Drugs

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Drugs

Post by Freakzilla »

Just to get the party started...

Spiders on Drugs
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

It's a old one, but a good laugh. Wasn't it done as a parody of the National Film Board of Canada? This appears to be a different version than the one I first watched.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Haha, I thought that was actually going somewhere interesting... Pretty good though...

But yeah, I'm a pretty big Marijuana advocate. I've heard a lot of talk lately about how if pot were legalized, it could reduce spending on the war on drugs, as well as open up a giant industry with a ready-and-waiting consumer base. It could help soften the blow of the recession, and also get creative thinkers to smoke more, and come up with other groovy ideas to help the economy! :P
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

GamePlayer wrote:It's a old one, but a good laugh. Wasn't it done as a parody of the National Film Board of Canada? This appears to be a different version than the one I first watched.
The music sounds like that stock nature music that I've been hearing all my life in Ontario Duck Fund ads or whatever.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I couldn't watch it, e-nazis, I just read the description. Did the pothead spider build a hammock and go to sleep and the cokehead spider think building webs was for suckas?

The film is by The Canadian First Church of Christ.

It was really just to get the topic going, a Dune forum without a Drug Topic is like a chick with no tits.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

:crazy:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Eyes High wrote::crazy:
Sometimes I try to do things
And it just doesn't work out the way I want it to.
And I get real frustrated.
It's like, I try hard to do it
And I take my time
But it just doesn't work out the way I want it to.
It's like I concentrate on it real hard,
But it just doesn't work out.
And everything I do and everything I try,
It never turns out!
It's like, I need time to figure these things out.
There's always someone there going,
"Hey Mike, you know,
We've been noticing you've been having a lot of problems lately, you
know.
You should maybe get away,
And like, maybe you should talk about it,
You'd feel a lot better."
I go, "No, it's okay you know, I'll figure it out.
Just leave me alone, I'll figure it out you know.
I'm just working on myself."
And they go, "Well, you know, if you wanna talk about it,
I'll be here ya know,
And you'll probably feel a lot better if ya talked about it,
So why dontcha talk about it?!"
I go, "No! I don't want to I'm okay! I'll figure it out myself!"
But they just keep buggin' me,
They just keep buggin' me
And it builds up inside!
So you're gonna be institutionalized
You'll come out brainwashed with bloodshot eyes
You won't have any say
They'll brainwash you until you see their way
I'm not crazy - Institution
You're the one who's crazy - Institution
You're driving me crazy - Institution
They stuck me in an institution
Said it was the only solution
To give me the needed professional help
To protect me from the enemy, myself
Uh - I was in my room
And I was just like staring at the wall thinking 'bout everything
But then again I was thinking about nothing.
And then my Mom came in,
And I didn't even know she was there.
She called my name
But I didn't hear her.
Then she started screaming, "Mike, Mike!"
And I go, "What? What's the matter?"
She goes, "What's the matter with you?!"
I go, "There's nothin' wrong Mom."
She goes, "Don't tell me that, you're on drugs!"
I go, "No Mom, I'm not on drugs.
I'm okay, I'm just thinking, you know.
Why don't ya give me a Pepsi?"
She goes, "No, you're on drugs!"
I go, "Mom, I'm okay, I'm just thinking."
She goes, "No, you're not thinking, you're on drugs!
Normal people don't act in that way!"
I go, "Mom, just give me a Pepsi please,
All I want is a Pepsi."
And she wouldn't give it to me!
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Just one Pepsi!
And she wouldn't give it to me!
Just a Pepsi!
They give you a white shirt with long sleeves
Tied around your back, you're treated like thieves
Drug you up because they're lazy
It's too much work to help a crazy
I was sitting in my room.
My Mom and my Dad came in.
So they pull up a chair and they sat down.
They go, "Mike, we need to talk to you."
And I go, "Okay, what's the matter?"
They go, "Me and your Mom,
We've been noticing lately you've been having a lot of problems,
And you've been going off for no reason.
And we're afraid you're gonna hurt somebody,
We're afraid you're gonna hurt yourself.
So we decided that it would be in your best interest
If we put you somewhere
Where you could get the help that you need."
And I go, "Wait! What are ya talking about?!
We decided?!
My best interest?!
How do you know what my best interest is!
How can you say what my best interest is!
And what are ya trying ta say, I'm crazy?!
When I went to your schools!
I went to your churches!
I went to your institutional learning facilities!
So how can ya say I'm crazy?!

They say they're gonna fix my brain
Alleviate my suffering and my pain
But by the time they fix my head
Mentally, I'll be dead
Chorus (two verses):
...Doesn't matter I'll probably get hit by a car anyway.

Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendancies (1983)
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I'm all for legalizing (to the same level as alchohol, noo further) pot and some other drugs, and I think I'm fairly unbiased since I don't actually do anything other than drink myself. Though if I had mushrooms around I would probably eat them, that's a fantastic drug, loved it the one time I managed to get my hands on some, hard to find though.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'm all for legalizing (to the same level as alchohol, noo further) pot and some other drugs, and I think I'm fairly unbiased since I don't actually do anything other than drink myself. Though if I had mushrooms around I would probably eat them, that's a fantastic drug, loved it the one time I managed to get my hands on some, hard to find though.
Done 'em a few times... Sometimes it's a blast, other times it's not fun at all. And you never know what your trip is going to be like until the walls start melting.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm not so much for legalization as decriminalization. People with drug problems should not be put in jail, they need mental therapy.

If it is not causing them problems they should be left alone.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Drunken Idaho wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'm all for legalizing (to the same level as alchohol, noo further) pot and some other drugs, and I think I'm fairly unbiased since I don't actually do anything other than drink myself. Though if I had mushrooms around I would probably eat them, that's a fantastic drug, loved it the one time I managed to get my hands on some, hard to find though.
Done 'em a few times... Sometimes it's a blast, other times it's not fun at all. And you never know what your trip is going to be like until the walls start melting.
I ate quite a bit for a first time (apparently), about 4 grams, but I didn't halucinate at all. All I got was about 6 or 7 hours of extreme concentration on just about anything, and the impression that everything I saw or heard was deeply and profoundly amazing. That was probably 5 or 6 years ago though.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
I ate quite a bit for a first time (apparently), about 4 grams, but I didn't halucinate at all. All I got was about 6 or 7 hours of extreme concentration on just about anything, and the impression that everything I saw or heard was deeply and profoundly amazing. That was probably 5 or 6 years ago though.
Every time I've ever done 'shrooms I've thrown up, but after that it was a blast.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Freakzilla wrote:It was really just to get the topic going, a Dune forum without a Drug Topic is like a chick with no tits.
Is it 4:20 already? :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:It was really just to get the topic going, a Dune forum without a Drug Topic is like a chick with no tits.
Is it 4:20 already? :)
It's always 4:20 somewhere. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

It is, right here, right now!

Too bad I'm at work...
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Freak. i really liked your post at 330. :lol:

what can I say man. LOL
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Eyes High wrote:Freak. i really liked your post at 330. :lol:

what can I say man. LOL
Surely you've heard that song.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I don't believe I have. Will you send me a link to the song if you have one and I'll give it a listen.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

I will say it again, the only reason pot isn't legal is because it will destroy the already existing paper and textile industry.

There are so many uses for hemp that it would seriously infringe on many industries. Those industries have lots of money and therefore lots of lobbyists. Could there be any other reason why non-drug grade hemp would be illegal?
A Thing of Eternity

Crysknife wrote:I will say it again, the only reason pot isn't legal is because it will destroy the already existing paper and textile industry.

There are so many uses for hemp that it would seriously infringe on many industries. Those industries have lots of money and therefore lots of lobbyists. Could there be any other reason why non-drug grade hemp would be illegal?
I wasn't aware that hemp was illigal, are you sure about that? Maybe it's just a US thing, or a Mormonland thing, but if that is the case I'd have to say you're 100% correct, that's the only reason for it to be illigal. Hasn't hurt those industries up here though and see hemp stuff everywhere.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Crysknife wrote:I will say it again, the only reason pot isn't legal is because it will destroy the already existing paper and textile industry.

I wasn't aware that hemp was illigal, are you sure about that? Maybe it's just a US thing, or a Mormonland thing, but if that is the case I'd have to say you're 100% correct, that's the only reason for it to be illigal. Hasn't hurt those industries up here though and see hemp stuff everywhere.
It's not the only reason. It would also ruin the pharmecutical and petrochemical industry.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:

It's not the only reason. It would also ruin the pharmecutical and petrochemical industry.
God forbid we actually grow more plants and help the environment.
~Pink Snowman
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Nope, it's illegal...I think it's actually illegal to import any hemp products, maybe only a few companies have a special license to do that.
A Thing of Eternity

Crysknife wrote:

Nope, it's illegal...I think it's actually illegal to import any hemp products, maybe only a few companies have a special license to do that.
Really? Weird. It's legal to grow here, I think it's just regulated.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I believe you must obtain a special license to grow industrial hemp and have approved storage facilities. From what I've heard, these are impossible to get.

Hell, there's a tax on marijuana in my state! I believe it's $4 a gram.

The government doesn't want to acknowledge the difference between industrial hemp and marijuana.
~Pink Snowman