Jewish Heritage via Axlotl Tank?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Davaro

Jewish Heritage via Axlotl Tank?

Post by Davaro »

Since FH established in CH:D that the Jewish heritage of Secret Israel is traced through their maternal line, your mother has to be a Jew in order for you to be one. In that case if Rebecca or another Jewish female is made into an axlotl tank would the gholas born from them be considered Jewish?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: Jewish Heritage via Axlotl Tank?

Post by Nekhrun »

Davaro wrote:Since FH established in CH:D that the Jewish heritage of Secret Israel is traced through their maternal line, your mother has to be a Jew in order for you to be one. In that case if Rebecca or another Jewish female is made into an axlotl tank would the gholas born from them be considered Jewish?
Sure.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Yea. Judaism in Dune has nothing to do with culture or religion. Its purely the ovum, or, even less, the vessel. Thanks for pointing this out.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Okay, I feel a little bad about being so flippant. How about this...It doesn't even matter as the genetic structure of the end product has nothing to do with the tank it is grown in. So unless the person is already a Jew, then no Jew.
orald

Post by orald »

First... :shock:

Now, as the resident expert on Judaism, I agree with what Nekhrun said- unless the ghola is of a Jew in the first place, it won't be a Jew even being born by a Jewish ax-tank.

I'm not entirely sure how much a ghola would be considered Jewish anyway, or a clone for that matter(I do believe gholas are a big no-no in Judaism...VERY big, and clones aren't all that great either).
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

orald wrote: I'm not entirely sure how much a ghola would be considered Jewish anyway, or a clone for that matter(I do believe gholas are a big no-no in Judaism...VERY big, and clones aren't all that great either).
What? Have you never seen Star Wars Episode II or III? Clones are teh poop! :wink:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Look out ARCH: you gots da competition! :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

orald wrote:First... :shock:

Now, as the resident expert on Judaism, I agree with what Nekhrun said- unless the ghola is of a Jew in the first place, it won't be a Jew even being born by a Jewish ax-tank.

I'm not entirely sure how much a ghola would be considered Jewish anyway, or a clone for that matter(I do believe gholas are a big no-no in Judaism...VERY big, and clones aren't all that great either).
Probably because ash contains no genetic content.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

I'm REALLY sorry for the above joke, but I had to do it. I know it's probably HORRIBLY offensive.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No more offensive than a seemingly never-ending onslaught of death threats, calls for the deaths of various people and/or groups, references to bombs and other instruments of terror or to pedophelia.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Phaedrus wrote:I'm REALLY sorry for the above joke, but I had to do it. I know it's probably HORRIBLY offensive.
ahh...if your offended your probably too old...nothing is sacred anymore...and that makes me glad....so...with that in mind...good joke man...funny shit

:cookie sm:
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
orald

Post by orald »

Pogroms! :shock: :x
CH:D wrote:The Bene Gesserit had preserved Secret Israel in many hours of need. And a pogrom was something his people knew without lengthy explanations.
Pogrom was embedded in the psyche of Secret Israel.
And thanks to the Unspeakable, the chosen people would never forget.
No more than they could forgive.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Is it still a pogrom when the Jews are the ones holding the clubs and guns?

Hmmm....

Anyway, bringing the ORIGINAL question into a real world context: if a Jewish woman were to serve as a surrogate mother, being implated with the fertilized egg of a goy couple, the child wouldn't be considered Jewish, right?

(Of course, that would be a horrible defilement under Judaism, right? Non-kosher eggs. :roll: )
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Why shouldn't the Jews have some nice clubs and guns? It must be quite empowering to able to fight back for once, the Palestinians are hardly blameless in that never-ending mess.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No one said anyone was blameless. I just figured we were in for another round of persecution moans from our Wailing Wallah.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:No one said anyone was blameless. I just figured we were in for another round of persecution moans from our Wailing Wallah.
There are no innocents.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

I'm kinda not seeing where you're comign from, Chig...where are all the bodies? Ravaged towns? Who's been massacred here? What pogroms? :?

I just like the Rabbi mentioning pogroms, since we do share that: we remember, we do not forget, and we do not forgive.

And frankly, if anyone thinks I can be like the average westerner here just because I share some of the culture/interests, they're wrong- I cannot forget that a mere 65 years ago two millenia of antisemitism colluminated with the systematic murder of at least 6 million Jews by one of the world's(at the time) most educated, advanced and leading nations.

If that was part of your lennieage(sp?), could you forget...or forgive?

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

orald wrote:I'm kinda not seeing where you're comign from, Chig...where are all the bodies? Ravaged towns? Who's been massacred here? What pogroms? :?

I just like the Rabbi mentioning pogroms, since we do share that: we remember, we do not forget, and we do not forgive.

And frankly, if anyone thinks I can be like the average westerner here just because I share some of the culture/interests, they're wrong- I cannot forget that a mere 65 years ago two millenia of antisemitism colluminated with the systematic murder of at least 6 million Jews by one of the world's(at the time) most educated, advanced and leading nations.

If my Old Testament is correct, your people were just as bloodthirsty when they were in power.

It was a tragedy, but it was 65 years ago, and those people are dead now. We can only hope we've learned something, because it can't be undone... Forget, no. Forgive? That's the goal, I should think.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nah, you get better mileage out of whining for a few centuries. :roll:

I blame the Romans. Diaspora was the WRONG solution.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I had a big long post typed up, but opted to delete it, because as Omph reminded me the last time I got bent out of shape over this issue - I can never know what it's like to be a jew, or worse a jew in the holy land hearing every day about extremists who want to kill me and everyone I care about.

Let's just say that maybe everything Isreal does is justifed (and for the record, I do agree - most of what they do is exactly what I would do in that position). Maybe it would be justified for Isreal to nuke all the extremist Islamic countries in self defense. But if you follow that line of thinking too far it quickly leads to "maybe it would be justified for everyone else to just nuke the entire middle east including the holy land and save the world from a lot of suffering and danger".

That's not my opinion, but that is where that line of though leads. Just sayin.
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

orald wrote:I'm kinda not seeing where you're comign from, Chig...where are all the bodies? Ravaged towns? Who's been massacred here? What pogroms? :?

You guys "killed" Jesus. Tit for tat. Eye for an eye...
at the very least, Jews got blamed for it.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Fantômas wrote:

Jesus set the whole thing up with Judas. Get over it. He was more cunning than you give him credit for.
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

Nekhrun wrote:
Fantômas wrote:

Jesus set the whole thing up with Judas. Get over it. He was more cunning than you give him credit for.
Why would Holy Jesus do that?
To split the 30 pieces of silver with Judas?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Fantômas wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Fantômas wrote:

No, to become a martyr and start something that would still influence people today. Ever read the Gospel of Judas? You've got to be kidding, by all biblical accounts he could've just run away or stopped the whole thing and you're asking why he did it? Of course it was his plan all along.
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

Nekhrun wrote:
Fantômas wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Fantômas wrote:

No, to become a martyr and start something that would still influence people today. Ever read the Gospel of Judas? You've got to be kidding, by all biblical accounts he could've just run away or stopped the whole thing and you're asking why he did it? Of course it was his plan all along.
I think it was He's Father's plan but Jesus executed it. Jesus did what the Father Willed. At the very least, you have to admit Jesus has a pair.