Kevin J Anderson and I had a chat...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

lotek

Re: Kevin J Anderson and I had a chat...

Post by lotek »

I know I'm tired when I read
Kevin J Anderson and I had a child...

Good night everyone !
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:Besides, we've discussed FH's errors in great detail here (Farok had three arms).
Exactly.

He's just proving his ignorance yet again. And showing that he really does not understand our real complaints.

Fuck him.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

or that he's a douche that knows exactly what he's doing and is telling us "watcha gonna do about it, Imma the one with his hand up bobo's ass"
NotOnasander

Post by NotOnasander »

Besides, we've discussed FH's errors in great detail here (Farok had three arms)
Kevin is a nice guy, I got to meet him in person not to long ago. It was pretty awesome. I agree, Frank made a lot of mistakes, but Brian and Kevin are going through the old novels now and correcting them, there is alot of stuff Frank didn't get about Dune, and it doesn't track very well with the majority of the books. They'll have to be changed to keep the canon non-contradicting. Out with the old in with the new.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

NotOnasander wrote:
Besides, we've discussed FH's errors in great detail here (Farok had three arms)
Kevin is a nice guy, I got to meet him in person not to long ago. It was pretty awesome. I agree, Frank made a lot of mistakes, but Brian and Kevin are going through the old novels now and correcting them, there is alot of stuff Frank didn't get about Dune, and it doesn't track very well with the majority of the books. They'll have to be changed to keep the canon non-contradicting. Out with the old in with the new.
That was subtle. :roll:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Omphalos wrote:
NotOnasander wrote:
That was subtle. :roll:
You really tried to put some thought into this didn't you?
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
lotek

Post by lotek »

Well the crazed nutter running around with a feathered duster up the bum and a tin foil hat always gets attention.
Is it the kind of attention you'd want ?

I doubt it but hey what do I know about nutters and trolling ?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

NotOnasander wrote:Brian and Kevin are going through the old novels now and correcting them, there is alot of stuff Frank didn't get about Dune, and it doesn't track very well with the majority of the books. They'll have to be changed to keep the canon non-contradicting. Out with the old in with the new.
Sounds good to me. I'll be correcting your posts in the same way.
NotOnasander wrote:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nekhrun wrote:
NotOnasander wrote:
:laughing-rolling:

Nice.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Look at the massivity of arms that is Jabecca! :o
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Nameless Swordsman

Post by Nameless Swordsman »

lotek wrote:
I wrote:
captain ahack and his white whale wrote:“The “glaring inconsistencies” the Talifan complain about have all been addressed in the novels, but they don’t–or don’t want to–read very carefully. The fact that they have not attacked the “glaring inconsistencies” in the original Frank Herbert books with the same vehemence seems a bit of a double standard.””
Well boohoo !
First of all we’ve been reading Dune carefully for years and you sir, write monkey fanfic at best. That defense “they’re not smart enough to understand” is laughable : we have some of the most knowlegeable people online on the subject and the Cast Out can boast having the only english speaking website still active. (Where’s Byron by the way ? Tumbleweeds don’t make the best users you know.. but they have the intellectual level required for your drivel so there you go)

Secondly we did not set any double standards, you did… You did by thinking stealing the franchise from the HLP would give you the credit you think you deserve.
Well I’ve got news for you, it doesn’t work that way The simple fact you seem to really believe your PR BS shows how far away from the truth you are.
Time will tell, and you will be long forgotten when Frank’s work will still shine high above, far from your stinking paws. You have no immortality.

And to finish, Talifan huh ? How inventive ? I’m so hurt by your shimmering wit… What ? You did not come up with it ? Really ?
We are the Iduali, the Jacurutu Cast Out, you have sold Fremen for their water and you wear a collar.

Publish the notes, I dare you.
Damn. A-men, Brother Jay.. :clap:

I loved that last part.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
- Sun Tzu

My fellow members of the Jacurutu; of this Sietch - let Water be a bond between us.
-Nameless Swordsman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Yeah I was a bit angry.
Nameless Swordsman

Post by Nameless Swordsman »

lotek wrote:Yeah I was a bit angry.
It was extremely well-written and poignant, though. ;)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
- Sun Tzu

My fellow members of the Jacurutu; of this Sietch - let Water be a bond between us.
-Nameless Swordsman
Pinky&theBrian

Post by Pinky&theBrian »

Nekhrun wrote: 06 Dec 2011 18:43 Haven't read the link yet, but is this another venue for him to spout his, "No one can be as good as Frank," and "we're the biggest Dune fans," bullshit?
What they're trying to say is they are the biggest Dune fans because they're the only ones who understand that the ending of Chapterhouse Dune is a cliffhanger.
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile
distrans

Post by distrans »

it can be read so many different ways i find choosing one offensive...