Drugs

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Drugs

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/0 ... 98774.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pot brownies are so yesterday -- who cares about accidentally getting co-workers high or police eating confiscated pot brownies? We're into the next big pot-and-food trend: marijuana wine. Matthew Kronsberg on Gourmet Live writes that pot-infused wines are an open secret in wine country. He explains:

Adjusted for volume, “special” wines can range from under a pound of marijuana per 59-gallon barrel to over 4 pounds per barrel. The result is a spectrum ranging from a gentle, almost absinthe-like effect to something verging on oenological anesthetic.

Good wine deserves to be paired with good food, so perhaps a dish using homemade cannabis flour is the perfect match. Want something a little more exotic? Try bhang ki thandai, mad'joun or mie aceh, dishes from India, Morocco and Indonesia that all incorporate weed.
Omph, want to ship me some? :D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
dunecat10193

Post by dunecat10193 »

Getting way stoned and reading Dune makes me cream myself. And thats all I have to say about drugs.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I could never read while stoned. I'd read a paragraph and start thinking about something related while my eyes kept going, then have to back-track. It'd take me an hour to read a page.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/0 ... 98774.html
Pot brownies are so yesterday -- who cares about accidentally getting co-workers high or police eating confiscated pot brownies? We're into the next big pot-and-food trend: marijuana wine. Matthew Kronsberg on Gourmet Live writes that pot-infused wines are an open secret in wine country. He explains:

Adjusted for volume, “special” wines can range from under a pound of marijuana per 59-gallon barrel to over 4 pounds per barrel. The result is a spectrum ranging from a gentle, almost absinthe-like effect to something verging on oenological anesthetic.

Good wine deserves to be paired with good food, so perhaps a dish using homemade cannabis flour is the perfect match. Want something a little more exotic? Try bhang ki thandai, mad'joun or mie aceh, dishes from India, Morocco and Indonesia that all incorporate weed.
Omph, want to ship me some? :D
Sorry dude. No exports from CA. That's the law, man! Lookitup.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I know, I was kidding. Sounds like good stuff, though. The taste, especially of the premium stuff, was something I used to love.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_ ... /takeback/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
trang

Post by trang »

Freakzilla wrote:Image
That offers up so many possible comments I'm not even gonna touch it, good one:)

As for Legalization, go for it, package, sell, tax, pay off deficit, and have a good vib while doing it.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ny-g ... y-16494532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NY Gov. Cuomo Proposes Reducing Marijuana Penalty

By MICHAEL VIRTANEN Associated Press
ALBANY, N.Y. June 5, 2012 (AP)

Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday proposed cutting the penalty for public possession of a small amount of marijuana, a change in state law that would defuse some criticism of the New York Police Department's stop-and-frisk policy in minority communities.

With three weeks remaining in the legislative session, Cuomo said his bill to reduce the criminal misdemeanor to a violation with a fine up to $100 would save thousands of New Yorkers, disproportionately black and Hispanic youths, from unnecessary arrests and criminal charges.

"There's a blatant inconsistency. If you possess marijuana privately, it's a violation. If you show it in public, it's a crime," Cuomo said. "It's incongruous. It's inconsistent the way it's been enforced. There have been additional complications in relation to the stop-and-frisk policy where there's claims young people could have a small amount of marijuana in their pocket, where they're stopped and frisked. The police officer says, 'Turn out your pockets.' The marijuana is now in public view. It just went from a violation to a crime."

New York City prosecutors and Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly, whose offices handled almost 50,000 such criminal cases last year, endorsed the Democratic governor's plan. Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the bill largely mirrors the city police directive issued last year for officers to issue violations, not misdemeanors, "for small amounts of marijuana that come into open view during a search."

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance said it will help them redirect limited resources to serious crime, and key Assembly Democrats expressed support. Some opposition is expected in the state Senate's Republican majority, where a spokesman said they will review the measure once Cuomo submits it.

Possession of less than 25 grams was reduced in state law to a violation in 1977, subject to a ticket and fine. If the pot is burning or in public view, it rises to a misdemeanor that leads to an arrest. Cuomo's proposal differs from pending Assembly and Senate bills because it leaves public pot smoking as a criminal misdemeanor.

Cuomo acknowledged the existing approach disproportionately affects minority youths, with 94 percent of arrests in New York City, more than half of those arrested younger than 25 and 82 percent either black or Hispanic. He also defended keeping smoking pot a crime. "I believe the society does want to discourage the use of marijuana in public, on the street. Smoking a joint, I think, is a different level of activity than just being in possession of it," he said.

According to advocates for decriminalizing it, 14 states, including Oregon and Massachusetts, have lowered penalties for possessing small amounts of marijuana to civil fines in a movement that began in the 1970s. Since 1996, 16 states, including California, have legalized its use for medical conditions, though New York has not.

Kelly said he faced criticism from City Council last year about too many arrests for small amounts of marijuana. He responded that they need to change the state law because officers can't simply turn a blind eye to it.

In response to allegations that police were arresting people for marijuana that was in their pockets until police made them reveal it, Kelly issued a directive last year reminding officers how existing law should correctly be applied. "This (new) law will make certain that the confusion in this situation will be eliminated, and it also mandates that a violation will be charged irrespective as the district attorney said the marijuana is in plain sight or not," he said Monday.

Assemblyman Hakeem Jeffries, a Brooklyn Democrat and sponsor of the Assembly bill similar to Cuomo's proposal, said the racially disparate arrest numbers are a consequence of both the statute and the police stop-and-frisk policies. "The unlawful arrests have declined but not at the level that many had hoped would take place," he said.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Chicago Mayor Emanuel backs marijuana decriminalization

By Mary Wisniewski | Reuters – Fri, Jun 15, 2012

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Friday he would back a proposal that would decriminalize possessing small amounts of marijuana, the latest major U.S. political figure to support diminished penalties for the drug's use.

Under the proposed ordinance, to be voted on by the city council later this month, police officers in the nation's third-largest city would be able to issue a written violation for possession of 15 grams or less.

This is a modified version of an ordinance proposed last fall by a group of Chicago aldermen, who said the measure would help raise revenue for the city, save money and free up police to pursue more serious crimes.

More than a dozen states and several of the largest U.S. cities have already taken similar steps. New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo is another supporter of pot decriminalization.

Chicago Police Department statistics indicate that last year there were 18,298 arrests for possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana, according to a statement from the mayor's office. Each case involves approximately four officers - two arresting and two transporting officers - and places an additional burden on the Cook County court and jail system, the statement said.

"These arrests tied up more than 45,000 police hours," Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said in the mayor's office statement. "The new ordinance nearly cuts that time in half, which equals an approximate $1 million in savings, while freeing up cops to address more serious crime."

Currently, those caught with small amounts of the drug could face up to six months in jail. The aldermen's original ordinance set the limit at 10 grams.

When the ordinance was first introduced last year, Emanuel, who was President Barack Obama's first White House chief of staff, had said he would ask the police to do an analysis to see if the reform would make sense.

"The result is an ordinance that allows us to observe the law, while reducing the processing time for minor possession of marijuana - ultimately freeing up police officers for the street," Emanuel said.

McCarthy and Emanuel have been under pressure in recent weeks to quell a spike in gun violence in Chicago. Through May 13 of this year, there have been 185 homicides in the city, up from 116 during the comparable period last year, and the numbers have continued to rise. Emanuel had vowed to cut the city's crime rate when he was elected last year.

Fifteen states have reduced the penalty for possession of limited amounts of marijuana, according to Allen St. Pierre, executive director of NORML, a lobbying group working to legalize the drug. Other cities with similar policies include Seattle, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, as well as university towns like Champaign, Illinois, and Madison, Wisconsin. Seventeen states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana.

"It's a pragmatic move," said St. Pierre, regarding Emanuel's decision.

Under a New York proposal approved by the State Assembly Wednesday and backed by Cuomo, patients could buy marijuana at pharmacies and hospitals or from non-profits certified by the state. The Republican-led New York Senate is not expected to allow a vote on the bill this session.

Opponents of decriminalization have argued that it normalizes drug use, and results in a lost opportunity for intervention.

The Chicago ordinance will likely be voted on during the City Council meeting June 27.

(Reporting By Mary Wisniewski; additional reporting by Andrew Stern; Editing by Doina Chiacu)
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Weed against fascism
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Weed makes everything better!

:Adolf:
~Pink Snowman
Visigoth

Post by Visigoth »

Freakzilla wrote:Weed makes everything better!

then, why are you not for legalization?
:think:
ImageImageImage
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Visigoth wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Weed makes everything better!

then, why are you not for legalization?
:think:
You're obviously high.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Visigoth

Post by Visigoth »

DuneFishUK wrote:
That's :crazy:

Lead driver, I thought I read that you supported Decriminalization not Legalization.

Some of the stuff I've read about the Cannabis Laws read that these laws against Cannabis are in place because.....Mr. Dupont was afraid that hemp fiber would put him out of the nylon fiber business. Clothes, biodegradeble containers, biofuel, omega 3oils (not Hash oil), and eco friendly products could be produced from the different Cannabis strains. Heck, I even think that the first jeans by Levi-Strauss were made out of hemp, but I'm not sure.

Today, the big corporations push poison just like in the old days, and keep the Weed out of the Market. Why are we as a society not compelled to advanced progress in just and economically beneficial trade? Who is making money by keeping Hemp fiber out of the market. It is not a moral issue like we're made to believe, it is a greed issue. We are sooooo advanced as a society, yet we let the people who govern us make irrational economic decisions in our behalf. Then, we blame the other side, there are only two Parties, for all our ilks.
I think a lot of us with kids are afraid of the legal weed, but isn't Catholic school more dangerous that weed?
Yeah, our kids are really safe because of the war on drugs, the war on Al- Quaida, the war on Obama. I want dirty air and dirty water, Louisiana water, good for me, good for you. We can't have it both ways.

Honestly, how many people who smoke weed don't want Legalization because they're closet smokers and/or are afraid of how society might label them. I remember back in the '70's some closet gay persons that I interviewed, did not think that Homosexuality should be legal.
ImageImageImage
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I hope for decriminalization but re-legalizing it would be ideal.

And yes, big pharmaceuticals play a role in holding it down. But honestly, I think racism had a bigger role in making it illegal.
~Pink Snowman
Visigoth

Post by Visigoth »

Freakzilla wrote:I hope for decriminalization but re-legalizing it would be ideal.

And yes, big pharmaceuticals play a role in holding it down. But honestly, I think racism had a bigger role in making it illegal.
I had written a good post and I lost it.

Abreviated

I think Alfred Dupont got ahead of Pharma, Big Oil, and the Racists.
More than racism, I think is economics. When the economy is good, there is less racism.

Demagoguery is used to antagonize the different racial and economic groups.

In the '70's, the U.S. sprayed so much DDT that eradicated a whole strain of the famous Colombian Gold. A pure Cannabis Sativa is gone; it was the grass that made you laugh for an hour with just a couple of inhalations. THERAPY!
Not even the seed bank has this strain.

F-14 on the landing strip...
Hostages about to be released...
Mr. Carter won't get a hug...
'Cause Colonel North said no,no,no....
Spare parts traded for all of them...
Money is diverted for the good all trade....
White House money buys much Cocaine...
Many Contras get FAL's...
CIA is involved, of course...
So Highway Ricky could do his Job.
ImageImageImage
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Washington, Oregon and Colorado could become the first states to legalize recreational use of marijuana today.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

This weed is ultra strong !
Visigoth

Post by Visigoth »

Freakzilla wrote:Washington, Oregon and Colorado could become the first states to legalize recreational use of marijuana today.

A lot of drug dealers are not happy!
ImageImageImage
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Voters in Washington and Colorado legalize recreational marijuana

By Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 2 hrs 9 mins ago

It's been quite the night for marijuana in several ballot measures across the country.

Voters in Washington state and Colorado appear to have voted "yes" on measures that would legalize the sale of pot to adults, without the need for a doctor's prescription.

Massachusetts voters have overwhelmingly approved a medical marijuana ballot measure. (The final votes are still being counted.) And earlier Tuesday evening, voters in Massachusetts overwhelmingly approved the measure to allow the use of medical marijuana.

Oregon voters have to decide on a similar measure to those passed in Washington and Colorado, which would allow marijuana use for any individual over the age of 21, but it appears to have been defeated.

Arkansas's medical marijuana initiative also appears to have been defeated.

Montana, which already has a medical marijuana law, is voting on whether or not to restrict patient access in the state.

So far, states that have approved medical marijuana have walked a fine line with federal laws that still prohibit the sale of marijuana under any circumstances. The full legalization of marijuana in these two states is expected to increase that tension between local and federal laws.

In total, six states are considering marijuana initiatives.

"Now that this law has been passed [in Massachusetts], it will finally be legal and safe for myself and many others in the state to procure the medicine," Eric McCoy, 59, told the Boston Globe.

NBC News reports that 17 states and the District of Columbia already have laws allowing for the medical use of marijuana, according to the National Council of Legislatures.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

I find it quite ironic that the country from which originated the prohibition style approach to cannabis would be the one passing the most open and pragmatic laws in the world.

It would be nice if Obama could put in a word with our Old Country leaders cause frankly they need a bit of a nudge. (a kick in the butt would be nice too, considering for how long this rigmarole has been going on for).
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Does this change drug test requirements?
How're they going to tax these sales?
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos