Education reform

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Education reform

Post by SwordMaster »

Obama is at it again, can he improve the public education system?

your thoughts....

I say "Yes we can" as most of you already know, I am in 100% support of the new American President but Im not sure it will be enough, it is a very solid start. Lets "hope" it works!?!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politi ... reform.cnn

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/10/ ... index.html
Last edited by SwordMaster on 10 Mar 2009 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I must have left the house before hearing anything about this (Jeanie Most was doing deep fried tootsie rolls again on CNNj :vomit: ) ... what's he done or planning to do?
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

SandChigger wrote:I must have left the house before hearing anything about this (Jeanie Most was doing deep fried tootsie rolls again on CNNj :vomit: ) ... what's he done or planning to do?
Oh sorry dude, I should have probally posted that link eh...

I love that Jeanie Most segment on CNN btw.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politi ... reform.cnn

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/10/ ... index.html

'cradle to career'

I love it!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Thanks for the links; I'll have to try them later, tho, since the browsers I have available at the moment don't seem to like the CNN site ... or vice versa. :( )
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

I agree fully.

It's easy to say that focusing on education isn't prudent at this time, but I think right now it's important to enrich the minds of children. Too many students (especially in the States) get left behind in the system because their teachers give up on them. You hear about entire highschools in urban areas who have shockingly low acceptance rates into post-secondary education. Rewarding hard-working teachers seems like the logical thing to do. It might be convenient for some politicians to keep much of the population uneducated, but fortunately Obama recognizes that the next generation needs to be intelligent and educated. Humankind, to date, has accumulated an immense amount of knowledge. Why deny future problem-solvers the resources they will need to meet the challenges of the 21st century?

I have to say that despite the apparently dark situation the world is in, I've been more satisfied with the things leaders have been saying and doing these last few months, than I ever have in my life. It's extremely refreshing to have an intelligent person as the leader of the US. In Canada, we're always inevitably affected by the actions of any US President (mostly due to ass-kissing Prime Ministers) so that's why I care so much about American politics. There's something very encouraging in the fact that leaders are now talking about real and necessary changes that must be made, instead of treating the general population like a bunch of retarded children.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Drunken Idaho wrote:I agree fully.

It's easy to say that focusing on education isn't prudent at this time, but I think right now it's important to enrich the minds of children. Too many students (especially in the States) get left behind in the system because their teachers give up on them. You hear about entire highschools in urban areas who have shockingly low acceptance rates into post-secondary education. Rewarding hard-working teachers seems like the logical thing to do. It might be convenient for some politicians to keep much of the population uneducated, but fortunately Obama recognizes that the next generation needs to be intelligent and educated. Humankind, to date, has accumulated an immense amount of knowledge. Why deny future problem-solvers the resources they will need to meet the challenges of the 21st century?

I have to say that despite the apparently dark situation the world is in, I've been more satisfied with the things leaders have been saying and doing these last few months, than I ever have in my life. It's extremely refreshing to have an intelligent person as the leader of the US. In Canada, we're always inevitably affected by the actions of any US President (mostly due to ass-kissing Prime Ministers) so that's why I care so much about American politics. There's something very encouraging in the fact that leaders are now talking about real and necessary changes that must be made, instead of treating the general population like a bunch of retarded children.
Your my friend! co-sign!
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Hmm, I'd gladly consider co-signing if I knew what the heck that meant... :S
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Drunken Idaho wrote:Hmm, I'd gladly consider co-signing if I knew what the heck that meant... :S
Does your mentat mind take over when you post, thus forgetting the words you wrote?

Or just drinking and posting again?
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

SwordMaster wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:Hmm, I'd gladly consider co-signing if I knew what the heck that meant... :S
Does your mentat mind take over when you post, thus forgetting the words you wrote?

Haha, no I'm sober as hell today. I just have no idea what co-signing means in the context of a message board... :oops:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:

Haha, no I'm sober as hell today. I just have no idea what co-signing means in the context of a message board... :oops:
I think he means he would co-sign your post as if it were his own.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:

Yah thats what it means, I agree and support your post as if I wrote it myself, or maybe could not have said it better myself.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

SwordMaster wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:

Yah thats what it means, I agree and support your post as if I wrote it myself, or maybe could not have said it better myself.
Yay!