Where is Korba from?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Tleszer

Where is Korba from?

Post by Tleszer »

I was just thinking recently that despite Korba's importance in DM, I don't think much is actually written about him besides the fact that he had been one of Paul's fedaykin.

Can anyone recall from what sietch Korba hails from?
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Where is Korba from?

Post by Freakzilla »

If he wasn't from Tabr, he lived there with Paul. He was a Fedaykin Lieutenant.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I suppose the Fedaykin could have been gathered from other tribes but I think that's Lynch poisoning.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Freakzilla wrote:I suppose the Fedaykin could have been gathered from other tribes but I think that's Lynch poisoning.
Um... I think the gathering from other tribes part came primarily from John Harrison. Lynch never suggested that Fedaykin in his film cam from other tribes, because the Fremen are a unified entity in the film. Harrison has Othium and Korba come from Fremen sietches far and different from Stilgar's. Remember that Paul in the Harrison version had to convince several Fremen tribal leaders to offer a select number of their men to be trained under Paul to become Fedaykin. His motivational speech to get them to agree is kind of dorky: "Those hundreds will train hundreds more, and then those hundreds will become THOUSANDS!" The line feels weak considering that the Fremen exist in vast numbers.
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky