New Dune Game! Well its a mod of CnC3

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SwordMaster
Freakbanned

New Dune Game! Well its a mod of CnC3

Post by SwordMaster »

Hey guys, just to maybe catch a RTS game player, this is a mod for CnC3 Tiberium Wars called Dune: Arrakian Wars.

A fan created mod that is really a nice addition to CnC3 TW and also, it has some really crispt unit models, some you can view here:

http://forum.cncreneclips.com/index.php?showtopic=19683

Have a look at the art work, its quite slick and they did a nice job on the unit models. Fun game too if you like the CnC3 TW engine and have a super good computer!
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I haven't played a RTS in a million years since I overdosed on Dune 2 on the Mega Drive. This mod looks nice, IIRC there are a few RTSers around here..... somewhere.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I'd love this, but alas, the time I have not. :cry: I'd have to give up something else to schedule it in.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Not into FPS but thats eally cool, Renegade though, woah I remember being so disapointed with that game, as a CnC head I really wanted to enjoy it. Im more of a RPG RTS player. I once toyed with using the diablo engine to mod into a dune based game. My mod skills did not match up to what I had invisioned, but it was a cool idea.

Do we have a Dune games section....? I dont want more sections though, there are so many. This was an announcment though, actually this is being finished by a couple web-friends of mine.. The Diablo mod was going to be set up as all playable toons would be fremen feydakin and all the mobs would be different Saurdukar units. Then Saudukar Bashars were the bosses. Anyhow... I guess not too many CnC3 TW players huh... *sigh* Im afraid that PC games are sort of on the downfall. A shame really... The nerds will always be on PC but most have just stayed with the new gen systems, double as a blue ray etc etc... Il always love PC games though, how about Diablo3 who is not excited to play that?
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Baraka Bryan wrote:renegade sucked for missions. awesome multiplayer though.
and there are so many mods for it that are great too.
I might look into this further....
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

I'm a CnC fan, and Warhammer 40k, and starcraft :lol: .
PC games dead? Not in your life, the recent Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II is a good example, only 4 races yet but just wait for the exp-packs.
No base building, just pure tactics, intense battles and gore. Try it, it isnt that heavy on the requirements.
Starcraft II will be sold in 3 separate games, each for one of the races. This is due to the amount of stuff it will have, campaign time for each will take about x4 the amount of time a single campaign did in the first starcraft.
PC games dead? Hell no, they're back in style. :P
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

SwordMaster wrote:Not into FPS but thats eally cool, Renegade though, woah I remember being so disapointed with that game, as a CnC head I really wanted to enjoy it. Im more of a RPG RTS player. I once toyed with using the diablo engine to mod into a dune based game. My mod skills did not match up to what I had invisioned, but it was a cool idea.

Do we have a Dune games section....? I dont want more sections though, there are so many. This was an announcment though, actually this is being finished by a couple web-friends of mine.. The Diablo mod was going to be set up as all playable toons would be fremen feydakin and all the mobs would be different Saurdukar units. Then Saudukar Bashars were the bosses. Anyhow... I guess not too many CnC3 TW players huh... *sigh* Im afraid that PC games are sort of on the downfall. A shame really... The nerds will always be on PC but most have just stayed with the new gen systems, double as a blue ray etc etc... Il always love PC games though, how about Diablo3 who is not excited to play that?
I would have to disagree, while I do own a Wii (No ps3 or xbox) I am more inclined to play the computer when I am by myself. When my kids are playing or I have buddies over we play the Wii.

Otherwise I am all PC.

Yea Diablo III, beyond stoked. You can't get that kind of greatness on some crappy blue ray player.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Dune Nerd wrote:You can't get that kind of greatness on some crappy blue ray player.
Yeah, keep convincing yourself of that :lol:
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

Seraphan wrote:
Dune Nerd wrote:You can't get that kind of greatness on some crappy blue ray player.
Yeah, keep convincing yourself of that :lol:
I will mainly because I am too cheap to shell out the dough for a new tv and gaming system :lol:
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

damn it..why'd u have to show me that...dont show me stuff like this until its available...i have cnc3 tiberian wars...cant wait to add this
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Talos

Re: New Dune Game! Well its a mod of CnC3

Post by Talos »

I got so excited when I saw this; I'm a huge RTS and C&C fan! Unfortunately according to the latest updates at moddb.com this is no longer going to be released for C&C 3:TW but instead they will use the engine for Unreal Tournament 3. Fortunately it will still be a RTS despite UT3 being an FPS game, it will just take them longer to finish. Still anxiously awaiting it though. :D

Here's a link to the page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/dune-arrakian-wars
Scientists seek the lawfulness of events. It is the task of Religion to fit man into this lawfulness.