Chiggerblog: HairyTicks of Dune

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

Chiggerblog: HairyTicks of Dune

Post by SandRider »

I searched around, but couldn't find a thread devoted just to the chiggerblog ....

anyway, got a problem (?) ....

Chig, I'm using FireFox 3.somethin' (not upgrading until the theme I use is compatible)
and the RSS-feed reader "Brief" .... I'm getting your feeds in blocks every few days,
instead of as they are posted ... so, today, I got a comment feed going back to last
Wednesday ... the feeds for posts and comments are separate, and the actual post
feeds seem to take much longer to get here, maybe a week or more ...

is this me or you ? everything else set to funnel into the reader comes thru day-of ...
I didn't have an updated feed of posts, and after looking at your page, went back
to "brief" and clicked the update on that feed - nothing available, altho I'm looking
at two new posts not yet sent here ....

the only other feed that acted similar was the user-boards at ancestry.com ... reader
said "no updates", but I was looking at new posts on the site ...

I know the obvious answer is to hit your site every day, but I like relying on the RSS
to keep me updated quickly ...

this could've been handled in PM or on your blahg, but I feel like pimpin' ....
and this board needs a thread devoted to the most vicious, libelous, hate-filled,
bile-infested, obscene and filthy site this side of fuckyouchan.org ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Re: Chiggerblog: HairyTicks of Dune

Post by lotek »

whatever you do, don't fowrget your welmet!
:mrgreen:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

lotek wrote:whatever you do, don't fowrget your welmet!
lotek, you need to brush up on your 16th century salutations, or were you exercising you sense of irony. :D Whichever you know SC's gonna rip you a new one when he sees that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sorry, not really sure what to tell you, 'Rider. :(

Right now there should be three entries in the posts feed and about 28 entries in the comments thread (ranging from May 12 to this morning).

I haven't really ever looked into how the RSS feed sections of the blogware work, but I imagine it's like everything else and the blog generates them on the fly whenever anyone accesses the feed. But there may be a cron process that only runs when I make a new post. ???

How often is your RSS reader (Brief?) set to check the feed?

(Had to load the image in a new page, lotek. "Welcome & Welmet" is a joke, not an inadvertent mistake. I believe I used it here before as well. ;) )
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

reader checks for updates each time firefox opens,
which is every time I get online,I close it down when
I cut the dial-up connection, and checks all links every
half-hour I'm online ...

f'instance, I just plugged-in, and have 8 unread items (all Twits from Keith from this afternoon)

btw, what an asshole that Anderson guy is ....
bitching about friendly girls at Wal-Mart ...
and why is a rich, successful Best-selling blah-blah-blah doing his own shopping at Wal-Mart ?

and isn't Keith the kind of shitheel who'd have lots of bad things to say about Wal-Mart,
mocking and deriding the "kind" of people who shop there ?

:asshole-smiley:
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I think he wants people to think he's still one of the "little people", that he still knows which side his shit is buttered on.

Or something like that. :lol:

He's a dick, pure and simple, and he's going to bitch about something no matter what.

If the cashier had been rude to him or shortchanged him, he would have bitched about it.
Instead they were nice to him and chatty and smiled and he still bitched about it.

Sure, you just want to pay for your shit and get the hell out of the place, but DOES IT REALLY FUCKING KILL YOU TO BE PLEASANT.

FUCKING DICK. A space rock should fall on his head and the heat of impact cause his combover to catch fire and he should burn up and die shrieking.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

How cool is this:

I was searching through my site access logs and discovered about 149 hits on the blog last year from an IP address that resolves to Monument, Colorado.

ISP name... Wordfire, Inc. :lol:

Nah, no one in KJA's camp pays any attention to what we're saying. :P
lotek

Post by lotek »

yeah why would anyone at wordfire want to read the rantings of a few internet stalkers and Dune crazies huh?
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

SandChigger wrote:How cool is this:

I was searching through my site access logs and discovered about 149 hits on the blog last year from an IP address that resolves to Monument, Colorado.

What a tool. Doesn't even know how to use a backdoor when snooping ... :lol:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
lotek

Post by lotek »

he knows how to use a backporch
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

How do you do that, I want to see how many times he visits here?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Little Galach

Post by A Little Galach »

In my mind that is the most damning thing I have read/heard about KJA. If he is actually reading the thoughts of the irrelevant crazy people that don't get his stuff...150 times... it seems he is lying, fishing for ideas and looking for ways to either improve or cover his tracks retroactively in the next book.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:I was searching through my site access logs and discovered about 149 hits on the blog last year from an IP address that resolves to Monument, Colorado.
That's just beautiful.

The "international bestselling author" really does regularly check in to see what "a few disgruntled" Dune fans have to say. :dance:

Next question: how often does he check in here? My guess is that it's more often than he'd care to admit ...

Hey, he might be lurking now!

Kevin! Kevin! Over here!

Fuck you, hack.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
lotek

Post by lotek »

:text-yeahthat:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sorry, if I gave you the wrong impression: that was 150-some entry lines in the files; that doesn't mean they visited that many times! If you access the front page of my site, for example, the server would record a separate line for each image in the layout theme, the HTML page code, Javascript files, etc. So one page load might create anywhere from five to ten or more lines. (This "Post a reply" page loaded 96 items—mostly smileys and other images—from the Jacurutu server, for example.) There were probably 10 or so visits over a several-month period. It's not like they were reading me every day!
Freakzilla wrote:How do you do that, I want to see how many times he visits here?
You just need a copy of the access logs and search them. I don't know if Omph or Ragabash keep them, but I've downloaded and kept copies of mine since I started my site.

I was just glancing through my Sitemeter location hits (they're kinda fun sometimes; interesting result for the day: someone in Hungary ended up on HToD after googling for Dune Concordance; bizarre hit: someone in Finland googling for "www.hairy.fi" :shock: The other day someone was looking for "hairy sisters" :lol: ) and I noticed that someone had ended up on the site after searching for my real name. (Or for someone with the same given name and surname and middle initial. I'm not the only one out there.) After the Hardwoody incident (and Swordmaster bullshit last year), I decided to search through the logs for searches for my surname. There were only a few, so I started looking up the IP addresses. And boom, there was the Wordfire record. Edit: So I went back and searched all the log files for that particular IP address. [/end edit]

I'm a little confused by it, though. Because I didn't think Wordfire was a provider per se, so I'm not sure why it comes up as one. But that's the way the IP address resolves.
CustName: WORDFIRE INC
NetType: Reassigned
Comment: Contact - REBECCA ANDERSON
Maybe that "Reassigned" bit (about a range of IP addresses) would make sense to Ragabash?

Anyway, this was from April 2009. The last time anyone accessed my site from the same IP address was February of this year. I didn't see any mention of Jacurutu, just Twitter & blog hits.

Edit: There's nothing says it was KJA doing the looking. It could have been Rebecca. Could have been one of the cats. ;)
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Couldn't that be caused by one of them clicking a link posted at their wordfire site?
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:Edit: There's nothing says it was KJA doing the looking.
Yeah, but it's funnier that way ... :)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Could have been one of the cats. ;)
That must be who's looking at pr0n from my computer.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Mandy wrote:Couldn't that be caused by one of them clicking a link posted at their wordfire site?
That would just show Wordfire.com, and the page where the link was, as the referring URL. (That's how I got Hardwoody to click the link to HToD in his web meter results and record a hit in my error log.) This actually reports the IP address as belonging to Wordfire.com.

It's like right now, I'm accessing Jacurutu from home, so each page I load should record in the server logs with an IP address for a Fukushima access point owned by a Japanese provider called SoNet. Even if I post a link to Jacurutu on my blog and click it, the Jacurutu logs should only show my home provider's IP address (with a referring URL from the blog). This is almost like they have their own server and are surfing from it.

Some kind of proxy, maybe? I don't know. I am not The Tidwell, after all. :lol:
Freakzilla wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Could have been one of the cats. ;)
That must be who's looking at pr0n from my computer.
Yeah, that must be it. :roll:

:lol:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:

Ive been thinking about dropping google analytics here. I have it at T(A)U and it tells me all I need to know.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Ive been thinking about dropping google analytics here. I have it at T(A)U and it tells me all I need to know.
It's not that big a deal, I was just curious. You could put it on the list though.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

once again for you lurkers, (Hi, Byron !)
I'd just like to point out how thoroughly and reflexively honest
The SandChigger is ....

he was very quick to point out that while this is an interesting bit of information,
it does not prove that Spanky was in the chiggerblahg everyday, or that it was
Spanky himself, and clarified what the "hits" could be, providing alternate explanations ...

I cannot imagine Spanky or Merritt doing this ...
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Of course, they wouldn't have to, really.

We make no secret of the fact that we visit their sites and watch & respond to what they're doing. :lol:
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Hey Chig, some of the comments from the latest post, "Stupid Facebook McDune Fans" seem to have disappeared. :?:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Someone oughta start an unofficial Dune Facebook page where we repost every single thing that they post at the Dune Facebook, then we can comment. Maybe even create a user called "McByron" to do the posting.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!