• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Board Upgrade

    Image
      What's New

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Rakis » 15 Apr 2009 09:49

    :text-yeahthat:
    Image
    User avatar
    Rakis
     
    Posts: 1583
    Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby SandRider » 15 Apr 2009 11:19

    Rakis wrote:
    SandRider wrote:I think y'all know that if I really, really wanted to
    have the top post count on this board, I'd just
    fucking well do it.

    :twisted:


    Yeah, i think you slowed down in the last few of months... :|


    I went back to work.
    Fixin' to really gear up - just got a call to go work on the
    transmission line & power distribution grid expansion.
    (we can't build more windfarms w/o the lines to carry the juice)

    they're talking 6 12s - (six days a week, 12 hour shifts)
    I said that sounds just fine for the linemen & the hands;
    I don't think I'll be doing that kinda bulshit.

    but I most likely will ....
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby GamePlayer » 15 Apr 2009 11:23

    As a rule, most people that strive for the highest post count aren't worth reading :P
    Moral of the story: don't be one of those people. :lol:
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Eyes High » 15 Apr 2009 11:26

    SandRider wrote:
    Rakis wrote:
    SandRider wrote:I think y'all know that if I really, really wanted to
    have the top post count on this board, I'd just
    fucking well do it.

    :twisted:


    Yeah, i think you slowed down in the last few of months... :|


    I went back to work.
    Fixin' to really gear up - just got a call to go work on the
    transmission line & power distribution grid expansion.
    (we can't build more windfarms w/o the lines to carry the juice)

    they're talking 6 12s - (six days a week, 12 hour shifts)
    I said that sounds just fine for the linemen & the hands;
    I don't think I'll be doing that kinda bulshit.

    but I most likely will ....


    Hope they are paying you overtime. Just be careful.
    Image

    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    User avatar
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified
     
    Posts: 2314
    Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
    Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby SandRider » 15 Apr 2009 12:13

    Eyes High wrote:
    SandRider wrote:
    Rakis wrote:
    SandRider wrote:I think y'all know that if I really, really wanted to
    have the top post count on this board, I'd just
    fucking well do it.

    :twisted:


    Yeah, i think you slowed down in the last few of months... :|


    I went back to work.
    Fixin' to really gear up - just got a call to go work on the
    transmission line & power distribution grid expansion.
    (we can't build more windfarms w/o the lines to carry the juice)

    they're talking 6 12s - (six days a week, 12 hour shifts)
    I said that sounds just fine for the linemen & the hands;
    I don't think I'll be doing that kinda bulshit.

    but I most likely will ....


    Hope they are paying you overtime. Just be careful.


    oh you bet, this is IBEW, Electrical Workers Union;
    overtime, hazard pay, per diem, company truck & gas card, &etc.
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby ragabash » 23 Apr 2009 14:08

    I took the liberty of installing DuneFishUK's 610nm logo in the style. Freak, if you want me to change it back, let me know and I will do so.

    What do you guys think? I like it.

    DuneFishUK wrote:Just thrown a couple together - see what you think:

    PROsilver (default);
    Image
    styles/prosilver/imageset/site_logo.gif

    610nm
    Image
    styles/610nm/imageset/site_logo.gif

    :)

    (edit: got me silvers mixed up...)
    GLaDOS wrote:This was a triumph.
    I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
    User avatar
    ragabash
    The Benefactor
     
    Posts: 50
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:45
    Location: Sacramento, CA

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Tleszer » 23 Apr 2009 14:11

    I like it! Makes me feel all warm inside. Like I just ate a kitten. :D
    DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
    User avatar
    Tleszer
     
    Posts: 2161
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Omphalos » 23 Apr 2009 14:16

    ragabash wrote:I took the liberty of installing DuneFishUK's 610nm logo in the style. Freak, if you want me to change it back, let me know and I will do so.

    What do you guys think? I like it.

    DuneFishUK wrote:Just thrown a couple together - see what you think:

    PROsilver (default);
    Image
    styles/prosilver/imageset/site_logo.gif

    610nm
    Image
    styles/610nm/imageset/site_logo.gif

    :)

    (edit: got me silvers mixed up...)


    Looks awesome bro...Although, does that look slightly crooked to anyone else, or is it just me?
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6526
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Rakis » 23 Apr 2009 14:20

    Looks great, but i would have prefered a bit bigger and centered...but it's otherwise perfect... :clap:
    Image
    User avatar
    Rakis
     
    Posts: 1583
    Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby ragabash » 23 Apr 2009 14:26

    Omphalos wrote:
    ragabash wrote:I took the liberty of installing DuneFishUK's 610nm logo in the style. Freak, if you want me to change it back, let me know and I will do so.

    What do you guys think? I like it.

    DuneFishUK wrote:Just thrown a couple together - see what you think:

    PROsilver (default);
    Image
    styles/prosilver/imageset/site_logo.gif

    610nm
    Image
    styles/610nm/imageset/site_logo.gif

    :)

    (edit: got me silvers mixed up...)


    Looks awesome bro...Although, does that look slightly crooked to anyone else, or is it just me?


    Now that you mention it, yeah... but I think that's an optical illusion caused by the light to medium orange gradient starting in the upper left corner.
    GLaDOS wrote:This was a triumph.
    I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
    User avatar
    ragabash
    The Benefactor
     
    Posts: 50
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:45
    Location: Sacramento, CA

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby DuneFishUK » 23 Apr 2009 14:39

    Omphalos wrote:
    ragabash wrote:I took the liberty of installing DuneFishUK's 610nm logo in the style. Freak, if you want me to change it back, let me know and I will do so.

    What do you guys think? I like it.

    DuneFishUK wrote:Just thrown a couple together - see what you think:

    PROsilver (default);
    Image
    styles/prosilver/imageset/site_logo.gif

    610nm
    Image
    styles/610nm/imageset/site_logo.gif

    :)

    (edit: got me silvers mixed up...)


    Looks awesome bro...Although, does that look slightly crooked to anyone else, or is it just me?


    :D Cool

    ..yeah - it's not crooked - will tell you that for free... but yeah: does looks a bit that way :?

    Central would be nice - but we're limited by the theme. It could be a bit better placed, but that header image was a right shit to edit - the logo perfectly covers the ..ah... difficult bits :P

    I started cocking about with a twilight one too... will dust it off when I get bored of the stuff I should be doing :)
    User avatar
    DuneFishUK
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
    Location: Cool Britannia

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby inhuien » 23 Apr 2009 15:04

    Awesome Sauce!!!!! :D :D
    Image
    User avatar
    inhuien
     
    Posts: 3629
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
    Location: right here as in not (all) there

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Freakzilla » 23 Apr 2009 15:19

    So do most of you use the 610nm theme? Should I make that the default for now?

    I like having the name on the banner, good work!
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 17973
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby GamePlayer » 23 Apr 2009 15:33

    I like the banners. Good work.
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby DuneFishUK » 23 Apr 2009 15:42

    Cheers Freak.

    Chucked this together for the Twilight style... in case anyone actually uses it :P

    Image
    http://www.jacurutu.com/styles/twilightBB/theme/images/header.jpg

    Image <-- yes there is something there...
    http://www.jacurutu.com/styles/twilightBB/imageset/site_logo.gif
    User avatar
    DuneFishUK
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
    Location: Cool Britannia

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Omphalos » 23 Apr 2009 15:49

    DuneFishUK wrote:Cheers Freak.

    Chucked this together for the Twilight style... in case anyone actually uses it :P

    Image
    http://www.jacurutu.com/styles/twilightBB/theme/images/header.jpg

    Image <-- yes there is something there...
    http://www.jacurutu.com/styles/twilightBB/imageset/site_logo.gif


    That looks sharp
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6526
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Eyes High » 23 Apr 2009 16:17

    I like that. They all look nice, but I admit I like that last one.
    Image

    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    User avatar
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified
     
    Posts: 2314
    Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
    Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby ragabash » 23 Apr 2009 16:18

    Freakzilla wrote:So do most of you use the 610nm theme? Should I make that the default for now?

    I like having the name on the banner, good work!


    You shouldn't make anything but subsilver or prosilver the default theme. The CAPTCHA hooks don't exist in any other theme. If you make the default any but one of those two, it will be impossible for anyone to create new accounts.

    And that banner rules. Freak, do you want me to put that in the appropriate theme?
    GLaDOS wrote:This was a triumph.
    I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
    User avatar
    ragabash
    The Benefactor
     
    Posts: 50
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:45
    Location: Sacramento, CA

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby DuneFishUK » 23 Apr 2009 17:25

    Subsilver is a piece of piss :P

    Image
    subsilver/imageset/site_logo.gif
    User avatar
    DuneFishUK
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
    Location: Cool Britannia

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Tleszer » 23 Apr 2009 17:40

    DuneFishUK wrote:Subsilver is a piece of piss :P

    Image
    subsilver/imageset/site_logo.gif


    That sounds disgusting... and oddly sexy...
    DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
    User avatar
    Tleszer
     
    Posts: 2161
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Omphalos » 23 Apr 2009 18:53

    ragabash wrote:
    Freakzilla wrote:So do most of you use the 610nm theme? Should I make that the default for now?

    I like having the name on the banner, good work!


    You shouldn't make anything but subsilver or prosilver the default theme. The CAPTCHA hooks don't exist in any other theme. If you make the default any but one of those two, it will be impossible for anyone to create new accounts.

    And that banner rules. Freak, do you want me to put that in the appropriate theme?


    Would you please go ahead and do that, bro? Everyone will like it.
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6526
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Freakzilla » 23 Apr 2009 18:55

    Omphalos wrote:
    ragabash wrote:
    Freakzilla wrote:So do most of you use the 610nm theme? Should I make that the default for now?

    I like having the name on the banner, good work!


    You shouldn't make anything but subsilver or prosilver the default theme. The CAPTCHA hooks don't exist in any other theme. If you make the default any but one of those two, it will be impossible for anyone to create new accounts.

    And that banner rules. Freak, do you want me to put that in the appropriate theme?


    Would you please go ahead and do that, bro? Everyone will like it.


    Yes, please.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 17973
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby Freakzilla » 23 Apr 2009 18:57

    I took the title off so the banner speaks for itself.

    OK, go ahead with the banners for the rest of the themes.

    :wink:
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 17973
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby SandRider » 23 Apr 2009 19:22

    I'm not seeing a banner on the board index page of the 610 theme.

    no title, either.
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.

    Re: Board Upgrade

    Postby DuneFishUK » 23 Apr 2009 19:30

    SandRider wrote:I'm not seeing a banner on the board index page of the 610 theme.

    no title, either.


    You might need to clear your cache - I right-clicked View Image then refreshed (Firefox) and that worked.

    Freak: It does look cool, but the title might be handy for search engines. This place is pretty well hidden as is :P
    User avatar
    DuneFishUK
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
    Location: Cool Britannia

    PreviousNext

    Return to ˲

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest