HToD

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

TheDukester

Re: HToD

Post by TheDukester »

merkin muffley wrote:The writing is so fundamentally bad that I just don't think he's capable of making a new Dune book interesting.
It is. He's not.

TheKJA is at the same talent level he was at in 1987. He really is a churn-em-out hack — I know we over-use that word here, but he really, honestly, truly is one.

He knows how to play the system, though. And he's gotten at least three huge breaks along the way: the early efforts with Beason and others (foot in the door), a job with the Star Wars Crap-Novel-Per-Month team (huge mega-franchise), and being able to mind-control Brian Herbert into letting him take over Dune (a respected, cherished series).
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

merkin muffley wrote:Yeah, well, I'm still searching for evidence to support my claim that Dune and Dune Messiah were written at the same time.
Parts of them were, they just weren't meant to be the same novel.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Freakzilla wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:Yeah, well, I'm still searching for evidence to support my claim that Dune and Dune Messiah were written at the same time.
WALTER: Am I wrong?
DUDE: You're not wrong, Walter, you're just an asshole.
:D
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

merkin muffley wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
WALTER: Am I wrong?
DUDE: You're not wrong, Walter, you're just an asshole.
:D
STFU Donny, you're out of your element. :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman