when I am the targaret of said funny.

What SR wrote was funny to me. I'm not saying if I agree or disagree with his POV. I think his little joke was a good one.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.

User avatar
Mandy
Cat Herder
Posts: 1700
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 20:18
Contact:

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby Mandy » 17 Apr 2009 19:00

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Mandy wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:Yeah, it is polarized!

I know there are a few academics that are predicting the split up of the Uniion down the dixie line. I really hope it does not come to that.


Does that mean we can finally kick the Yankees out of Florida? :P


There are non-Yankees left? (present company excepted, of course).


Hey, those snowbirds are probably a large percentage of Florida's income!


There are a lot of non Yankees left, you just never hear about us because we're outnumbered. The snowbirds are crowding us out, one crappy motor home park at a time. Thank jebus they stopped moving in at a rate of 1000 a day, we're running out of water.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.

User avatar
SandRider
Watermaster
Posts: 6163
Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
Location: In the back of your mind. Always.
Contact:

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby SandRider » 17 Apr 2009 19:16

Freakzilla wrote:
Eyes High wrote:
SandRider wrote:grassroots ?

astroturf ....



:clap: Liked that one


Has Princess Pelosi sold her private jet yet? Didn't think so.



... he said, appropo of nothing .... :roll:

a "grassroots" movement is not planted months earlier
by right-wing wackos on low-watt AM radio stations
(and FOX noNews)

:violence-duel:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008

User avatar
SwordMaster
Freakbanned
Posts: 781
Joined: 24 Feb 2009 20:35
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby SwordMaster » 17 Apr 2009 19:22

SandRider wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Eyes High wrote:
SandRider wrote:grassroots ?

astroturf ....



:clap: Liked that one


Has Princess Pelosi sold her private jet yet? Didn't think so.



... he said, appropo of nothing .... :roll:

a "grassroots" movement is not planted months earlier
by right-wing wackos on low-watt AM radio stations
(and FOX noNews)

:violence-duel:


QFT
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18151
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby Freakzilla » 19 Apr 2009 20:31

City, State, % of People Below the Poverty Level

1. Detroit , MI 32.5%
2. Buffalo , NY 29.9%
3. Cincinnati , OH 27.8%
4. Cleveland , OH 27.0%
5. Miami , FL 26.9%
6. St. Louis , MO 26.8%
7. El Paso , TX 26.4%
8. Milwaukee , WI 26.2%
9. Philadelphia , PA 25.1%
10. Newark , NJ 24.2%

U.S. Census Bureau, 2006 American Community Survey, August 2007

What do the top ten cities (over 250,000) with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati , OH (3rd)...since 1984;

Cleveland , OH (4th)...since 1989;

Miami , FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;

St. Louis , MO (6th)....since 1949;

El Paso , TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;

Milwaukee , WI (8th)...since 1908;

Philadelphia , PA (9th)...since 1952;

Newark , NJ (10th)...since 1907.


Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

It is the poor who habitually elect Democrats---yet they are still POOR!
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Schu
Posts: 756
Joined: 18 Dec 2008 00:51
Location: Adelaide, Aussie
Contact:

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby Schu » 19 Apr 2009 20:41

Freakzilla wrote:City, State, % of People Below the Poverty Level

1. Detroit , MI 32.5%
2. Buffalo , NY 29.9%
3. Cincinnati , OH 27.8%
4. Cleveland , OH 27.0%
5. Miami , FL 26.9%
6. St. Louis , MO 26.8%
7. El Paso , TX 26.4%
8. Milwaukee , WI 26.2%
9. Philadelphia , PA 25.1%
10. Newark , NJ 24.2%

U.S. Census Bureau, 2006 American Community Survey, August 2007

What do the top ten cities (over 250,000) with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati , OH (3rd)...since 1984;

Cleveland , OH (4th)...since 1989;

Miami , FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;

St. Louis , MO (6th)....since 1949;

El Paso , TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;

Milwaukee , WI (8th)...since 1908;

Philadelphia , PA (9th)...since 1952;

Newark , NJ (10th)...since 1907.


Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

It is the poor who habitually elect Democrats---yet they are still POOR!


Oh come on Freakzilla, surely you can do better than that.

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18151
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby Freakzilla » 19 Apr 2009 21:30

Better than what? Numbers?

Look, I'm not saying either party is right, their both fucked up in their own special way.

Things do need to change but I don't think marxism is the right direction.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 19 Apr 2009 22:56

Baraka Bryan wrote:the problem is the poor will continue to vote for marxists because they promise equality of result, but it's an impossible task to pull off.


I don't think there are many marxist's to vote for, but sure, that is who the poor vote for all the time. :wink:
Image

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 20 Apr 2009 00:45

Baraka Bryan wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:the problem is the poor will continue to vote for marxists because they promise equality of result, but it's an impossible task to pull off.


I don't think there are many marxist's to vote for, but sure, that is who the poor vote for all the time. :wink:



oh i meant NDP :P


Oh I know :wink:
Image

User avatar
Phaedrus
Posts: 551
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 04:35

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby Phaedrus » 20 Apr 2009 04:34

Actually, a lot of poor people vote Republican, even though the Republicans hate poor people. It's a very confusing problem. I blame propaganda, Fox News, and the shitty education system in the U.S. that's all too influenced by political and corporate interests.

Oddly, I find the cliche that college professors are extremely liberal very untrue. This could be because I attend school in the South, but my professors have been telling me all about the pitfalls of Communism and praising capitalism like its their job. I don't understand...everyone has everything backwards, it seems.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

User avatar
Schu
Posts: 756
Joined: 18 Dec 2008 00:51
Location: Adelaide, Aussie
Contact:

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Postby Schu » 20 Apr 2009 04:44

Freakzilla wrote:I don't think marxism is the right direction.


Well at least we both agree on that. I don't know how many people have actually tried that in America though, whether in those parts or otherwise.


Return to “˱”