SandRider wrote:If you've ever been in a topless fight at 4am in the Waffle House ....
Let's see...Wikipedia (who someone recently told me is my friend) says:
Back bacon is traditionally prepared from brined, center cut boneless pork loin. It is much leaner than American/streaky bacon. It is sometimes called Irish bacon or Canadian bacon, but should not be confused with the round, sliced, smoked ham product called "Canadian Bacon" in much of the United States. In some parts of central Canada, back bacon is primarily prepared and sold as peameal bacon. Although it was originally rolled in ground dried yellow peas, it is now almost exclusively rolled in more readily available cornmeal.
Oooh, that peameal bacon actually sounds interesting!
What exactly is Canadian Back Bacon (Peameal Bacon)?
Gord's Great Canadian Bacon Company has searched for the finest quality and absolutely the best tasting USDA approved boneless cured pork loin (Peameal Bacon) in Canada. Peameal Bacon is a boneless cured pork loin rolled in cornmeal, not what is commonly known in the United States as "Canadian Bacon" which is basically a smoked ham. This unique product of extraordinary quality is now available to you exclusively through Gord's Great Canadian Bacon Company.
* Low in fat
* The only salt-reduced peameal bacon recognized by the Canada Food Inspection Agency
* Slow cured for a better taste and more flavorful peameal
* Versatile menu options
* Available thick or thin sliced, or if you prefer - roast size unsliced
* Healthy eating for your family
* Consistent superior quality and flavor every time - you'll always get what you pay for
* Serve it at any meal, breakfast, lunch dinner
Ach, food is food and it's all good!
(And whatever doesn't keeel you, makes you stronger!)