How Much Do You Hate Canada?

    Abandon all sanity, ye who enter here!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

How Much Do You Hate Canada?

With A Passion, I Wish Herpes On Them All
6
26%
I Don't Care
4
17%
It's Not That Bad Really, Apart From Red Deer
7
30%
It's Quite Nice Apart From Les Quebecois
6
26%
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
chanilover
Posts: 1639
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 08:29

How Much Do You Hate Canada?

Postby chanilover » 31 Mar 2009 14:31

I couldn't work out how to add it to the poll in the other thread, and as nearly every thread in here ends up being about Canada, I thought why not have its own poll?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Image
Image

User avatar
Schu
Posts: 756
Joined: 18 Dec 2008 00:51
Location: Adelaide, Aussie
Contact:

Postby Schu » 31 Mar 2009 14:32

I hate canada this much!

*spreads arms out wide*

User avatar
chanilover
Posts: 1639
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 08:29

Postby chanilover » 31 Mar 2009 14:34

Something's gong wrong with the poll, there should be an option for I Like It. Seems even the boardware hates Canada! :lol:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Image
Image

User avatar
Rakis
Posts: 1583
Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

Postby Rakis » 31 Mar 2009 14:36

chanilover wrote:Something's gong wrong with the poll, there should be an option for I Like It. Seems even the boardware hates Canada! :lol:


:lol: :lol:

Thanks for the poll CL ! :P

I was gonna choose that herpes option, but i voted the one about Red Deer...feels good... :)

User avatar
chanilover
Posts: 1639
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 08:29

Postby chanilover » 31 Mar 2009 14:38

There should have been another option saying It's Quite Nice Apart From Les Quebecois, but it's vanished. :evil:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Image
Image

User avatar
chanilover
Posts: 1639
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 08:29

Postby chanilover » 31 Mar 2009 14:39

Baraka Bryan wrote:
chanilover wrote:Something's gong wrong with the poll, there should be an option for I Like It. Seems even the boardware hates Canada! :lol:


i've done that before... you have to press add option for the last one you type in as well... thta's what adds the option to the poll, rather than adding another option after the current one..


Oh well, too late now. :lol:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Image
Image

User avatar
GamePlayer
70mm God
Posts: 2993
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby GamePlayer » 31 Mar 2009 14:41

My capacity to hate Canada has no boundary! :)

There is an idea of a Canada.
Some kind of abstraction, but there is no real country.
Only an entity-- something illusory.
And though it can hide it's cold gaze...
and you can trod upon its soil and feel ground beneath your feet...
and maybe you can even sense the life styles of its people are probably comparable,
It's simply not there.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."

User avatar
Rakis
Posts: 1583
Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

Postby Rakis » 31 Mar 2009 14:42

chanilover wrote:There should have been another option saying It's Quite Nice Apart From Les Quebecois, but it's vanished. :evil:


It wasn't me... :(

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6662
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 31 Mar 2009 15:02

You guys know my opinion. Canada is cool, like it's America's Attic. You forget that its up there in your everyday life, then all of a sudden something reminds you and you run up there, only to discover all kinds of cool shit you forgot about.

Red Deer though...a blight on the ass of Canada.

CL, Ill edit your poll. When you add an additional row past the ones that are there as a default, you have to enter the text, then press the "Add Option" button to the right, then submit the message.

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 31 Mar 2009 15:31

Down with Red Deer.




I can't believe Red Deer has become internationally known on this board... most people in Canada don't even know where it is.
Image

User avatar
Eyes High
Patience Personified
Posts: 2321
Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

Postby Eyes High » 31 Mar 2009 15:33

Canada is fine by me. Never been there but wouldn't mind a visit. Don't think I would like to live there. I don't like the cold that much. :wink:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 31 Mar 2009 15:34

Eyes High wrote:Canada is fine by me. Never been there but wouldn't mind a visit. Don't think I would like to live there. I don't like the cold that much. :wink:


Some places are warm all year... but yes. Most are cold. Very cold.
Image

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6662
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 31 Mar 2009 16:06

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Eyes High wrote:Canada is fine by me. Never been there but wouldn't mind a visit. Don't think I would like to live there. I don't like the cold that much. :wink:


Some places are warm all year... but yes. Most are cold. Very cold.


Just give it a few years. the US will be a desert and crops will be growing up on Ellesmere Island.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14491
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 31 Mar 2009 17:02

Canadia?

Been to Toronto and landed on the tarmac in Montreal once on the way to London.

Lovely place, can't say enough about it!

:roll:

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6662
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 31 Mar 2009 17:17

I love Montreal. I could live there. And there are enough Filipinos in Toronto that my wife would be happy there.

User avatar
SwordMaster
Freakbanned
Posts: 781
Joined: 24 Feb 2009 20:35
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby SwordMaster » 31 Mar 2009 18:49

Omphalos wrote:I love Montreal. I could live there. And there are enough Filipinos in Toronto that my wife would be happy there.


I LOLed that.

The poll is funny because the like it choice also hates the frogies. Thats funny. We only hate the froggies that try to brake away from our great nation. Federalist frogs are OK.

The poll is a classic example of how people like to make fun of what they love most. We thank you for your kind praise.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14491
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 31 Mar 2009 20:23

Well, the only problem with Canadia that I could see while I was there is the way the place is crawling with Canadians.

Other than that, it was great. :P


(Seriously, while in Toronto, my friends and I walked around the university one afternoon and we passed some medical building that had a sign in the lawn out front saying something like eight out of ten Canadians suffer from some sort of mental problem. We thought it was a joke, but it didn't look like the sign had been tampered with.... :shock: )

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18185
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 31 Mar 2009 20:40

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Well, the only problem with Canadia that I could see while I was there is the way the place is crawling with Canadians.

Other than that, it was great. :P


(Seriously, while in Toronto, my friends and I walked around the university one afternoon and we passed some medical building that had a sign in the lawn out front saying something like eight out of ten Canadians suffer from some sort of mental problem. We thought it was a joke, but it didn't look like the sign had been tampered with.... :shock: )



i think i remember the actual stat is 1 in 4 IIRC :P


I think that's people in general, and half of those are stupid, too.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Drunken Idaho
Posts: 1197
Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Drunken Idaho » 01 Apr 2009 12:13

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Well, the only problem with Canadia that I could see while I was there is the way the place is crawling with Canadians.

Other than that, it was great. :P


(Seriously, while in Toronto, my friends and I walked around the university one afternoon and we passed some medical building that had a sign in the lawn out front saying something like eight out of ten Canadians suffer from some sort of mental problem. We thought it was a joke, but it didn't look like the sign had been tampered with.... :shock: )



i think i remember the actual stat is 1 in 4 IIRC :P


No, no, you idiot. It's 2 out of 8. 2 out of 8 Canadians have a mental problem...
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18185
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 01 Apr 2009 12:46

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Well, the only problem with Canadia that I could see while I was there is the way the place is crawling with Canadians.

Other than that, it was great. :P


(Seriously, while in Toronto, my friends and I walked around the university one afternoon and we passed some medical building that had a sign in the lawn out front saying something like eight out of ten Canadians suffer from some sort of mental problem. We thought it was a joke, but it didn't look like the sign had been tampered with.... :shock: )



i think i remember the actual stat is 1 in 4 IIRC :P


No, no, you idiot. It's 2 out of 8. 2 out of 8 Canadians have a mental problem...


ohhh... i'm sorry i failed fractions in school :(


I think the 0.2 is to account for the mortality rate. :wink:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Drunken Idaho
Posts: 1197
Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Drunken Idaho » 01 Apr 2009 12:51

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Well, the only problem with Canadia that I could see while I was there is the way the place is crawling with Canadians.

Other than that, it was great. :P


(Seriously, while in Toronto, my friends and I walked around the university one afternoon and we passed some medical building that had a sign in the lawn out front saying something like eight out of ten Canadians suffer from some sort of mental problem. We thought it was a joke, but it didn't look like the sign had been tampered with.... :shock: )



i think i remember the actual stat is 1 in 4 IIRC :P


No, no, you idiot. It's 2 out of 8. 2 out of 8 Canadians have a mental problem...


ohhh... i'm sorry i failed fractions in school :(


Like most Canadian schoolchildren :P

Edit to add: that's not a .2

the point is just a period.



It was a joke.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18185
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 01 Apr 2009 13:13

D'oh! :oops:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Eyes High
Patience Personified
Posts: 2321
Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

Postby Eyes High » 01 Apr 2009 13:38

You sure is wasn't 3 out of 12?
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Postby TheDukester » 01 Apr 2009 14:42

There will be no hatred of Canada.

Canada gave us hockey. And Canadian bacon.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
Eyes High
Patience Personified
Posts: 2321
Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

Postby Eyes High » 01 Apr 2009 14:44

:cat fight: I need to learn how to put up some more smilies. You got me good. :lol:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.