• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Drugs

    Image
      Abandon all sanity, ye who enter here!

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Drugs

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Mar 2009 15:00

    Just to get the party started...

    Spiders on Drugs
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby GamePlayer » 05 Mar 2009 15:06

    It's a old one, but a good laugh. Wasn't it done as a parody of the National Film Board of Canada? This appears to be a different version than the one I first watched.
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Postby Drunken Idaho » 05 Mar 2009 15:08

    Haha, I thought that was actually going somewhere interesting... Pretty good though...

    But yeah, I'm a pretty big Marijuana advocate. I've heard a lot of talk lately about how if pot were legalized, it could reduce spending on the war on drugs, as well as open up a giant industry with a ready-and-waiting consumer base. It could help soften the blow of the recession, and also get creative thinkers to smoke more, and come up with other groovy ideas to help the economy! :P
    "The Idahos were never ordinary people."
    -Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
    User avatar
    Drunken Idaho
     
    Posts: 1197
    Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
    Location: Ontario, Canada

    Postby Drunken Idaho » 05 Mar 2009 15:09

    GamePlayer wrote:It's a old one, but a good laugh. Wasn't it done as a parody of the National Film Board of Canada? This appears to be a different version than the one I first watched.


    The music sounds like that stock nature music that I've been hearing all my life in Ontario Duck Fund ads or whatever.
    "The Idahos were never ordinary people."
    -Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
    User avatar
    Drunken Idaho
     
    Posts: 1197
    Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
    Location: Ontario, Canada

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Mar 2009 15:09

    I couldn't watch it, e-nazis, I just read the description. Did the pothead spider build a hammock and go to sleep and the cokehead spider think building webs was for suckas?

    The film is by The Canadian First Church of Christ.

    It was really just to get the topic going, a Dune forum without a Drug Topic is like a chick with no tits.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby Eyes High » 05 Mar 2009 15:25

    :crazy:
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    User avatar
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified
     
    Posts: 2320
    Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
    Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Mar 2009 15:30

    Eyes High wrote::crazy:


    Sometimes I try to do things
    And it just doesn't work out the way I want it to.
    And I get real frustrated.
    It's like, I try hard to do it
    And I take my time
    But it just doesn't work out the way I want it to.
    It's like I concentrate on it real hard,
    But it just doesn't work out.
    And everything I do and everything I try,
    It never turns out!
    It's like, I need time to figure these things out.
    There's always someone there going,
    "Hey Mike, you know,
    We've been noticing you've been having a lot of problems lately, you
    know.
    You should maybe get away,
    And like, maybe you should talk about it,
    You'd feel a lot better."
    I go, "No, it's okay you know, I'll figure it out.
    Just leave me alone, I'll figure it out you know.
    I'm just working on myself."
    And they go, "Well, you know, if you wanna talk about it,
    I'll be here ya know,
    And you'll probably feel a lot better if ya talked about it,
    So why dontcha talk about it?!"
    I go, "No! I don't want to I'm okay! I'll figure it out myself!"
    But they just keep buggin' me,
    They just keep buggin' me
    And it builds up inside!
    So you're gonna be institutionalized
    You'll come out brainwashed with bloodshot eyes
    You won't have any say
    They'll brainwash you until you see their way
    I'm not crazy - Institution
    You're the one who's crazy - Institution
    You're driving me crazy - Institution
    They stuck me in an institution
    Said it was the only solution
    To give me the needed professional help
    To protect me from the enemy, myself
    Uh - I was in my room
    And I was just like staring at the wall thinking 'bout everything
    But then again I was thinking about nothing.
    And then my Mom came in,
    And I didn't even know she was there.
    She called my name
    But I didn't hear her.
    Then she started screaming, "Mike, Mike!"
    And I go, "What? What's the matter?"
    She goes, "What's the matter with you?!"
    I go, "There's nothin' wrong Mom."
    She goes, "Don't tell me that, you're on drugs!"
    I go, "No Mom, I'm not on drugs.
    I'm okay, I'm just thinking, you know.
    Why don't ya give me a Pepsi?"
    She goes, "No, you're on drugs!"
    I go, "Mom, I'm okay, I'm just thinking."
    She goes, "No, you're not thinking, you're on drugs!
    Normal people don't act in that way!"
    I go, "Mom, just give me a Pepsi please,
    All I want is a Pepsi."
    And she wouldn't give it to me!
    All I wanted was a Pepsi!
    Just one Pepsi!
    And she wouldn't give it to me!
    Just a Pepsi!
    They give you a white shirt with long sleeves
    Tied around your back, you're treated like thieves
    Drug you up because they're lazy
    It's too much work to help a crazy
    I'm not crazy - Institution
    You're the one who's crazy - Institution
    You're driving me crazy - Institution
    They stuck me in an institution
    Said it was the only solution
    To give me the needed professional help
    To protect me from the enemy, myself
    I was sitting in my room.
    My Mom and my Dad came in.
    So they pull up a chair and they sat down.
    They go, "Mike, we need to talk to you."
    And I go, "Okay, what's the matter?"
    They go, "Me and your Mom,
    We've been noticing lately you've been having a lot of problems,
    And you've been going off for no reason.
    And we're afraid you're gonna hurt somebody,
    We're afraid you're gonna hurt yourself.
    So we decided that it would be in your best interest
    If we put you somewhere
    Where you could get the help that you need."
    And I go, "Wait! What are ya talking about?!
    We decided?!
    My best interest?!
    How do you know what my best interest is!
    How can you say what my best interest is!
    And what are ya trying ta say, I'm crazy?!
    When I went to your schools!
    I went to your churches!
    I went to your institutional learning facilities!
    So how can ya say I'm crazy?!

    They say they're gonna fix my brain
    Alleviate my suffering and my pain
    But by the time they fix my head
    Mentally, I'll be dead
    Chorus (two verses):
    I'm not crazy - Institution
    You're the one who's crazy - Institution
    You're driving me crazy - Institution
    They stuck me in an institution
    Said it was the only solution
    To give me the needed professional help
    To protect me from the enemy, myself
    ...Doesn't matter I'll probably get hit by a car anyway.


    Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendancies (1983)
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 05 Mar 2009 15:34

    I'm all for legalizing (to the same level as alchohol, noo further) pot and some other drugs, and I think I'm fairly unbiased since I don't actually do anything other than drink myself. Though if I had mushrooms around I would probably eat them, that's a fantastic drug, loved it the one time I managed to get my hands on some, hard to find though.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby Drunken Idaho » 05 Mar 2009 15:36

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'm all for legalizing (to the same level as alchohol, noo further) pot and some other drugs, and I think I'm fairly unbiased since I don't actually do anything other than drink myself. Though if I had mushrooms around I would probably eat them, that's a fantastic drug, loved it the one time I managed to get my hands on some, hard to find though.


    Done 'em a few times... Sometimes it's a blast, other times it's not fun at all. And you never know what your trip is going to be like until the walls start melting.
    "The Idahos were never ordinary people."
    -Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
    User avatar
    Drunken Idaho
     
    Posts: 1197
    Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
    Location: Ontario, Canada

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Mar 2009 15:45

    I'm not so much for legalization as decriminalization. People with drug problems should not be put in jail, they need mental therapy.

    If it is not causing them problems they should be left alone.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 05 Mar 2009 15:47

    Drunken Idaho wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'm all for legalizing (to the same level as alchohol, noo further) pot and some other drugs, and I think I'm fairly unbiased since I don't actually do anything other than drink myself. Though if I had mushrooms around I would probably eat them, that's a fantastic drug, loved it the one time I managed to get my hands on some, hard to find though.


    Done 'em a few times... Sometimes it's a blast, other times it's not fun at all. And you never know what your trip is going to be like until the walls start melting.


    I ate quite a bit for a first time (apparently), about 4 grams, but I didn't halucinate at all. All I got was about 6 or 7 hours of extreme concentration on just about anything, and the impression that everything I saw or heard was deeply and profoundly amazing. That was probably 5 or 6 years ago though.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Mar 2009 15:53

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Drunken Idaho wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'm all for legalizing (to the same level as alchohol, noo further) pot and some other drugs, and I think I'm fairly unbiased since I don't actually do anything other than drink myself. Though if I had mushrooms around I would probably eat them, that's a fantastic drug, loved it the one time I managed to get my hands on some, hard to find though.


    Done 'em a few times... Sometimes it's a blast, other times it's not fun at all. And you never know what your trip is going to be like until the walls start melting.


    I ate quite a bit for a first time (apparently), about 4 grams, but I didn't halucinate at all. All I got was about 6 or 7 hours of extreme concentration on just about anything, and the impression that everything I saw or heard was deeply and profoundly amazing. That was probably 5 or 6 years ago though.


    Every time I've ever done 'shrooms I've thrown up, but after that it was a blast.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby GamePlayer » 05 Mar 2009 15:59

    Freakzilla wrote:It was really just to get the topic going, a Dune forum without a Drug Topic is like a chick with no tits.


    Is it 4:20 already? :)
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Mar 2009 16:03

    GamePlayer wrote:
    Freakzilla wrote:It was really just to get the topic going, a Dune forum without a Drug Topic is like a chick with no tits.


    Is it 4:20 already? :)


    It's always 4:20 somewhere. :wink:
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby Drunken Idaho » 05 Mar 2009 16:37

    It is, right here, right now!


    Too bad I'm at work...
    "The Idahos were never ordinary people."
    -Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
    User avatar
    Drunken Idaho
     
    Posts: 1197
    Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
    Location: Ontario, Canada

    Postby Eyes High » 05 Mar 2009 18:16

    Freak. i really liked your post at 330. :lol:

    what can I say man. LOL
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    User avatar
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified
     
    Posts: 2320
    Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
    Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Mar 2009 18:20

    Eyes High wrote:Freak. i really liked your post at 330. :lol:

    what can I say man. LOL


    Surely you've heard that song.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby Eyes High » 05 Mar 2009 20:29

    I don't believe I have. Will you send me a link to the song if you have one and I'll give it a listen.
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    User avatar
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified
     
    Posts: 2320
    Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
    Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

    Postby Crysknife » 05 Mar 2009 20:35

    I will say it again, the only reason pot isn't legal is because it will destroy the already existing paper and textile industry.

    There are so many uses for hemp that it would seriously infringe on many industries. Those industries have lots of money and therefore lots of lobbyists. Could there be any other reason why non-drug grade hemp would be illegal?
    Image
    User avatar
    Crysknife
     
    Posts: 593
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 02:15
    Location: SLC, punk

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 05 Mar 2009 20:38

    Crysknife wrote:I will say it again, the only reason pot isn't legal is because it will destroy the already existing paper and textile industry.

    There are so many uses for hemp that it would seriously infringe on many industries. Those industries have lots of money and therefore lots of lobbyists. Could there be any other reason why non-drug grade hemp would be illegal?


    I wasn't aware that hemp was illigal, are you sure about that? Maybe it's just a US thing, or a Mormonland thing, but if that is the case I'd have to say you're 100% correct, that's the only reason for it to be illigal. Hasn't hurt those industries up here though and see hemp stuff everywhere.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Mar 2009 20:40

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Crysknife wrote:I will say it again, the only reason pot isn't legal is because it will destroy the already existing paper and textile industry.

    There are so many uses for hemp that it would seriously infringe on many industries. Those industries have lots of money and therefore lots of lobbyists. Could there be any other reason why non-drug grade hemp would be illegal?


    I wasn't aware that hemp was illigal, are you sure about that? Maybe it's just a US thing, or a Mormonland thing, but if that is the case I'd have to say you're 100% correct, that's the only reason for it to be illigal. Hasn't hurt those industries up here though and see hemp stuff everywhere.


    It's not the only reason. It would also ruin the pharmecutical and petrochemical industry.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Mar 2009 20:41

    Freakzilla wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Crysknife wrote:I will say it again, the only reason pot isn't legal is because it will destroy the already existing paper and textile industry.

    There are so many uses for hemp that it would seriously infringe on many industries. Those industries have lots of money and therefore lots of lobbyists. Could there be any other reason why non-drug grade hemp would be illegal?


    I wasn't aware that hemp was illigal, are you sure about that? Maybe it's just a US thing, or a Mormonland thing, but if that is the case I'd have to say you're 100% correct, that's the only reason for it to be illigal. Hasn't hurt those industries up here though and see hemp stuff everywhere.


    It's not the only reason. It would also ruin the pharmecutical and petrochemical industry.


    God forbid we actually grow more plants and help the environment.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby Crysknife » 05 Mar 2009 20:54

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Crysknife wrote:I will say it again, the only reason pot isn't legal is because it will destroy the already existing paper and textile industry.

    There are so many uses for hemp that it would seriously infringe on many industries. Those industries have lots of money and therefore lots of lobbyists. Could there be any other reason why non-drug grade hemp would be illegal?


    I wasn't aware that hemp was illigal, are you sure about that? Maybe it's just a US thing, or a Mormonland thing, but if that is the case I'd have to say you're 100% correct, that's the only reason for it to be illigal. Hasn't hurt those industries up here though and see hemp stuff everywhere.


    Nope, it's illegal...I think it's actually illegal to import any hemp products, maybe only a few companies have a special license to do that.
    Image
    User avatar
    Crysknife
     
    Posts: 593
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 02:15
    Location: SLC, punk

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 05 Mar 2009 21:00

    Crysknife wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Crysknife wrote:I will say it again, the only reason pot isn't legal is because it will destroy the already existing paper and textile industry.

    There are so many uses for hemp that it would seriously infringe on many industries. Those industries have lots of money and therefore lots of lobbyists. Could there be any other reason why non-drug grade hemp would be illegal?


    I wasn't aware that hemp was illigal, are you sure about that? Maybe it's just a US thing, or a Mormonland thing, but if that is the case I'd have to say you're 100% correct, that's the only reason for it to be illigal. Hasn't hurt those industries up here though and see hemp stuff everywhere.


    Nope, it's illegal...I think it's actually illegal to import any hemp products, maybe only a few companies have a special license to do that.


    Really? Weird. It's legal to grow here, I think it's just regulated.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Mar 2009 21:04

    I believe you must obtain a special license to grow industrial hemp and have approved storage facilities. From what I've heard, these are impossible to get.

    Hell, there's a tax on marijuana in my state! I believe it's $4 a gram.

    The government doesn't want to acknowledge the difference between industrial hemp and marijuana.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Next

    Return to ˱

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

    cron