Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Anti-Obama 'tea party' protests mark US tax day

Post by Freakzilla »

BTW, there were 20,000+ at the Atlanta rally.

I've heard reports that Obama claims to have been unaware of the whole TEA party movement.

He's either a liar or living in a bubble, either way it's wrong.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I hate it when they say "no taxation without representation" so, I guess if we have a democratic president, republicans shouldn't have to pay taxes, and if we have a republican president, democrats don't have to. If so, I want all of my money back from when Bush was in Office. I have a republican representing me in the Senate, do I still have to pay taxes to pay his salary? I didn't vote for him and he doesn't share most of my views.

I think we should give these retards their system, let them watch it fall apart. What will happen to their movement when they have no one left to blame but themselves? I can't wait for the so-called "fair-tax" revolt, that system is a complete joke: it strangles financial mobility, increases taxes and makes it easier to raise them higher, and it creates as many loopholes as it fixes.

BTW, if those tea-bags are getting dumped in the river...where's the cops to arrest/fine those people for littering?

Tea-bagger's lost the vote and can't handle it. :violin: Now they know how we felt under Bush, and Regan, etc etc. So Tyranny now equals democracy and they redefine democracy to mean "I and all the people who agree with me win"

BTW I read Levin's book. Is that seriously how conservatives see liberals? Thats fucking scary. Its amazing how he can sit there and talk about equality and liberty for all and then underline it with (American, Heterosexual, Anti-abortion, Christian) "Some people are more equal than others", eh Mark?
Also his "Stateists" are more like Nazis, not liberals. I do have to thank him though, his books sells like hot-cakes, so in a way I'm making money off his labor. (or is it my own for working at that store?) Thanks Mark.

Personally, I think Obama should resign, and hand the keys to McCain. The tea-baggers want their revolution, let them sink the ship. Its funny watching them on TV bitching like a super-rich sweet-sixteen party queen when her cake is the wrong color. 90% of them don't even know wtf they are talking about. It's hilarious seeing some of them talking about liberals wanting to "repeal" the Declaration of Independence. We declared we wanted to be part of the UK again?

The danger of this is that the conservative movement is claiming to defend democracy while wanting to suspend it. Where are the level-headed Republicans and conservatives? I don't agree with everything that Obama does, but i don't see him as the "grab your pitchfork" type. This revolution will solve nothing, its merely a tactic by the pundit powers-that be to keep their mindless wacko's happy.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I only heard about the "tea parties" last night on The Daily Show. I don't watch cable news.

Do you think that many people would have showed up if FOX News hadn't sponsored the rallies? I think a lot of people will do almost anything for a chance to get on TV.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The Fair Tax would probably hurt me since under the system we have now, I get more money back than what I pay.

But I'm still for it because that is wrong.

Why are liberals getting so excited about conservatives exercising their right to peacefull assembly?

How did you feel under Bush and Reagan, that they were spending your children's future? That's how we feel.

I don't see this as a partisan issue.

I think all of us need to hold Congress accountable for the way they are spending money we haven't earned yet.

The Top 50% pay 96.54% of All Income Taxes
(The top 1% pay more than a third: 34.27%)

This is the data for calendar year 2003 just released in October 2005 by the Internal Revenue Service. The share of total income taxes paid by the top 1% of wage earners rose to 34.27% from 33.71% in 2002. Their income share (not just wages) rose from 16.12% to 16.77%. However, their average tax rate actually dropped from 27.25% down to 24.31%

Think of it this way: less than 3-1/2 dollars out of every $100 paid in income taxes in the United States is paid by someone in the bottom 50% of wage earners. Are the top half millionaires? Noooo, more like "thousandaires." The top 50% were those individuals or couples filing jointly who earned $29,019 and up in 2003. (The top 1% earned $295,495-plus.) Americans who want to are continuing to improve their lives, and those who don't want to, aren't. Here are the wage earners in each category and the percentages they pay:
The top 1% pay over a third, 34.27% of all income taxes. (Up from 2003: 33.71%) The top 5% pay 54.36% of all income taxes (Up from 2002: 53.80%). The top 10% pay 65.84% (Up from 2002: 65.73%). The top 25% pay 83.88% (Down from 2002: 83.90%). The top 50% pay 96.54% (Up from 2002: 96.50%). The bottom 50%? They pay a paltry 3.46% of all income taxes (Down from 2002: 3.50%). The top 1% is paying nearly ten times the federal income taxes than the bottom 50%! And who earns what? The top 1% earns 16.77% of all income (2002: 16.12%). The top 5% earns 31.18% of all the income (2002: 30.55%). The top 10% earns 42.36% of all the income (2002: 41.77%); the top 25% earns 64.86% of all the income (2002: 64.37%) , and the top 50% earns 86.01% (2002: 85.77%) of all the income.

We need to stop punishing success. These are the people that create jobs.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I don't know anyone who got excited about the tea parties. The paper didn't even say much about it.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Mandy wrote:I don't know anyone who got excited about the tea parties.
Did you read Amp's post?

I saw a CNN reporter say this wasn't family viewing!
The paper didn't even say much about it.
Which liberal rag do you mean? :P

I think 20,000+ people protesting at the state capitol is newsworthy, it was here.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Freakzilla wrote:BTW, there were 20,000+ at the Atlanta rally.

I've heard reports that Obama claims to have been unaware of the whole TEA party movement.

He's either a liar or living in a bubble, either way it's wrong.
Why because he does not watch or care about FOX(FAUX) news? FOX news made this whole thing happen, they told people to go to grass roots tea partys even though they were the ones behind them in the first place. A classic example of them making up news instead of reporting news. I also hope he did not have to find out about that ass hole muther fucker who said the USA should "Invade" Canada, but the funny thing is, he DID know about THAT, because it was an embaresment to all Americans and still is in Canada.

Im glad he nothing of a bullshit movement started by Sean Hanity and Glen Beck. Fucking idiots cant even get their history right. Tea Bags?!?!?! The people of the original Boston tea party are turing in their graves! And you wonder why the terrorists hate all of us? Its this kind of shit.

Revolution? I thought talk of bullshit like that was treason in America? I hope Glen Beck is charged with treason in Utah so he can be killed by a firing squad. I would pay good money to see it!
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
trang

Post by trang »

I think income tax is a small portion of the tax picture. Property taxes, Sales taxes, utility taxes.. I consider fees under this guise as well License fees, application fees, etc.

It isnt republican or democrat...its the American Public as a whole's problem. If you make more money, by that very nature you are going to aquire more, and thru the proces pay more taxes. Its not focused on retarding success, its focused on trying to make sure the taxes are spread across the masses as a whole. Does it work?? Hell know, it hasnt for years. Can we fix it? Yes we can (not obama's yes we can, bob the dam builder's yes we can!!!)

Peaceful Protest's and right to assembly is our right and more power to them.

When everyone is done screaming and shouting, how about WE THE PEOPLE, audit ourselves and see how much OUR government is wasting in inefficieny and bloat. How about WE take a meticulous look at those representatives WE voted in, and correct those mistakes. I think WE might surprise ourselves.

I dont know about you, but a trillion dollars is an elephants ass load of money. British terms.. 1000 BILLION FRAKKING DOLLARS!!!! Ill say that again 1000 BILLION FRAKING DOLLARS!!!!

For perspective, BILL GATES, WARREN BUFFET, IBM, and that telcom Monopolist guy in Mexico together are less than 250 BILLION.

Bill Gates has a foundation funded by 34 billion in assets to help world problems. ( he is a roberbaron asshole who beguiled the consumers of america and abroad to by his lemon software crap, at least he could do is help his own country first, bastard)(Im not against the rich, I dont like them, but succed if you can, but dont do it by robbing people. If you provide a good, safe, usable, product that people need or can help, do it, otherwise dont.)

Some estimated economic facts for ya, source, CIA fact book.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... os/us.html

GDP (purchasing power parity):
$14.29 trillion (2008 est.)
$14.11 trillion (2007)
$13.83 trillion (2006)

GDP (official exchange rate):
$14.33 trillion (2008 est.)
ASS LOAD OF MONEY!!! and

GDP - real growth rate:
1.3% (2008 est.)

GDP - per capita (PPP):
$47,000 (2008 est.)

GDP - composition by sector:
agriculture: 1.2%
industry: 19.6%
services: 79.2% (2008 est.)
Complete and utter BULLSHIT!!!

Labor force:
155.2 million (includes unemployed) (2008 est.)

Labor force - by occupation: percentage of labor dedicated to the bullshit above!!!
farming, forestry, and fishing 0.6%, manufacturing, extraction, transportation, and crafts 22.6%, managerial, professional, and technical 35.5%, sales and office 24.8%, other services 16.5%
note: figures exclude the unemployed (2007)

Unemployment rate:
7.2% (December 2008 est.)

Household income or consumption by percentage share:
lowest 10%: 2%
highest 10%: 30% (2007 est.)

Distribution of family income - Gini index:
45 (2007)

Investment (gross fixed):
14.6% of GDP (2008 est.)

Budget: this is ridiculous bloated over spending inefficient bullshit!! we should smack ourselves!!!
revenues: $2.524 trillion
expenditures: $2.979 trillion (2008 est.)

Public debt: This is fucking sad!!!
60.8% of GDP (2007 est.)

Inflation rate (consumer prices):
4.2% (2008 est.)

Heres the Econmic description of our Country:

Economy - overview:
The US has the largest and most technologically powerful economy in the world, with a per capita GDP of $48,000. In this market-oriented economy, private individuals and business firms make most of the decisions, and the federal and state governments buy needed goods and services predominantly in the private marketplace. US business firms enjoy greater flexibility than their counterparts in Western Europe and Japan in decisions to expand capital plant, to lay off surplus workers, and to develop new products. At the same time, they face higher barriers to enter their rivals' home markets than foreign firms face entering US markets.

US firms are at or near the forefront in technological advances, especially in computers and in medical, aerospace, and military equipment; their advantage has narrowed since the end of World War II. The onrush of technology largely explains the gradual development of a "two-tier labor market" in which those at the bottom lack the education and the professional/technical skills of those at the top and, more and more, fail to get comparable pay raises, health insurance coverage, and other benefits. Since 1975, practically all the gains in household income have gone to the top 20% of households.

The war in March-April 2003 between a US-led coalition and Iraq, and the subsequent occupation of Iraq, required major shifts in national resources to the military. Hurricane Katrina caused extensive damage in the Gulf Coast region in August 2005, but had a small impact on overall GDP growth for the year. Soaring oil prices between 2005 and the first half of 2008 threatened inflation and unemployment, as higher gasoline prices ate into consumers' budgets. Imported oil accounts for about two-thirds of US consumption.

Long-term problems include inadequate investment in economic infrastructure, rapidly rising medical and pension costs of an aging population, sizable trade and budget deficits, and stagnation of family income in the lower economic groups. The merchandise trade deficit reached a record $847 billion in 2007, but declined to $810 billion in 2008, as a depreciating exchange rate for the dollar against most major currencies discouraged US imports and made US exports more competitive abroad.

The global economic downturn, the sub-prime mortgage crisis, investment bank failures, falling home prices, and tight credit pushed the United States into a recession by mid-2008. To help stabilize financial markets, the US Congress established a $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) in October 2008. The government used some of these funds to purchase equity in US banks and other industrial corporations. In January 2009 the US Congress passed and President Barack OBAMA signed a bill providing an additional $787 billion fiscal stimulus - two-thirds on additional spending and one-third on tax cuts - to create jobs and to help the economy recover.

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I didn't see anything about it on FOX News until after the event. But I don't watch cable news, it just happens to be on in the break room at work.

Still it's better than the rest of Obama's PR department... I mean TV news.
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Freakzilla wrote:
Mandy wrote:I don't know anyone who got excited about the tea parties.
Did you read Amp's post?

I saw a CNN reporter say this wasn't family viewing!
The paper didn't even say much about it.
Which liberal rag do you mean? :P

I think 20,000+ people protesting at the state capitol is newsworthy, it was here.
No, didn't read it. I think we posted at the same time, but now that I have read it.. :shock:

The Tampa Tribune has always been a conservative paper :wink: They even endorsed McCain. Maybe I missed the article, my eyes don't open all the way til I've had two cups of coffee.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

FOX made the tea partys up. Glen Beck with his 9 / 12 revolution started it up with Chuck Noris, I cant make shit up better then this. FOX said it was a nation wide grass roots movement but they started it! The partys were called "FNC TAX DAY TEA PARTYS"

bullshit

this is the spark of the revolution!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oumQl8neO6w
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Freakzilla wrote:I didn't see anything about it on FOX News until after the event. But I don't watch cable news, it just happens to be on in the break room at work.

Still it's better than the rest of Obama's PR department... I mean TV news.
Read this http://mediamatters.org/items/200904160022?f=h_top (I have no idea if Media Matters leans to the left or right, but the article is funny)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

What's it matter who started it, a million people showed up. I think that has meaning.

I can't believe I even know what a trillion is...

:doh:
~Pink Snowman
trang

Post by trang »

I believe and would vote for CHUCK NORRIS VS TAXES!! He would kick it's ass!!!

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

trang wrote:I believe and would vote for CHUCK NORRIS VS TAXES!! He would kick it's ass!!!

Trang
Taxes pay Chuck Norris.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The reporter I mentioned earlier... plus footage they didn't show on CNN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd2tg8gxCDU\

(Is footage even appropriate anymore?)
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I still prefer the other kind'a tea-baggin'.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Freakzilla wrote:The reporter I mentioned earlier... plus footage they didn't show on CNN:

That is really a bad clip for pro tea bag partys it shows a guy with a 2yr old yelling and swearing at a reporter! WIN FOR TEA BAGS!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SwordMaster wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:The reporter I mentioned earlier... plus footage they didn't show on CNN:

That is really a bad clip for pro tea bag partys it shows a guy with a 2yr old yelling and swearing at a reporter! WIN FOR TEA BAGS!
As I often say... half the people out there are below average intelligence. At least his heart is in the right place.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

I like that FZ. My question at this point is will you be a part of this revolution?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SwordMaster wrote:I like that FZ. My question at this point is will you be a part of this revolution?
"Well, gentlemen...if Georgia fights, I go with her. But like my father I hope that the Yankees let us leave the Union in peace."
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:I like that FZ. My question at this point is will you be a part of this revolution?
"Well, gentlemen...if Georgia fights, I go with her. But like my father I hope that the Yankees let us leave the Union in peace."
My family in Florida will be at your side then... But I really wish it wont come to that... again
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I hope not also. But this country seems so polarized and our government seems intent on piting us against each other.

Obama won by a 7% majority of those who voted, and not even half of those eligible voted, IIRC.

I don't think those people had any idea how radical he is.

I respect the office, but after the things he said in Europe I'm embarrassed to have him as my president.

I think hanging is too good for him.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well GOOD.

Now you know how a lot of us have felt for the last eight years.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Well GOOD.

Now you know how a lot of us have felt for the last eight years.
What do you care? Your children won't be around to inherit the debt.
~Pink Snowman