• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Education reform

    Image
      Abandon all sanity, ye who enter here!

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Education reform

    Postby SwordMaster » 10 Mar 2009 19:05

    Obama is at it again, can he improve the public education system?

    your thoughts....

    I say "Yes we can" as most of you already know, I am in 100% support of the new American President but Im not sure it will be enough, it is a very solid start. Lets "hope" it works!?!

    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politi ... reform.cnn

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/10/ ... index.html
    Last edited by SwordMaster on 10 Mar 2009 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
    I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
    User avatar
    SwordMaster
    Freakbanned
     
    Posts: 781
    Joined: 24 Feb 2009 20:35
    Location: Toronto

    Postby SandChigger » 10 Mar 2009 19:13

    I must have left the house before hearing anything about this (Jeanie Most was doing deep fried tootsie rolls again on CNNj :vomit: ) ... what's he done or planning to do?
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Postby SwordMaster » 10 Mar 2009 19:29

    SandChigger wrote:I must have left the house before hearing anything about this (Jeanie Most was doing deep fried tootsie rolls again on CNNj :vomit: ) ... what's he done or planning to do?


    Oh sorry dude, I should have probally posted that link eh...

    I love that Jeanie Most segment on CNN btw.

    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politi ... reform.cnn

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/10/ ... index.html

    'cradle to career'

    I love it!
    I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
    User avatar
    SwordMaster
    Freakbanned
     
    Posts: 781
    Joined: 24 Feb 2009 20:35
    Location: Toronto

    Postby SandChigger » 10 Mar 2009 20:33

    (Thanks for the links; I'll have to try them later, tho, since the browsers I have available at the moment don't seem to like the CNN site ... or vice versa. :( )
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Postby Drunken Idaho » 11 Mar 2009 09:14

    I agree fully.

    It's easy to say that focusing on education isn't prudent at this time, but I think right now it's important to enrich the minds of children. Too many students (especially in the States) get left behind in the system because their teachers give up on them. You hear about entire highschools in urban areas who have shockingly low acceptance rates into post-secondary education. Rewarding hard-working teachers seems like the logical thing to do. It might be convenient for some politicians to keep much of the population uneducated, but fortunately Obama recognizes that the next generation needs to be intelligent and educated. Humankind, to date, has accumulated an immense amount of knowledge. Why deny future problem-solvers the resources they will need to meet the challenges of the 21st century?

    I have to say that despite the apparently dark situation the world is in, I've been more satisfied with the things leaders have been saying and doing these last few months, than I ever have in my life. It's extremely refreshing to have an intelligent person as the leader of the US. In Canada, we're always inevitably affected by the actions of any US President (mostly due to ass-kissing Prime Ministers) so that's why I care so much about American politics. There's something very encouraging in the fact that leaders are now talking about real and necessary changes that must be made, instead of treating the general population like a bunch of retarded children.
    "The Idahos were never ordinary people."
    -Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
    User avatar
    Drunken Idaho
     
    Posts: 1197
    Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
    Location: Ontario, Canada

    Postby SwordMaster » 11 Mar 2009 11:11

    Drunken Idaho wrote:I agree fully.

    It's easy to say that focusing on education isn't prudent at this time, but I think right now it's important to enrich the minds of children. Too many students (especially in the States) get left behind in the system because their teachers give up on them. You hear about entire highschools in urban areas who have shockingly low acceptance rates into post-secondary education. Rewarding hard-working teachers seems like the logical thing to do. It might be convenient for some politicians to keep much of the population uneducated, but fortunately Obama recognizes that the next generation needs to be intelligent and educated. Humankind, to date, has accumulated an immense amount of knowledge. Why deny future problem-solvers the resources they will need to meet the challenges of the 21st century?

    I have to say that despite the apparently dark situation the world is in, I've been more satisfied with the things leaders have been saying and doing these last few months, than I ever have in my life. It's extremely refreshing to have an intelligent person as the leader of the US. In Canada, we're always inevitably affected by the actions of any US President (mostly due to ass-kissing Prime Ministers) so that's why I care so much about American politics. There's something very encouraging in the fact that leaders are now talking about real and necessary changes that must be made, instead of treating the general population like a bunch of retarded children.


    Your my friend! co-sign!
    I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
    User avatar
    SwordMaster
    Freakbanned
     
    Posts: 781
    Joined: 24 Feb 2009 20:35
    Location: Toronto

    Postby Drunken Idaho » 11 Mar 2009 12:19

    Hmm, I'd gladly consider co-signing if I knew what the heck that meant... :S
    "The Idahos were never ordinary people."
    -Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
    User avatar
    Drunken Idaho
     
    Posts: 1197
    Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
    Location: Ontario, Canada

    Postby SwordMaster » 11 Mar 2009 12:39

    Drunken Idaho wrote:Hmm, I'd gladly consider co-signing if I knew what the heck that meant... :S


    Does your mentat mind take over when you post, thus forgetting the words you wrote?

    Or just drinking and posting again?
    I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
    User avatar
    SwordMaster
    Freakbanned
     
    Posts: 781
    Joined: 24 Feb 2009 20:35
    Location: Toronto

    Postby Drunken Idaho » 11 Mar 2009 13:09

    SwordMaster wrote:
    Drunken Idaho wrote:Hmm, I'd gladly consider co-signing if I knew what the heck that meant... :S


    Does your mentat mind take over when you post, thus forgetting the words you wrote?

    Or just drinking and posting again?


    Haha, no I'm sober as hell today. I just have no idea what co-signing means in the context of a message board... :oops:
    "The Idahos were never ordinary people."
    -Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
    User avatar
    Drunken Idaho
     
    Posts: 1197
    Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
    Location: Ontario, Canada

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 11 Mar 2009 15:03

    Drunken Idaho wrote:
    SwordMaster wrote:
    Drunken Idaho wrote:Hmm, I'd gladly consider co-signing if I knew what the heck that meant... :S


    Does your mentat mind take over when you post, thus forgetting the words you wrote?

    Or just drinking and posting again?


    Haha, no I'm sober as hell today. I just have no idea what co-signing means in the context of a message board... :oops:


    I think he means he would co-sign your post as if it were his own.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby SwordMaster » 11 Mar 2009 15:07

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Drunken Idaho wrote:
    SwordMaster wrote:
    Drunken Idaho wrote:Hmm, I'd gladly consider co-signing if I knew what the heck that meant... :S


    Does your mentat mind take over when you post, thus forgetting the words you wrote?

    Or just drinking and posting again?


    Haha, no I'm sober as hell today. I just have no idea what co-signing means in the context of a message board... :oops:


    I think he means he would co-sign your post as if it were his own.


    Yah thats what it means, I agree and support your post as if I wrote it myself, or maybe could not have said it better myself.
    I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
    User avatar
    SwordMaster
    Freakbanned
     
    Posts: 781
    Joined: 24 Feb 2009 20:35
    Location: Toronto

    Postby Drunken Idaho » 11 Mar 2009 15:33

    SwordMaster wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Drunken Idaho wrote:
    SwordMaster wrote:
    Drunken Idaho wrote:Hmm, I'd gladly consider co-signing if I knew what the heck that meant... :S


    Does your mentat mind take over when you post, thus forgetting the words you wrote?

    Or just drinking and posting again?


    Haha, no I'm sober as hell today. I just have no idea what co-signing means in the context of a message board... :oops:


    I think he means he would co-sign your post as if it were his own.


    Yah thats what it means, I agree and support your post as if I wrote it myself, or maybe could not have said it better myself.


    Yay!
    "The Idahos were never ordinary people."
    -Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
    User avatar
    Drunken Idaho
     
    Posts: 1197
    Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
    Location: Ontario, Canada


    Return to ˱

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

    cron