New Humble Bundle w/ Godmakers. Good cause but Hack related

Moderators: Mr. Teg, Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Sardaukar Capt

New Humble Bundle w/ Godmakers. Good cause but Hack related

Post by Sardaukar Capt »

https://www.humblebundle.com/books" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Sci-Fi bundle from Humble Bundle includes The Godmakers . One big caveat though, this bundle is "presented by WordFire Press". So its curated by tehKja so he features heavily in it and of course only has WFP books. The only saving grace is not every book is co-written by the Hack and the proceeds go to charity and not the Hack or the Herbert demon spawns.
The name Atreides was also consciously chosen. It is the family name of Agamemnon. Says Herbert, "I wanted a sense of monumental aristocracy, but with tragedy hanging over them--and in our culture, Agamemnon personifies that."
Frank Herbert by Tim O'Reilly
http://tim.oreilly.com/herbert/

Ghanima said. "We Atreides go back to Agamemnon..."
Distracted, Irulan asked: "Who's Agamemnon?"

Children of Dune by Frank Herbert

WTF? A BG forgets the Titans?! :)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: New Humble Bundle w/ Godmakers. Good cause but Hack related

Post by Omphalos »

Oh my. It even physically resembles a pile of shit on the page its displayed on. 'Cept for The Godmakers, which shines like a jewel that KJA swallowed and . . . processed . . . before crapping the rest of the pile out.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Hunchback Jack

Re: New Humble Bundle w/ Godmakers. Good cause but Hack related

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Yeah, I've bought some of these bundles before, but passed on this, because of the obvious WFP link.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks