Racism

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Re: Racism

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

SandRider wrote:I wonder what America would look like if
this was the mainstream news ?

http://www.newnation.org/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It would be a really disturbing place. I don't think having mainstream news like that will make the country a better place. You'll just have the pale faced mob blaming all of society's dysfunctions on their colored skinned brethren, and giving the pale faces an excuse to embark on an ethnic cleansing.

Whatever the problems of society, villainizing an ethnicity or a representative of an ethnicity is a waste of time.
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Census: Minorities now surpass whites in US births

http://news.yahoo.com/census-minorities ... 28336.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When do I start getting my free stuff???
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

The white minority !

Was gonna post this in random crap but it kinda fits the topic (we've had worse digressions)

http://youtu.be/Exy_ztdpAoI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Pretty much done with Star Wars: The Old Republic because their CS is shit and refuses to change racist names. I'm basically assuming its all outsourced to south asia where they have no idea what this means:

You tell me, am I over reacting when I report the name "Fried Chickens Oh Lawd" in a guild called <OH LAWD DAT IS SUM CHICKEN> not to mention the guild website is full of racist pictures and the player uses the fat black model for his character.

Considering posting it directly to their twitter feed so they can't ignore it.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
lotek

Post by lotek »

Ampoliros wrote: I'm basically assuming its all outsourced to south asia where they have no idea what this means:
[...] "Fried Chickens Oh Lawd" in a guild called <OH LAWD DAT IS SUM CHICKEN> .
that's kind of ironic though.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

CS?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

customer services I suppose
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

It was obviously meant to fool the customer service and get past the filters. The player is a little shit as well and brags about how often he gets reported.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

That's what I thought, but I thought it could be some kind of gamer acronym.

CS = Counterstrike :P
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

more importantly, do you think that the usage is racist enough to warrant reporting, or am I over reacting. Looking at the guild's website, its obvious they mean it in a negative context. And like I said, the guildmaster is grade-a piece of shit.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Well, it's only racist if he's not black. At least that's the way it is around here.
~Pink Snowman
gurensan

Post by gurensan »

Youtube user account terminated. Sadness.
If you fart in the wilderness, and a bear eats you before you can smell it, does it matter if it makes an odor?