Mr. Obama goes to Ottawa

Image
    Abandon all sanity, ye who enter here!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

User avatar
Drunken Idaho
Posts: 1197
Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
Location: Ontario, Canada

Mr. Obama goes to Ottawa

Postby Drunken Idaho » 19 Feb 2009 10:10

Well, the prez is visiting Stephen Harper today...

Greenpeace activists have posted these banners, urging the leaders not to do business over the oil sands out west.

Image
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18133
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 19 Feb 2009 10:17

There goes the neighborhood!
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18133
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 19 Feb 2009 15:25

AToE wrote:Back on topic - I think it's hilarious how much security the Pres gets, secret routes, snipers on roofs etc - our leader we just leave to the wolves.

How much security does our PM even get? I imagine he has a few security officers that travel with him, but certainly no snipers! Ah, the joys of being a less important country, save money on this kind of stuff. :D Kinda funny.


I don't think it's as much a matter of being less important but being less black.

Did they do that for other presidents?
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 19 Feb 2009 15:31

Freakzilla wrote:
AToE wrote:Back on topic - I think it's hilarious how much security the Pres gets, secret routes, snipers on roofs etc - our leader we just leave to the wolves.

How much security does our PM even get? I imagine he has a few security officers that travel with him, but certainly no snipers! Ah, the joys of being a less important country, save money on this kind of stuff. :D Kinda funny.


I don't think it's as much a matter of being less important but being less black.

Did they do that for other presidents?


I believe they did. I don't think being black is that much of a concern up here, just not that big of a deal.
Image

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18133
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 19 Feb 2009 15:36

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
AToE wrote:Back on topic - I think it's hilarious how much security the Pres gets, secret routes, snipers on roofs etc - our leader we just leave to the wolves.

How much security does our PM even get? I imagine he has a few security officers that travel with him, but certainly no snipers! Ah, the joys of being a less important country, save money on this kind of stuff. :D Kinda funny.


I don't think it's as much a matter of being less important but being less black.

Did they do that for other presidents?


I believe they did. I don't think being black is that much of a concern up here, just not that big of a deal.


No, but racist rednecks here might think it would be easier to take a shot at him in Canada. I'm not saying there are Canadian racists who want him assassinated (maybe there is, I don't know.)
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 19 Feb 2009 15:39

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
AToE wrote:Back on topic - I think it's hilarious how much security the Pres gets, secret routes, snipers on roofs etc - our leader we just leave to the wolves.

How much security does our PM even get? I imagine he has a few security officers that travel with him, but certainly no snipers! Ah, the joys of being a less important country, save money on this kind of stuff. :D Kinda funny.


I don't think it's as much a matter of being less important but being less black.

Did they do that for other presidents?


I believe they did. I don't think being black is that much of a concern up here, just not that big of a deal.


No, but racist rednecks here might think it would be easier to take a shot at him in Canada. I'm not saying there are Canadian racists who want him assassinated (maybe there is, I don't know.)


Actually you might be right, and there is a white-nationalist community here too, it's just much smaller than the US one (stormfront.org has a seperate forum for Canadian bigots :wink: ). That said, I think this is pretty much just the kind of protection the pres gets - isn't it normal for them to have secret routs and decoy vehicles and snipers when in foreign countries?
Image

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6617
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 19 Feb 2009 15:59

It's so refreshing having a president who does not have to be reminded where Canada is.

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18133
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 19 Feb 2009 16:03

Omphalos wrote:It's so refreshing having a president who does not have to be reminded where Canada is.


Now if he can only remember those campaign promises! :P
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Drunken Idaho
Posts: 1197
Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Drunken Idaho » 19 Feb 2009 16:06

Or a president who doesn't think the Prime Minister's name is Jean Poutine!
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18133
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 19 Feb 2009 16:17

Baraka Bryan wrote:overall, obama's links to Canada (brother in law, members of his administration) will bode well for our bicameral interests. I felt the visit looked amicable and in their press conference tere was a real spirit of collaboration in their words.


"The good news is, we've solved the financial crisis! The Bad news is the US is now part of Canada!"

as for the security, i remember some commentators saying that this was about twice the security as Bush's visit to Canada.


Thanks, I've heard it was a lot higher.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Drunken Idaho
Posts: 1197
Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Drunken Idaho » 19 Feb 2009 16:28

Freakzilla wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:overall, obama's links to Canada (brother in law, members of his administration) will bode well for our bicameral interests. I felt the visit looked amicable and in their press conference tere was a real spirit of collaboration in their words.


"The good news is, we've solved the financial crisis! The Bad news is the US is now part of Canada!"


Hmm, 50 new prvinces would be interesting... Maybe then they'd let us watch TV shows online... :P
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18133
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 19 Feb 2009 16:31

Drunken Idaho wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:overall, obama's links to Canada (brother in law, members of his administration) will bode well for our bicameral interests. I felt the visit looked amicable and in their press conference tere was a real spirit of collaboration in their words.


"The good news is, we've solved the financial crisis! The Bad news is the US is now part of Canada!"


Hmm, 50 new prvinces would be interesting... Maybe then they'd let us watch TV shows online... :P


...and we can get this whole bacon issue straightened out.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Drunken Idaho
Posts: 1197
Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Drunken Idaho » 19 Feb 2009 16:36

You'd love to straighten my bacon, wouldn't you?
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18133
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 19 Feb 2009 16:42

Someone's got to do it!
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
SandRider
Watermaster
Posts: 6163
Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
Location: In the back of your mind. Always.
Contact:

Postby SandRider » 19 Feb 2009 16:50

were there a bunch of posts dropped, deleted or moved from here ?

I thought I posted about the Alberta oil sands & the coming war between
Canada and Russia over the arctic ?

}edit

ok, I got it now.
y'all givin granpa a headache.
confused me with the "For the Funeral Plain" thread, too ...

I'm cool now, tho ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008


Return to “˱”