Impression-time! (Yes, of our favourite dynamic duo).

Moderators: Mr. Teg, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Lundse

Impression-time! (Yes, of our favourite dynamic duo).

Post by Lundse »

In a few years, Heroes of Dune (there's a title-and-a-half) will be over and Kevin and Brian will spit out Ultra-Heroes of Dune, a continuation of the tale beyond Sandworms wherein Omnius is shown to have sent out drones to nearby parallel universes and is primed to strike (he is eventually killed by Norma's latent hyper-god-powers which are awakened by having sex with Duncan/The overmind. After the 12-novel series, named Gods of Dune, in which Omnius tries to send back himself in time to destroy the original timeline (masquerading as a sandworm AND, in a twist, the hunter-seeker which tried to kill Paul in Dune), and is foiled by the Duncan/Cenva love-child, what will they do next?

Why, visit other prime Herbert estate <sarcasm> 'intellectual property' </sarcasm>, of course!
Anyone up for a take on Santaroga Barrier? Maybe one of the short stories?
orald

Post by orald »

Jorj X. McKie, run for it! :o
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
HoosierDaddy

Re: Impression-time! (Yes, of our favourite dynamic duo).

Post by HoosierDaddy »

Lundse wrote:In a few years, Heroes of Dune (there's a title-and-a-half) will be over and Kevin and Brian will spit out Ultra-Heroes of Dune, a continuation of the tale beyond Sandworms wherein Omnius is shown to have sent out drones to nearby parallel universes and is primed to strike (he is eventually killed by Norma's latent hyper-god-powers which are awakened by having sex with Duncan/The overmind. After the 12-novel series, named Gods of Dune, in which Omnius tries to send back himself in time to destroy the original timeline (masquerading as a sandworm AND, in a twist, the hunter-seeker which tried to kill Paul in Dune), and is foiled by the Duncan/Cenva love-child, what will they do next?

Why, visit other prime Herbert estate <sarcasm> 'intellectual property' </sarcasm>, of course!
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they outsourced all of FH's earlier works to other hack writers. The formula is simple. Brian puts his family name on them, and the books get published.

Literary quality clearly means nothing to the HLP, and there is no way to stop them from flooding the market with pulp. 21'st century exploitation of Shakespeare's work by his "family" would be similarly disgusting.

:puke:
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

HoosierDaddy wrote:
Lundse wrote:In a few years, Heroes of Dune (there's a title-and-a-half) will be over and Kevin and Brian will spit out Ultra-Heroes of Dune, a continuation of the tale beyond Sandworms wherein Omnius is shown to have sent out drones to nearby parallel universes and is primed to strike (he is eventually killed by Norma's latent hyper-god-powers which are awakened by having sex with Duncan/The overmind. After the 12-novel series, named Gods of Dune, in which Omnius tries to send back himself in time to destroy the original timeline (masquerading as a sandworm AND, in a twist, the hunter-seeker which tried to kill Paul in Dune), and is foiled by the Duncan/Cenva love-child, what will they do next?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they outsourced all of FH's earlier works to other hack writers. The formula is simple. Brian puts his family name on them, and the books get published.

Literary quality clearly means nothing to the HLP, and there is no way to stop them from flooding the market with pulp. 21'st century exploitation of Shakespeare's work by his "family" would be similarly disgusting.

Dang! If comb-over can write shite Dune novels I can write shite sequels to Romeo & Juliet or Hamlet. Who cares if the main characters are dead. I just come up with a nonsense reason that they are not actually dead but in the middle of a spiritual transformation or something similar.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
orald

Post by orald »

Clearly, they're in a trance, changing the WoL for the sietch orgy. 8)
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

I got the impression that the HLP briefly toyed with the idea but for whatever reason dropped it (thank goodness). Guess they couldn't pillage anything from Fullerton.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

HoosierDaddy wrote:It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they outsourced all of FH's earlier works to other hack writers. The formula is simple. Brian puts his family name on them, and the books get published.

(Actually, since there's no copyright protecting Shakespeare, ANYONE is free to exploit him. And they do.)
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.