Who We Are and What We Stand For

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

merkin muffley

Re: Who We Are and What We Stand For

Post by merkin muffley »

SandChigger wrote:I should have phrased that, "I don't accept that designation."

There may be others here who choose to use it, to twist it around on KJA and his minions and bear it with pride. :)
If a "talifan" and has an "agenda" because they think that the prequels are terrible and, in fact, some of the worst writing they've ever been exposed to, then I suppose I fit into that category. KJA is not going to make me back down from that opinion by accusing me of being unreasonable. I wanted nothing more than for these new books to be good. I love the characters and the ideas in Dune but, unfortunately, the characters in the prequels are flat and unrecognizable and there are no ideas to speak of.

This is also just my personal thing and my own sense of humor. It is a really annoying and spiteful thing for KJA to say, and he's clearly wrong. I'm sorry, Kevin, but it's just bad writing.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

The reason I don't like the term "Talifan" is that it compares us to terrorists. We are not cowardly guerrilla fighters, we are willing to stand toe-to-toe and fight in the open.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Brian Herbert is talentless, in many areas of life, that's just a given ....

by accident of birth, he has retained the rights to Frank's works; that's okay, too ...

"The Family" decided, after a more-than-decent interval from Frank's death,
to re-start the series, and make some money, and along the way, initially, I'm
sure they thought they would be furthering Frank's works and memory ....

Enter AssHat Pickle Fucker .....

had Brian teamed up with an equally mediocre comic-book hack, and turned out
some low-grade YA franchise milk-cows, and presented it as such,
I'd've been dissapointed, but not personally angry ...

however ....

these yahoos have had the gall to present their crap as equal to Frank's work,
and let's not forget the (now) obvious ploy of the mysterious "notes" ...

atleast with Brian and his lack of basic internet ability, I've not had to suffer thru
the extreme obnoxiousness of "TehKJA", telling the world at every goddamn opportunity
how great of a snake-oil salesman he is - but the worse part, the poor fool is so utterly
confused and reality-deprived, I believe he now believes himself, and thinks he is
truly one of "Giants of Science Fiction" - when the (obvious) truth is that the manatees
that push the plot balls thru the hoops for the Original SyFy Movies have more talent ....
and intelligence ... and social skills .... and basic humanity ....

Kevin J. Anderson is a shitheel, a horrible human being, an asshole - if this were not the case,
I could forgive the wretched writing & pimping of Frank's Dune; in the same way that I never got
excised over the silly D&D things taken directly from Tolkien .... one is serious Art, for adults,
the other is the watered-down simple stuff for the children .... Kevin J. Anderson is a boy-man
writing for other children ....

plus, as has been stated, he simply cannot open his fat, greasy mouth without something
seriously stupid falling out of it .... and that's just good entertainment ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:The reason I don't like the term "Talifan" is that it compares us to terrorists. We are not cowardly guerrilla fighters, we are willing to stand toe-to-toe and fight in the open.
I don't like Talifan.. but he did use it to attack long time fans of Frank Herbert and Dune. This is how he thinks - HIS Dune or no Dune. The word is a reminder.

(Great post btw :))
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:The reason I don't like the term "Talifan" is that it compares us to terrorists. We are not cowardly guerrilla fighters, we are willing to stand toe-to-toe and fight in the open.
I don't like Talifan.. but he did use it to attack long time fans of Frank Herbert and Dune. This is how he thinks - HIS Dune or no Dune. The word is a reminder.

(Great post btw :))
I kind of agree with you, it's a reminder that KJA's initial response to criticism was insults and name calling.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Plus, as in all things he does, Anderdick just stole "Talifan" anyway. It was that bitchy Star Wars EU author — a legitimate harpy, apparently — who came up with it to describe the "haters" who were telling her how much she sucked. :lol:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

TheDukester wrote:Plus, as in all things he does, Anderdick just stole "Talifan" anyway. It was that bitchy Star Wars EU author — a legitimate harpy, apparently — who came up with it to describe the "haters" who were telling her how much she sucked. :lol:
Excellent point, my good man! The Hack has to "work inside someone else's universe" when he's insulting us, too.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Omphalos wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Plus, as in all things he does, Anderdick just stole "Talifan" anyway. It was that bitchy Star Wars EU author — a legitimate harpy, apparently — who came up with it to describe the "haters" who were telling her how much she sucked. :lol:
Excellent point, my good man! The Hack has to "work inside someone else's universe" when he's insulting us, too.
:laughing:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
lotek

Post by lotek »

Tleszer wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
:laughing:
why am i not surprised?

It was actually too good a play on word to have originated in the fat folds of that thief's brain!
(Keith the thief)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Onasander

Post by Onasander »

You can't even put off straying into useless, demeaning attacks in this thread- of all threads.... created to try to distance the group from such behavior- look at the last few posts- especially the last one- 'WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT SHIT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING DEALING WITH FRANK HERBERT?'

It's a pathetic obsession, give it up, move on, and leave the two clowns behind. Just stop it. Thermodorian Reaction- move the fuck away from this trend, and return to Frank's world. There is absolutely nothing 'Orthodox' in this kind of hating orthodoxy- orthodoxy seeks to preserve and maintain- the haters have completely switched camps and hardly a single thread on this site it seems can go long without someone killing the momentum and bitching and complaining about the new books- there will ALWAYS be new books- by KJA and BH, and by countless others..... many will be nice, most will suck- chances are including any rewrite this lot makes- it's just the way it is, good works are rare, good authors are rarer..... but we all like to think we can write and think, because we're all impressed and fickled with our own consciousness, insights, and bias.

On a forum pretending to Orthodoxy- they have next to NO reason to appear in any discussion- without regard to whatever new books they are hatching or scheming- they are not Dune- they are not Frank- it has nothing to do with Frank Herbert....... this site would be the equivalent of visiting a orthodox Jewish synagogue, and hearing every other word out of their mouth how shit headed the newest branches of Protestantism or Islam are..... that shit, though it shares a similar origin in history and in culture- HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM, NOR SHOULD IT BE THE DEFINING MARK OF THEIR IDENTITIES!

Of all the threads, this one- you can't even break free of the slavery to this cultic religion of worshiping KJA. I don't fucking care about him, but I am getting dead tired of the arguments. You know what Frank's legacy is? His fucking books.... not any micro-culture being engineered here. There is no reason to carry on 'the good fight'- critics in the future are still going to be able to read, and they are going to note these books as being worthless shit- it's not like the species is going to collectively turn gullible in the next 40 years to that extent. Batman and Robin has a monopoly on the works for now- so be it.... it's not forever, and they haven't produced anything the jumps out and grabs people's imagination- and if somehow do manage to produce just such a work- more power to them- what's it to the Frank fans? Those two have absolutely NOTHING to do with a site claiming to be orthodox, and anyone pretending to such a title needs to just drop the twisted act, and grow up. Ignore the damn books..... they are poorly constructed physically, and will decay.... they are a molehill in the depths of time.... if Dune is to survive, it must survive on it's own merits, it's own discussions, and not from addictive, pathetic antagonisms. Nothing can be more damaging or pathetic than to collectively continue on this way.... there will always be bad books inspired by Dune out there- it will only multiply and diversify over time..... get over it now, and move on.

A new day is dawning, and Frank's image can be seen in it's silver lining, let's all leave this useless behavior behind, and finally push foreward to it. If you can't do it, then accept the you are not, nor ever can be Orthodox (fuck- in all honesty, it's impossible for a fan of the series to ever do that- Frank wasn't big on orthodoxy himself), accept your new title of Hater Orthopraxy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthopraxy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and change the name of this site.... there is no reason why Frank Herbert fans should be forced to read or deal with this crap- it's disgusting, and it's killing discussion. This is at this moment, still very much, the Dune Hater website. Let this sink in before you make a knee-jerk barfing shitstorm, think about it, and ask yourself if you want to spend the REST OF YOUR LIFE crying about the new books? Don't you have higher aspirations? You know the books aren't going to disappear overnight.... move on, let them die, and seize the day.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Blah, blah, fucking blah.

Silly troll is silly.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

No kidding. Talk about never giving up on something.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Um, what "discussion" is being killed? :?
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Onasander wrote:it must survive on it's own merits, it's own discussions... and Frank's image can be seen in it's silver lining.
it's its
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, no kidding, huh? And it's always funny to see that level of English Fail from pseudo-intellectual poseurs.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

wait .... what ?

change the name of the forum ?

"Jacurutu - the Cast Out" - meaning those originals banned from the Corporate Dune Forum ...

change the name of the movement ?

"Orthodox Herbertarian" ? - meaning those who take their Dune from the source and repudiate
the New Corporate Dune Comix ? and spend time explaining and exploring why the Corporate
Dune sucks ass in all its manifestations ? and we've gone past the deconstruction of the poor
writing and abysmal research, and moved on into the whys - Brian's an inept fool (evidence abounds
in these threads) and Keith is an asshole poser in over his head, but so megalomaniacal he lives in
an alternate reality (evidence abounds every time he opens his mouth) ....

and you are ? (sry, & your ?)

you waltz in here with some silly assed shit about the postings on the Corporate Dune Forum,
fail at the troll, throw bombs at us, then try your hand at Dune Discussion and fail, and now
you're going to tell us not only how to run this forum, but how to fucking think ?

you silly bitch.

die in a fire.

twice.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

:shock:

Three times, just to make sure. :twisted:
lotek

Post by lotek »

@anusunder(fire)

yeah if there is one thread you need to fuck off from it's this one!
and your avatar?

did you chose that one on purpose?

No don't answer I can't read you but really as we stand for something, you my friend, are a waste of time!

die in the fiery blaze of a worm's mouth!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Fuck, I read a couple lines of his posts and I want to go to sleep.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

That discussion is rather prevalent and active in current Dune events. Part of its history. Sure, in the future it will be a forgettable part, but for now if we say nothing then there is no record of resistance, only blind acceptance.

Blind acceptance or willful ignorance are not virtues Frank would have admired. We don't admire them either. We will voice our opposition.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

Few days ago I acquired few movie props from Children of Dune. I was very surprised :o when I realized a hidden message on one prop.

This prop is a pergamin which was read by Paul around the conference table. It has some text below the original one which was partially erased. One of the words is a big surprise. I don't say what it is - please see and judge for yourself:

The question is who wrote these texts. My assumption is that it was someone from the crew members or even Alec Newman (Paul Atreides) himself, because there are other signatures of him on the right side of the paper. This paper was 1st in hands of movie studio, 2nd Propstore of London and 3rd in my own ;)
I think the 2nd is innocent, and I'm sure of 3rd ;)
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Cool :)

- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Spanky McDune? :lol:
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

THAT is odd.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Freakzilla wrote:Spanky McDune? :lol:
"I'm lovin' it."