Triple D-Digits y'all

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Eyes High
Patience Personified

Re: Triple D-Digits y'all

Post by Eyes High »

May you see many happy years together my friend.

Bless you both.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Congrats Apjak and Mrs Apjak!
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

THIS IS POST

So, here we are again in my personal "pat myself on the back for not JUST lurking" thread. 300 posts in just under 3 years, I'm really picking up steam now!

Well I'm still married, but still haven't gotten the wife to pick up Dune Messiah ...yet, but I did get my dad through all six. So I figure my standing as a Dune evangelical is okay. Hopefully soon I'll get around to posting some pics in the member gallery, and also my FH collection. Although having now seen Kwisatz's "Dar es Balat" I'm almost too ashamed. Since getting married I've been busy going back to school, and I don't know if that'll translate to more or less posting. Now that I'm 30, I'm trying to switch to output mode more often.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for sharing a love of TRUE Dune, and then posting about it on the internet. and now, a string of pretendedly random picture thoughts.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sa-LOOT! :D
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:post whore:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote::post whore:
Careful or he catches up with you in no time. :P
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

You just earned yourself a seat at the big boy table. :clap:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Happy New Year every peoples. Now we come to that special thread where I shamelessly self-promote myself and my goings on. Well the two big pieces of news that I have are first, I have gotten my wife to read through CoD, and second I have gotten my wife pregnant. What have you done to proliferate the good news of Frank Herbert lately? I'm literally making new Dune fans, using the hazards of sex to the OH's benefit.

Well this is my 400th post.... so 600 post from now this will be a dead and unusable thread. I've thought too much about this, (but i think too much about everything which is a good part of why I don't post more) and when I reach 1000 posts (roughly six years at the rate I'm speeding along) I'm going to ask Freak to lock this forum and put it in bad examples section. Until then you've got 5 more n-hundredth posts to suffer through.

Hopefully in that time the Bear-Shaped Meteor (Lord, hasten its decent) will have brought our Jihad into a new and glorious ¿Arab-Spring? morning. Perhaps that'll keep me from wandering into the economics thread and gunning everyone down.

Thank you all again for the great, free and open forum, and best wishes to you and yours -from Apjak, Mrs. Apjak and the impending Son of Apjak.

I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations, by the way! :)
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Congratulations for both your accomplishments. :dance:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Way to spread the word, and your seed!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

:orcs-cheers:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

:auto-dirtbike:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Alas, it is my 500th post, and much has occurred in the two years since my 400th post. Sadly, Son of Apjak is still not ready to read anything more complicated than a "Little Golden Books" which puts McDune way to far below him. I have, however, gotten a number of high school kids to give the first Dune a shot, and I got my brother from none through GEoD. I've also become much more active on reddit. I even linked the Dune subreddit to the Inconsistency Concordance with some success.

This post, however, shall be dedicated to this snapshot I took of the holy relic at the future monument: "Shine of the Bear-Shaped Meteorite":
(modern US dollar for scale)

From the leaflet:
After completing it's holy work, the surviving meteorite was built into a mosaic by monastics of the Orthodox Herbertarian order, and indeed became the one most holy pilgrimage sites in all of Herbertarianism, along with the Fullerton Archive in the wasteland of California, and the Great Library of Kwisatz in Poland. The first witnesses to arrive at the crater of the nameless heretic claimed that the meteorite was much more fearsome in shape but owing to it's golden composition it quickly melted into the deformed but recognizable shape you see today.

...AND NOW, THE OBLIGATORY CARTOON NONSENSE