• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Registration Problems!

    Image
      What's New

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Registration Problems!

    Postby Freakzilla » 03 Nov 2010 20:42

    If you can't register/post email me at james9471@yahoo.com
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18057
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: GOD DAMNIT!

    Postby SandChigger » 04 Nov 2010 04:06

    Well... that's a good start. :lol:

    Maybe add something like "(Registration Problems)" to the end of the title? ;)
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: GOD DAMNIT!

    Postby Freakzilla » 04 Nov 2010 06:15

    SandChigger wrote:Well... that's a good start. :lol:

    Maybe add something like "(Registration Problems)" to the end of the title? ;)


    Good idea. I must have been drinking... and it wasn't even Thursday. :snooty:
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18057
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Registration Problems!

    Postby SandChigger » 04 Nov 2010 13:34

    :lol:

    I think the original title expressed the sentiment of someone having trouble pretty well, but the new one is probably more helpful! :)
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Registration Problems!

    Postby Shaitan » 04 Nov 2010 18:51

    I'm glad I got in while the getting was good! 8-)
    "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
    "Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ
    User avatar
    Shaitan
     
    Posts: 292
    Joined: 27 Aug 2010 22:52
    Location: Freeport, Maine USA

    Re: Registration Problems!

    Postby SandChigger » 04 Nov 2010 19:21

    Huh? Nah, it's just that the mail server goes blinky occasionally and that prevents the board from sending out the email that allows people to complete the registration process. But I believe there's a queue of new members whose registration is pending which the admins can use to approve people directly, bypassing the need for an email reply. Of course, if the mail is down, the board can't notify the admins that there are pending registrations... a vicious circle. ;)
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Registration Problems!

    Postby Shaitan » 04 Nov 2010 19:25

    SandChigger wrote:Huh? Nah, it's just that the mail server goes blinky occasionally and that prevents the board from sending out the email that allows people to complete the registration process. But I believe there's a queue of new members whose registration is pending which the admins can use to approve people directly, bypassing the need for an email reply. Of course, if the mail is down, the board can't notify the admins that there are pending registrations... a vicious circle. ;)


    I know, I was just being....well, me. A goof.
    "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
    "Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ
    User avatar
    Shaitan
     
    Posts: 292
    Joined: 27 Aug 2010 22:52
    Location: Freeport, Maine USA

    Re: Registration Problems!

    Postby SandChigger » 04 Nov 2010 19:31

    Yeah... I see that from the other threads now. :lol:

    I was just thinking it might give the wrong impression that registration was being restricted in some way...
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Registration Problems!

    Postby Omphalos » 21 Oct 2012 20:43

    Hi all. T(A)U and Jacurutu were down for a bit today. As you surf around let me know if you find any corrupted areas so we can fix them.

    Thanks.

    -The Management
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6571
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Registration Problems!

    Postby Serkanner » 22 Oct 2012 01:50

    Omphalos wrote:Hi all. T(A)U and Jacurutu were down for a bit today. As you surf around let me know if you find any corrupted areas so we can fix them.

    Thanks.

    -The Management


    It was the worst Sunday of my life. :cry:
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

    “There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

    Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    User avatar
    Serkanner
     
    Posts: 2803
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
    Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

    Re: Registration Problems!

    Postby Omphalos » 22 Oct 2012 11:59

    Serkanner wrote:
    Omphalos wrote:Hi all. T(A)U and Jacurutu were down for a bit today. As you surf around let me know if you find any corrupted areas so we can fix them.

    Thanks.

    -The Management


    It was the worst Sunday of my life. :cry:


    I was up in the hills of NorCal picking apples when Nekhrun PM'ed me over on FB. And Raggy was apparently makin' sweet, sweet love, so nobody could get to it for a while.
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6571
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Registration Problems!

    Postby Serkanner » 22 Oct 2012 13:30

    Omphalos wrote:
    Serkanner wrote:
    Omphalos wrote:Hi all. T(A)U and Jacurutu were down for a bit today. As you surf around let me know if you find any corrupted areas so we can fix them.

    Thanks.

    -The Management


    It was the worst Sunday of my life. :cry:


    I was up in the hills of NorCal picking apples when Nekhrun PM'ed me over on FB. And Raggy was apparently makin' sweet, sweet love, so nobody could get to it for a while.


    You're forgiven.
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

    “There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

    Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    User avatar
    Serkanner
     
    Posts: 2803
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
    Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

    Re: Registration Problems!

    Postby Omphalos » 05 Nov 2013 17:41

    Aaaaaaaaaand, were back. Sorry about that. I have no idea how long we were down. I checked yesterday afternoon and got the blue screen of death.

    What happened: Remember the last snafu when the main disk went all kerflooey? We put a new one in back then and copied everything over. As it turns out the old one never got disconnected. It finally went tits up and crashed the system such that it could no longer boot. Its now been physically removed from the system. And harmony has been restored.

    Thank to Raggy, not me.
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6571
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California


    Return to ˲

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

    cron