Rather Disturbing question but...

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

lotek

Re: Rather Disturbing question but...

Post by lotek »

probably but then again I just discovered its existence so your guess is as good as mine. :?:

this MAG thing is made for short term incursions in space, but how long do Fremen stay in their stillsuits at the time?
They only remove them in sietch where moisture seals prevent any water loss don't they?
So they would need something more practical than a removable diaper, but maybe with their mastery at water conservation it would not be impossible for them to have a kind of intermediate system.
Some kind of reusable thing that just collects directly from the exit points and then feeds it through the processing pockets.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Arrrmanda

Post by Arrrmanda »

You mean like some kind of special underwear?
lotek

Post by lotek »

yup i like special underwear ;)

but in this case it ain't gonna be some saucy Aubade stuff...

They would need something that can be used several times without being removed, the best strategic place for that being underwear.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Tube shoved up your pee hole, and a tube shoved up your ass. Done and Done.
lotek

Post by lotek »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Tube shoved up your pee hole, and a tube shoved up your ass. Done and Done.
Why didn't i think of that?
:mrgreen:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

^^^You know you did, you's was just shy to say.

check out Chanilover's thread about Jamis for more fremipoopy action. :)
Arrrmanda

Post by Arrrmanda »

I don't think a tube would work for menstruation though. It's not like pee which comes out in a stream.

Man we were probably done talking about this and here I go getting us back on track. :lol:
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Maybe Fremen women have adapted a specialized vagina that allows for easy waste removal? In the book I'm reading (which sucks) women are genetically altered for space travel to have pseudo-penis tubes that attach to zero-gee toilet tubes.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Well, their blood did coagulate faster...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Arrrmanda

Post by Arrrmanda »

That would make me think the tube idea would work even less. As it is, the blood comes out very clotted so that's making me think that maybe for Fremen women, menstruation is like a one day thing. Maybe they even control the release.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:text-tmi: :angry-screaming:

:lol:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Herbert got some measure of inspiration from Burroughs. Maybe the Fremen lasses just lay eggs. :D

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

And Holy Shai-Hulud comes along and spunks spice all over them? :P
Arrrmanda

Post by Arrrmanda »

Aww that's gross.

Yeah I'm leaning more and more toward Fremen women having virtually no menstruation. A woman's body needs to expel the excess blood, do it must happen, but as it is for human women now, the process can take up to 7 days and the pressure of the body collecting and expelling the blood can be almost debilitating. Surely the Fremen would have trained themselves to minimize this process as much as possible, because it's just dangerous.

When I write my fan fiction about Alia's first period, I'll use these ideas.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

The vagina absorbs stuff... Maybe Fremen vaginas absorb more than typical?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Like the faster blood coagulation time, wouldn't it be more a matter of adaptation (a valuable survival trait spreading through the population) than training?
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Arrrmanda wrote:Aww that's gross.

Yeah I'm leaning more and more toward Fremen women having virtually no menstruation. A woman's body needs to expel the excess blood, do it must happen, but as it is for human women now, the process can take up to 7 days and the pressure of the body collecting and expelling the blood can be almost debilitating. Surely the Fremen would have trained themselves to minimize this process as much as possible, because it's just dangerous.

When I write my fan fiction about Alia's first period, I'll use these ideas.
:cylon101:

See, everyone, it's good to have a woman's perspective on Fremen... waste removal... :techie-hiding:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Yikes. It's all too much for the poor Dukester.

[unsubscribe]
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Arrrmanda

Post by Arrrmanda »

SandChigger wrote:Like the faster blood coagulation time, wouldn't it be more a matter of adaptation (a valuable survival trait spreading through the population) than training?
Well yeah that's kinda what I meant. Poor choice of words I guess. I did mean the survival traits they have adapted like babies only crying for the first few hours after birth, etc.

Can we close this topic yet? :dance:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

It would take longer for discharge to be reabsorbed if it were already clotted. Would be quicker to let it stay liquid, then clot upon contact with oxygen.

Actually, I'm leaning more towards technology. Fremen probably just let fly in their stillsuits, no matter where it was coming from. Catchpockets could segregate waste. Who the hell would want to mount a sandworm with a catheter up either end? Then again, their bodies had become adapted to low water and food consumption. Ill bet that they just did not produce much waste anyway.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Arrrmanda wrote:Can we close this topic yet? :dance:
Evidently not. :P
Omphalos wrote:Who the hell would want to mount a sandworm with a catheter up either end?
:?

:shifty:

:D

:lol:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

We don't close topics 'round here.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Leto

Re:

Post by Leto »

Some shitty hack wrote:On their trek, Paul and his three companions wore new stillsuits covered by mottled cloaks to camouflage them in the desert. Though the garments looked well worn, they were actually finer than any Paul had used when he'd lived as a fugitive among the Fremen. Their makers claimed that these durable offworld imports were superior to the simpler versions that had traditionally been made in hidden sietches.
The manufacturers mean well, he thought. They do it to show their support for me, without realizing the implied criticism in their "improvements."
1° Stillsuit is adapted to the desert, there is no need for a camouflage device (I guess)... and Fremen industry which developped it for centuries has a unique know-how. It's impossible that off-world manufactry improve it in any way...
2° Paul is a fremen and would never wear an off-worlder stillsuit : it'd the best way to upset its fellows (and create a politic mistake).
3° It is not relevant regarding the security. Danger come from off-world (BG, SG, BT, Corrino, Harko). Regarding security matters, only the fremen have the trust of Paul for its safety (especially on Dune).
If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets
Gurney Halleck
KJA ? Keep Just Away?
Filo
Arrrmanda

Post by Arrrmanda »

Omphalos wrote:It would take longer for discharge to be reabsorbed if it were already clotted. Would be quicker to let it stay liquid, then clot upon contact with oxygen.
But it does come out clotted. Some of it is more liquid, but not all. You can't "let" it be anything, it is what it is. Unless I'm not getting what you're saying at all.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I would think that their cycles would be longer than the normal 28 days. Maybe they have one every 3 months or something like that. That would conserve a fair amount.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros