Jacurutu Facebook Fanpage! (& OH Group)

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Jacurutu Facebook Fanpage! (& OH Group)

Post by Freakzilla »

What do y'all think?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Little Galach

Re: Jacurutu Facebook page?

Post by A Little Galach »

I'm not on facebook, but do it. What could it hurt?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:What do y'all think?
Don't we already have one? There are a number of OH Facebook pages. At one time Omph was working on some kind of integration with this place. I'm not sure where he's at with that.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Not on Facebook either, but it sounds good.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
lotek

Post by lotek »

does this one count?
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?src=ff ... 437&ref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

lotek wrote:does this one count?
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?src=ff ... 437&ref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not really, my idea is to direct people here.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Eyes High wrote:What about this one?

http://www.facebook.com/EyesHigh#!/page ... 455?ref=ts
That's more like it. :D
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Didn't RMQ do that one?
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:
Don't we already have one? There are a number of OH Facebook pages. At one time Omph was working on some kind of integration with this place. I'm not sure where he's at with that.
All I was going to do was add a widget so that people could just hit a button and cross post from here to Facebook. I did not do it because there are several FB pages out there. I can do it if it's desired.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
All I was going to do was add a widget so that people could just hit a button and cross post from here to Facebook. I did not do it because there are several FB pages out there. I can do it if it's desired.
I'm not sure if we want that.
~Pink Snowman
grandmastercrafter

Post by grandmastercrafter »

I'm on, yet frequently not on, FB... but I would love to see this! May get me to use the thing more, who knows? (Privacy concerns being what they are) ;)
THINK CRITICALLY
:auto-gmcredsmiley:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

grandmastercrafter wrote: (Privacy concerns being what they are) ;)
Yeah, I'd hate it if I ran into another Nekhrun Internetopolis!
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Nekhrun wrote:
And I wouldn't trust anyone who had a facebook account that wasn't under their real name. Although it might be a Greek name.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

merkin muffley wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
And I wouldn't trust anyone who had a facebook account that wasn't under their real name. Although it might be a Greek name.
Like Frank Herbert? :wink:
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

grandmastercrafter wrote:I'm on, yet frequently not on, FB... but I would love to see this! May get me to use the thing more, who knows? (Privacy concerns being what they are) ;)

http://www.reclaimprivacy.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/igeneration/t ... ented/5047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
grandmastercrafter

lotek wrote:
grandmastercrafter wrote:I'm on, yet frequently not on, FB... but I would love to see this! May get me to use the thing more, who knows? (Privacy concerns being what they are) ;)

http://www.reclaimprivacy.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/igeneration/t ... ented/5047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sweeeeeet! thx! :handgestures-thumbsup:
THINK CRITICALLY
lotek

Post by lotek »

then again, you only have to protect the info you decide to put there, if you don't put anything no need for much privacy...
At first that was my take on FB, but I am a post whore, how could I let pass an opportunity of more posting?

If you do want to use FB, you can fine tune the settings to your specific needs, it's just that the devs didn't make it easy!
grandmastercrafter

yea - I'll totally jump in. I got a page for family - I'll make another one for everyone else :)
THINK CRITICALLY
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I guess this didn't get off the ground, eh ?

for one thing, I don't think the "Page" is what you'd want, you'd want to use the "Group" thing -
altho, from my limited experience with this Facebook non-sense, they continue to take the Bill-less
Microsoft Strategy of removing features that work well & replacing them with dumbed-down or
unworkable mis-features .... (the "Discussion" tab that had been in Groups was dumped in the last
"upgrade")(as was using "tabs" on the Groups Wall page altogether - if you're looking for a Group's
photos or "Notes" (or "Docs" or whatever), the links are buried between the ads on the right-hand
side of the page ...)

I have been "on" the Facebook for about 2 years now, tho, solely for communication with the
re-enactors (old people got on the Facebook, after granma discovered the only way she was
ever gonna know what was happening with them grankids was to stalk their FB pages ...)
and other "networking" stuff surrounding national SCV & SNC business & events .. (and no,
I ain't gonna tell y'all what my FB sockpuppet is neither - my "FaceBook Friends" are all good
Christian Patriots & I don't need any of you sick fuckers posting shit on my "Wall" that would
offend them and lead me to taking the time to explain shit I couldn't explain away, anyway)

but I have had quite a bit of experience now with setting up and maintaining both "Pages" & "Groups",
and the first thing is that they are both mostly useless & difficult to use (meaning efficient to use) for
the admin & the members .... the Groups have a set of features that are potentially useful, as do the
Pages, but neither have both, combined - and anyway, as soon as you start using one of these useful
features (like say, "Group Discussion", or allowing "likers" of a Page to post photos in the Page's albums)
sure as shit Facebook's gonna change all that up ...

anyway tho, I think I have missed-out on some fun by not having a Sandrider Facebook (like getting banned
from the Official Corporate Dune Facebook &etc) so Imma do that sometime ....

and while I bitch about it alot, I have (sorta) got the hang of the Group & Page thing & would not be unwilling to
fuck about with it for Jacurutu ... I'll look a little later, but in the meantime, if one of you compulsive Facebookers
would compile and post a list of all the Groups & Pages already up related to the OH, I'd appreciate that ...

and as far as the anon goes - why anybody would have an open public Facebook and tons of "Friends"
in their actual name is beyond me; set up another profile with your sietch name

also, and related, I did get an "invite" to the Google+, and I am preparing the Groups & Pages I do for the SCV stuff
&etc for "migration" if the all the old folks do abandon the Facebook ship - but right now, Google+ looks dead
from the standpoint of the same groups of folks (Confederate Living Historians, Southern Nationalist Activists, etc)
that are using the Facebook .... anybody else using the G+ to good effect ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Sand Rider, get the extension Better Facebook, it allows you to strip out as much shit as you want off the Facebook page so it will only show what you want to see. Plus the developer keeps tweaking the code to "fix" and problems that appear when Facebook "improves" their code.

Rob
trang

Post by trang »

I created a "page" for another series I enjoy, Starfist. I also created a Group for an online game from back in the day I play. The constant changes have screwed up both the point I dont fool with anything anymore and just check in and use the wall post mostly. Im working on a server for my DMZ for some things and will eventually migrate it off facebook, or if Google+ ever does get something similar will go there.
The Starfist "Page" is inbetween, they initially gave access create pages so people could advertise, with hopes you would pay for the additional features (admin, advertising, etc) and I didn't do that.

The page has grown to over 200+ folks who like the series too, and shags a new fan ever so often so I does work I guess.

Google plus I think has hit a wall, they just released games which might help, but still working on other things. I check both regularly.

I think a Jacurutu group on Facebook would be redundant, but it might attract even more here.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

lotek

Post by lotek »

Robspierre wrote:Sand Rider, get the extension Better Facebook, it allows you to strip out as much shit as you want off the Facebook page so it will only show what you want to see. Plus the developer keeps tweaking the code to "fix" and problems that appear when Facebook "improves" their code.

Rob
thanks for the hint, this looks quite promising !
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

So a group is what we need?
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Who's running the OH FB Page???

Who is Alexander Habighorst?

PM me.
~Pink Snowman