Kevin J Anderson and I had a chat...

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

houseofwilliams

Kevin J Anderson and I had a chat...

Post by houseofwilliams »

It's ongoing at this point. But come check it out! Thanks to a discussion forum at goodreads, a fan of KJA and the new Dune books (McDune) suggested I come take part in a facebook forum moderated by Mr. KJA himself! No sooner had a I posted a defense of my forum on goodreads than KJA himself came to answer me! There's been some back and forth, I've attempted to be civil as possible, but also honest. It's not everyday you get to confront the man who's work you think sucks, so I thought I'd be polite! And in the course of things, I'm getting to hear his replies to all the usual challenges those of us who don't like his books are known to make. So far, his responses and those of his defenders have been quite predictable and consistent. Come see the convo and my thoughts on it thus far:

http://storiesbywilliams.com/2011/12/06 ... seriously/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.facebook.com/groups/22286463 ... p_activity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Kevin J Anderson and I had a chat...

Post by SandChigger »

That's how I came to really hate The Hack... by interacting with him directly. Push him just enough and he'll show you his fangs. ;)

(Has he offered to send you a copy of one of his Saggy Seven books yet? :lol: )

(By the way, I wonder if Mary on Goodreads is the one I crossed with a while back... :think: Will have to check. If so, she's wants some new dictahiker dic-tation so bad she's gagging for it. ;) )
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Haven't read the link yet, but is this another venue for him to spout his, "No one can be as good as Frank," and "we're the biggest Dune fans," bullshit?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
lotek

Post by lotek »

you sir, are a brave man to expose yourself to such douchebaggery, they accuse "us" to repeat the same arguments ?
Sweet effin jeezuss...

At least it reminds me why I can't forget or forgive the excitement I felt when finding out about the notes and the realization of what I just read.
I never heard his name before, I wish I never had (and yes I'm prepared to be hit on the head if that could erase mc dune from my mind)

I commented on your blog and tried to keep it civil.

Here I don't have to and that man is either really stupid or pretending really well he is so he doesn't have to answer simple questions.

You have to prove you are a genius in your art before you are given the option of telling people they don't understand. But again, we see time after time his need for recognition...
It must hurt even him to only be admired by idiots... Anyway, thanks for sharing this, I think.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
lotek

Post by lotek »

oh and I'm banned from his facebook page so it'll have to be pics or it didn't happen
houseofwilliams

Post by houseofwilliams »

lotek, oh you did. And great point btw! Someone on the FB page mentioned Lucas. I recommended they not mention him. He's right up there with KJA on my "you screwed the pooch" list!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

BTW, I've been in touch w/ Ian Hamilton; he's agreed to submit a Writ of Reduction at the next conclave on clan McDune,
based on the absence of any living male heirs - they'll be folded-into clan McDouchbag, with no voting rights ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Slugger

Post by Slugger »

I still can't believe he actually uses the term "Talifan." What an unprofessional idiot.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

OK, I just read the links...

The arrogance of that fuck to even suggest that his "writing" is anything other than disrespectful to the overall theme of Dune that we must be careful not to put our hopes and faith in a hero to save us is simply mind-blowing. We have it in Frank's own words, how many ways does he have to say it? Then this hack comes in with his brain dead cash cow of a "co-author" and gives us the exact opposite. It's beyond offensive.

Save me Normacle, save me!

Also, englobement, robots, Paul's birthplace, living brains in jars, Torondo, water worms, OM Alia in the Baron ghola, Tleilaxu females, Fremen coin diving, shapeshifting Leto, the Baron's diseases and weight, invisibility, mind-bombs, Muadru...

I'm done for now... Fuck those guys.

Edit: Oh yeah, Paul joins the circus, amphibious humans, ultra-spice, mega-worms...
Last edited by Nekhrun on 07 Dec 2011 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:OK, I just read the links...

The arrogance of that fuck to even suggest that his "writing" is anything other than disrespectful to the overall theme of Dune that we must be careful not to put our hopes and faith in a hero to save us is simply mind-blowing. We have it in Frank's own words, how many ways does he have to say it? Then this hack comes in with his brain dead cash cow of a "co-author" and gives us the exact opposite. It's beyond offensive.

Save me Normacle, save me!

Also, englobement, robots, Paul's birthplace, living brains in jars, Torondo, water worms, OM Alia in the Baron ghola, Tleilaxu females, Fremen coin diving, shapeshifting Leto, the Baron's diseases and weight, invisibility, mind-bombs, Muadru...

I'm done for now... Fuck those guys.

WORD!!!!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I, too, read some of the facebook page ... and subject-matter not withstanding, the content
of the posts are lame ... as are goddamn all of Keith's Special Friend's posts, Over There, on
the Corporate Dune Forum, random blahgs, etc.

I mean, fuck, even if I disagree with the opinion, I'll always respect & appreciate a clever,
witty, or satirical post ... that's what the internet is for, you drooling tards, entertainment ...

entertain me or GTFO
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

OM Alia in the Baron ghola
:tissue2:

Damn they did that too ?

Monkeys with a dictahiker indeed.

Everytime I start to think I should not get al worked up for a book, these morons remind me why I hate their fat guts.

Thanks for keeping the Jihad alive Keith !
lotek

Post by lotek »

I wrote:
captain ahack and his white whale wrote:“The “glaring inconsistencies” the Talifan complain about have all been addressed in the novels, but they don’t–or don’t want to–read very carefully. The fact that they have not attacked the “glaring inconsistencies” in the original Frank Herbert books with the same vehemence seems a bit of a double standard.””
Well boohoo !
First of all we’ve been reading Dune carefully for years and you sir, write monkey fanfic at best. That defense “they’re not smart enough to understand” is laughable : we have some of the most knowlegeable people online on the subject and the Cast Out can boast having the only english speaking website still active. (Where’s Byron by the way ? Tumbleweeds don’t make the best users you know.. but they have the intellectual level required for your drivel so there you go)

Secondly we did not set any double standards, you did… You did by thinking stealing the franchise from the HLP would give you the credit you think you deserve.
Well I’ve got news for you, it doesn’t work that way The simple fact you seem to really believe your PR BS shows how far away from the truth you are.
Time will tell, and you will be long forgotten when Frank’s work will still shine high above, far from your stinking paws. You have no immortality.

And to finish, Talifan huh ? How inventive ? I’m so hurt by your shimmering wit… What ? You did not come up with it ? Really ?
We are the Iduali, the Jacurutu Cast Out, you have sold Fremen for their water and you wear a collar.

Publish the notes, I dare you.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:clap:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Wow. :shock:

I'm impressed. :clap: :clap: :clap:

(Btw, did anyone list "fart contests" above?)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:Wow. :shock:

I'm impressed. :clap: :clap: :clap:

(Btw, did anyone list "fart contests" above?)
Freakzilla wrote::clap:
I'm flattered :)

It's just the same shit he comes up with so often so I had this in mind for quite a while but never found the right words.
And I only random selected annoying BS, there is so much more to say, as you all know.
SandChigger wrote:(Btw, did anyone list "fart contests" above?)
huh ?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

In Grunters, the Baron ghola and its creator engaged in fart contests.

Fucking. Fart. Contests. :evil:

In Dune. :angry-screaming:

"Those sounds could be imitated!"

I guess it proves KJA watched the redub, too. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:In Grunters, the Baron ghola and its creator engaged in fart contests.

Fucking. Fart. Contests. :evil:

In Dune. :angry-screaming:

"Those sounds could be imitated!"

I guess it proves KJA watched the redub, too. :roll:
I'm speechless... and I actually remember this now, it's gonna take some drinking to do that again.

This comes to mind
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTGkSSCg ... re=related[/youtube]
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Wait, he called it a double standard for us to criticize his terrible mistakes within Dune but not Frank's? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!
:evil:

As far as I'm concerned Frank could have shit all over dune with errors and plot holes and I wouldn't give a rat's Ass because IT'S HIS FUCKING CREATION! GOD DAMN MORON.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Crysknife wrote:Wait, he called it a double standard for us to criticize his terrible mistakes within Dune but not Frank's? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!
:evil:

As far as I'm concerned Frank could have shit all over dune with errors and plot holes and I wouldn't give a rat's Ass because IT'S HIS FUCKING CREATION! GOD DAMN MORON.
Don't forget that if Frank Herbert had filled his work with errors, dumbfuck plots et cetera it would NEVER have become the classic it has. TehKJA is just to dumb to understand this simple difference between his drivel and that of an actual piece of literature.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
lotek

Post by lotek »

Serkanner wrote: TehKJA is just to dumb to understand this simple difference between his drivel and that of an actual piece of literature.
yes that was also what I tried to convey when replying that you don't call yourself a genius to make it happen.
But I think that he knows he's shit, and that he will never be a critical darling.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Besides, we've discussed FH's errors in great detail here (Farok had three arms).
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Yeah that's a pretty weak accusation - we've found more mistakes in the originals than FH probably even knew about. :roll:
trang

Post by trang »

Mistakes in dune??? frank Herberts Dune???? blasphemy!!!..........jk.

Two words for KJA/BH, with all the hate that hell can muster.

Fuck you
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

trang wrote:Two words for KJA/BH, with all the hate that hell can muster.

Fuck you
Bi-lal kaifa. :lol: :clap:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie