Calling out Byron "the coward" Merritt


Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2938
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Calling out Byron "the coward" Merritt

Post by Serkanner »

Why did you ban me, and why ban me now?
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

You got banned? My last post or so was explaining to him why his arguement against you was crazy... I better go check Dn out.
Image
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2938
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Post by Serkanner »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:You got banned? My last post or so was explaining to him why his arguement against you was crazy... I better go check Dn out.
Yes I have been banned.

The funny thing is he posts a post directed at me AFTER I am banned to which I therefore obviously can not reply any more. Furthermore I tried to make a new account with the brilliant name serkanner_02 ... but the forum has account approval by the admin. I am afraid I will not be allowed with that name I guess.

I like to comment to The Coward however that you have indeed not literly called me a throll but do you remember that you warned me of throlling behaviour once? I do.

This time you mention throlling behaviour directly after I posted. So that was not directed at me? You are just full of shit Byron and you know it.

There is no real reason why you have banned me. I have not been insulting any body, I have not used swear words ... I just named you a coward because you have proven to be one time and again when banning all people who oppose the atrocities.

You claim in your own post to be objective. Let me enlighten you: you are not. As long as you are one way or the other linked with the HLP you can not be objective and stating that you are is a blatant lie. Of course YOU believe you are objective. You also believe the atrocities are good books. So who I am trying to convince?

Ass hole.
User avatar
Spice Grandson
Posts: 87
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:46
Location: California Central Coast
Contact:

Post by Spice Grandson »

When you call me names or, worse, input comments on my children when there is no reason, then you get banned instantly. Poor lil' innocent Serkanner. :roll:
Keep it civil. Keep it cool.

ImageImage

http://www.filmreviewstew.com
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

Strange how people here seem to obsess about DN, even though they despise the over moderation. 10 page threads here when DN goes down, DN debates saved and continued, etc.

Maybe we need a separate "DN" forum section here. Count me out of it though.
User avatar
Mandy
Cat Herder
Posts: 1704
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 20:18
Contact:

Post by Mandy »

I'd have to get some of those reading glasses from the grocery store to see the tiny font over there anyway :P

Official forums always suck, because they are a cheap form of advertising. They play it off like they're doing it for the fans but they don't actually give a shit about the fans.
User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Post by SandChigger »

Spice Grandson wrote:When you call me names or, worse, input comments on my children when there is no reason, then you get banned instantly. Poor lil' innocent Serkanner. :roll:
Sorry, I don't get the bolded part: "input comments on"? Huh?

You mean "comment on" or "post/make comments about"?

Serkanner...what did you say about his kids? (They're not kids anymore, though, are they? They're old enough to be in college now, right? Twin boys, if I recall correctly from what you posted before on the BBS.)

Actually, something I've always wanted to know is whether either is interested in becoming a writer. If not, that would leave you, Byron, as the last scribbling Herbert/Merritt, unless Kimmy sudden gets the urge to take up the plume. Which she could always do if she fails at everything else she tries.

Follow in daddy's footsteps, in other words.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

HoosierDaddy wrote:Strange how people here seem to obsess about DN, even though they despise the over moderation. 10 page threads here when DN goes down, DN debates saved and continued, etc.

Maybe we need a separate "DN" forum section here. Count me out of it though.
It's developed into a morbid fascination.
Image
User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Post by SandChigger »

The proper term for it is a German word, Schadenfreude, "pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune."

There is often a certain joy to be found in watching a beautiful thing die.

Even more to be had in watching something venal and self-serving flop and writhe under the suffocating weight of its own mediocrity. :twisted:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:
Spice Grandson wrote:When you call me names or, worse, input comments on my children when there is no reason, then you get banned instantly. Poor lil' innocent Serkanner. :roll:
Sorry, I don't get the bolded part: "input comments on"? Huh?

You mean "comment on" or "post/make comments about"?
I haven't read a bit of it, but Im guessing he means "impute." "Input" is just this Herbert generation's way of spelling it.
Image

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SandChigger wrote: There is often a certain joy to be found in watching a beautiful thing die.

Even more to be had in watching something venal and self-serving flop and writhe under the suffocating weight of its own mediocrity. :twisted:
Poetry Chig, the Japanese must be rubbing off on you. :)
Image
User avatar
Phaedrus
Posts: 551
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 04:35

Post by Phaedrus »

Spice Grandson wrote:When you call me names or, worse, input comments on my children when there is no reason, then you get banned instantly. Poor lil' innocent Serkanner. :roll:
That's right, it doesn't matter if you make ridiculous arguments, threaten legal action, or act like a child, if any of us so much as calls you or one of your family members a "poopyhead" or something similar, the banstick comes out.

Not to mention the fact that you're not afraid to insult us, especially after we've been banned.

Take your blatant hypocrisy elsewhere.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
User avatar
Mr. Teg
Moderator
Posts: 699
Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:14
Location: Chair
Contact:

Post by Mr. Teg »

Spice Grandson wrote:When you call me names or, worse, input comments on my children when there is no reason, then you get banned instantly. Poor lil' innocent Serkanner. :roll:......


I'm pretty objective in my life. I've got no choice. Being an RN in a busy ER, I have to be. It boils over into my private life, too. I have to "assess" where people are coming from -- be it from an illness or from an internet posting standpoint. And my assessment of the OHers is this: their goals, ideals, whatever you want to call them, is to try and post as much negative commentary about the new books as possible and to discredit or demean anyone who enjoys them. If you look around the threads, even ones that started out with a positive spin on the new books, you'll see what I mean.

Anyone who enjoys the books or tries to defend them, the OHers say, "Troll!" or some other lame comment, trying to get me to ban them or hit them with a warning. That's why I said "Nice change of subject " on that previous post. That is EXACTLY what an OHer would've done if the roles were reversed. No doubt in my mind. If you're going to pull cr@p like that, you have to expect it back.

While we're on the subject, let me make it perfectly clear (again) about trolling: it isn't allowed. But since there seems to be quite a bit of subjectivity related to trolling, I get to make the call as board admin. Like or lump it, that's the way it goes.

And Serkanner, if you have a problem with my deleting of your posts, you can email me so that the discussion doesn't clog up the threads. And for the record, I never called you a troll. Show me where I did and I'll eat my hat.

Finally, the McDonald's reference to the new books is not appropriate nor a fair comparison. If you're going to compare books to anything, it should be to other current literature.

P.S. To TMB, we've gone over the release of the notes again and again and again and again. If you look back at previous posts, I've given the reasons they haven't been released.
Are you serious! :lol: We've gone over this again and again and again and again, your little fanboys DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE AN ARGUMENT OR DEFEND ONE.

If you cannot make that distinction your're an idiot. (So much for your vaunted RN crosss-over skills. Geez, how many patients have you fucked with that one).

Typical...deletes or bans then challenges his opponents.

I've said it again and again and again and again....

PUSSY
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron Image The HLP
User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Post by Omphalos »

Spice Grandson wrote:When you call me names...
You cry? Wow. Deja vu! Grow a pair, Byron. Pussy.
Image

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Post by SandChigger »

Omphalos wrote:I haven't read a bit of it, but Im guessing he means "impute." "Input" is just this Herbert generation's way of spelling it.
But...that doesn't make any sense, either! :(

Serkanner represented Byron's children as having made comments about something?! :?: :?: :?: The preposition would have to be "to" then!

Aaaaaaargh!
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Poetry Chig, the Japanese must be rubbing off on you. :)
Actually, that's happened a few times on rush hour trains. It's not so bad when the rubber-offer is female...otherwise...eeew. :mrgreen:

But you have inspired me to a haiku...

wakarazu-ni
tatami no ue ni
nara no oto


Not understanding
On tatami (I sit)
Sound of wind (I break) :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Post by Omphalos »

Well, I guess he meant "impute to" instead of "input on." The latter sounds like something kind of rude, and I don't think Serkanner meant that. :P
Image

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
User avatar
Bijaz
Posts: 153
Joined: 12 Apr 2008 08:33

Post by Bijaz »

So much for the Herbert Legacy.:roll:
User avatar
Mr. Teg
Moderator
Posts: 699
Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:14
Location: Chair
Contact:

Post by Mr. Teg »

Bijaz wrote:So much for the Herbert Legacy.:roll:
Herbert Legacy Pimps!
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron Image The HLP
User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Post by SandChigger »

Well, usage questions aside, WHAT exactly did Serkanner post that got him banned? :?
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2938
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Post by Serkanner »

Byron,

I have called you an ass hole here AFTER you have banned me, not before.

I mentioned your children in only one manner: You defend the HLP to be able to pay for their college funds. Where did I attack your children? So, yes, I am innocent in that regard as you were the target and not your children.

As others have mentioned. You have no problem insulting and threatening others but when any body as much as farts on your site the pimpstick comes out of the closet and the farting member is banned.

You only banned me after it was made clear by other members on the forum that your insinuation that I was throlling was flawed. You still have not given any good argument why my comparison between the atrocities and McDonalds doesn't hold up.

A second issue that you managed to side-pass ( again ) is the question about the Frank Herbert Biography and Brian's recollection of his father's reason to name his boat Caladan. Still no answer form any member of the HLP on that one.

Funny coincidence is that when I posted this question on KJA's myspace he removed me from his friend list. I must have hit a nerve with this question.

So long suck-up
User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Post by SandChigger »

What's the atrocities/McDonalds comparison? That sounds kinda interesting....


(Did Kevin remove the comment, too? I looked just now but didn't see it on the blog. On his main page then? Nice. ;) )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Well, Byron said "you can't say the books are bad, the market has spoken", then Serk went on to compare that to the market "speaking" and saying that McDonalds is "cuisine".

Byron's very next post was to quote Serk and say "nice change of subject". Serk responded, and I responeded trying to explain to Byron that not only was Serk perfectly on topic, but that Byron was making himself look like a derailer of conversation. Byron never did respond to my very clear post, but he did ban Serk. I was a friend of Serkanner...

Someone, (I'm truly sorry I can't remember who) also went on to coin the term McSciFi; Which I personally hope goes on to become a common saying.
Image
User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Post by SandChigger »

Thankee, Thang! :P

I guess Byron didn't like the suggestion that the Dairies were also involved in the beef burger sector?

Welcome to McDunes? :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Someone else already made the McDune comment over there, I think it's appropriate though.
Image
User avatar
SimonH
Posts: 179
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 18:28

Post by SimonH »

A Thing of Eternity wrote: Someone, (I'm truly sorry I can't remember who) also went on to coin the term McSciFi; Which I personally hope goes on to become a common saying.
I'll claim that one, though someone (you?) took it further and better with "McDune"
Locked