Registration Problems!

    What's New

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18256
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Registration Problems!

Postby Freakzilla » 03 Nov 2010 20:42

If you can't register/post email me at james9471@yahoo.com
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: GOD DAMNIT!

Postby SandChigger » 04 Nov 2010 04:06

Well... that's a good start. :lol:

Maybe add something like "(Registration Problems)" to the end of the title? ;)

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18256
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: GOD DAMNIT!

Postby Freakzilla » 04 Nov 2010 06:15

SandChigger wrote:Well... that's a good start. :lol:

Maybe add something like "(Registration Problems)" to the end of the title? ;)


Good idea. I must have been drinking... and it wasn't even Thursday. :snooty:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby SandChigger » 04 Nov 2010 13:34

:lol:

I think the original title expressed the sentiment of someone having trouble pretty well, but the new one is probably more helpful! :)

User avatar
Shaitan
Posts: 292
Joined: 27 Aug 2010 22:52
Location: Freeport, Maine USA
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Shaitan » 04 Nov 2010 18:51

I'm glad I got in while the getting was good! 8-)
"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
"Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby SandChigger » 04 Nov 2010 19:21

Huh? Nah, it's just that the mail server goes blinky occasionally and that prevents the board from sending out the email that allows people to complete the registration process. But I believe there's a queue of new members whose registration is pending which the admins can use to approve people directly, bypassing the need for an email reply. Of course, if the mail is down, the board can't notify the admins that there are pending registrations... a vicious circle. ;)

User avatar
Shaitan
Posts: 292
Joined: 27 Aug 2010 22:52
Location: Freeport, Maine USA
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Shaitan » 04 Nov 2010 19:25

SandChigger wrote:Huh? Nah, it's just that the mail server goes blinky occasionally and that prevents the board from sending out the email that allows people to complete the registration process. But I believe there's a queue of new members whose registration is pending which the admins can use to approve people directly, bypassing the need for an email reply. Of course, if the mail is down, the board can't notify the admins that there are pending registrations... a vicious circle. ;)


I know, I was just being....well, me. A goof.
"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
"Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby SandChigger » 04 Nov 2010 19:31

Yeah... I see that from the other threads now. :lol:

I was just thinking it might give the wrong impression that registration was being restricted in some way...

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Omphalos » 21 Oct 2012 20:43

Hi all. T(A)U and Jacurutu were down for a bit today. As you surf around let me know if you find any corrupted areas so we can fix them.

Thanks.

-The Management

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2867
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Serkanner » 22 Oct 2012 01:50

Omphalos wrote:Hi all. T(A)U and Jacurutu were down for a bit today. As you surf around let me know if you find any corrupted areas so we can fix them.

Thanks.

-The Management


It was the worst Sunday of my life. :cry:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Omphalos » 22 Oct 2012 11:59

Serkanner wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Hi all. T(A)U and Jacurutu were down for a bit today. As you surf around let me know if you find any corrupted areas so we can fix them.

Thanks.

-The Management


It was the worst Sunday of my life. :cry:


I was up in the hills of NorCal picking apples when Nekhrun PM'ed me over on FB. And Raggy was apparently makin' sweet, sweet love, so nobody could get to it for a while.

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2867
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Serkanner » 22 Oct 2012 13:30

Omphalos wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Hi all. T(A)U and Jacurutu were down for a bit today. As you surf around let me know if you find any corrupted areas so we can fix them.

Thanks.

-The Management


It was the worst Sunday of my life. :cry:


I was up in the hills of NorCal picking apples when Nekhrun PM'ed me over on FB. And Raggy was apparently makin' sweet, sweet love, so nobody could get to it for a while.


You're forgiven.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Omphalos » 05 Nov 2013 17:41

Aaaaaaaaaand, were back. Sorry about that. I have no idea how long we were down. I checked yesterday afternoon and got the blue screen of death.

What happened: Remember the last snafu when the main disk went all kerflooey? We put a new one in back then and copied everything over. As it turns out the old one never got disconnected. It finally went tits up and crashed the system such that it could no longer boot. Its now been physically removed from the system. And harmony has been restored.

Thank to Raggy, not me.

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Omphalos » 14 Aug 2019 16:35

Fucking Russian spambots are raining on us lately.

georgiedenbro
Posts: 846
Joined: 11 Jun 2014 13:56
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby georgiedenbro » 15 Aug 2019 11:29

I'll be curious to hear what's behind that spooky post...
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"

User avatar
lotek
Posts: 5775
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby lotek » 15 Aug 2019 12:47

we're still getting masses of spam registration emails and having a hard time sorting all of them out manually...
Spice is the worm's gonads.

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2867
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Serkanner » 16 Aug 2019 11:04

lotek wrote:we're still getting masses of spam registration emails and having a hard time sorting all of them out manually...


If you need some additional hands to help out, don't hesitate to ask me.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
lotek
Posts: 5775
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby lotek » 02 Sep 2019 07:47

Serkanner wrote:
lotek wrote:we're still getting masses of spam registration emails and having a hard time sorting all of them out manually...


If you need some additional hands to help out, don't hesitate to ask me.


Well that would be a welcome relief, we still need to work on better filters but it's a bit outside of my knowledge, I've always relied on people who knew that sort of stuff.
We could elevate you to admin, have you got any experience in the field.
Procedure is pretty straightforward, just a bit tedious.
Spice is the worm's gonads.

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18256
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Freakzilla » 02 Sep 2019 07:50

lotek wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
lotek wrote:we're still getting masses of spam registration emails and having a hard time sorting all of them out manually...


If you need some additional hands to help out, don't hesitate to ask me.


Well that would be a welcome relief, we still need to work on better filters but it's a bit outside of my knowledge, I've always relied on people who knew that sort of stuff.
We could elevate you to admin, have you got any experience in the field.
Procedure is pretty straightforward, just a bit tedious.


Yes, we do!
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2867
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Serkanner » 03 Sep 2019 13:06

I have had my own small board a few years ago for a whole different hobby. I understand the way these boards work (to a certain level of course) and will gladly help out with hunt and seek the spam accounts et cetera.

EDIT: and of course after I post this I see that I have been elevated :)
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18256
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Freakzilla » 03 Sep 2019 16:29

Serkanner wrote:EDIT: and of course after I post this I see that I have been elevated :)


Don't ban anybody... except spambots :D
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2867
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Serkanner » 04 Sep 2019 02:22

Freakzilla wrote:
Serkanner wrote:EDIT: and of course after I post this I see that I have been elevated :)


Don't ban anybody... except spambots :D


On my own small board I had the rul to not only never ban anybody, I also had a policy of not removing any posts. I made a special forum where I moved the posts you would usually delete. There they remained for all to see how assholes can behave.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18256
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby Freakzilla » 04 Sep 2019 16:16

Serkanner wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Serkanner wrote:EDIT: and of course after I post this I see that I have been elevated :)


Don't ban anybody... except spambots :D


On my own small board I had the rul to not only never ban anybody, I also had a policy of not removing any posts. I made a special forum where I moved the posts you would usually delete. There they remained for all to see how assholes can behave.


Pretty much what we have here :D
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
lotek
Posts: 5775
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

Re: Registration Problems!

Postby lotek » 05 Sep 2019 05:55

Serkanner wrote:IEDIT: and of course after I post this I see that I have been elevated :)


The Divided Admin :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.