pauls jihad...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

distrans

pauls jihad...

Post by distrans »

we face understanding that there were not nearly enough fighting age fremen around to accomplish it

if anyone was fighting back

it was accomplished via subterfuge of a stricken society

that i find little report of...
Serkanner
Administrator

Re: pauls jihad...

Post by Serkanner »

distrans wrote:we face understanding that there were not nearly enough fighting age fremen around to accomplish it

if anyone was fighting back

it was accomplished via subterfuge of a stricken society

that i find little report of...
Bollocks. Go away.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Apparently there were, says so in the books. Why do you keep trying to contradict Frank Herbert?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

One Sardaukar was at their peak worth 10 Landsraad troops, and the Fremen beat them, so...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
distrans

Post by distrans »

how good they were is beside the point
there just couldnt have been enough of them...
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

distrans wrote:how good they were is beside the point
there just couldnt have been enough of them...
You can use your imagination about how Paul's army was staffed. It doesn't really matter that much. In my head canon I think of all the planets with suffering populations, teeming with resentment and looking for a way to get back at their oppressors, joining up under the leadership of the Fremen commanders. FH doesn't say this outright but it could be the case. It's up to you to think about these things and work with what FH wrote.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
distrans

Post by distrans »

i do
why the question...

my read says the fremen didnt even have the numbers it would take to lead a conquests even if they could own the schools it would take their numbers to be what it took to officer and lead the numbers imperium dominance it would take even if they walked over everyone else...
xcalibur

Post by xcalibur »

Yes, they did have the numbers. Fremen were not limited to Paul-Muad'dib's sietch, there were many sietches among the Ichwan Bedwine, some of which may have been larger. Besides, the Fedaykin were an elite force, which would be supplemented by conscripted troops. So it's entirely possible that new converts and resentful populations filled the ranks of the jihad, with Fremen as both the tip of the spear and the officers. As georgie said, Frank Herbert doesn't hand you everything, he intentionally leaves clues and vague outlines, so that the reader can fill in the details, because he assumes you're intelligent (quite different from George RR Martin's love of pedantic detail). My recent thread is another example of that.
eta: In the conversation between Hawat and the Baron, the Fremen population is estimated as at least 10 million, and that's a bare minimum -- there might have been tens of millions more. So yes, they had the numbers. The clues are there if you read the text.
Fremen : Museum Fremen :: Frank : Brian & Kevin
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

xcalibur wrote: 14 Dec 2022 08:40 Yes, they did have the numbers. Fremen were not limited to Paul-Muad'dib's sietch, there were many sietches among the Ichwan Bedwine, some of which may have been larger. Besides, the Fedaykin were an elite force, which would be supplemented by conscripted troops. So it's entirely possible that new converts and resentful populations filled the ranks of the jihad, with Fremen as both the tip of the spear and the officers. As georgie said, Frank Herbert doesn't hand you everything, he intentionally leaves clues and vague outlines, so that the reader can fill in the details, because he assumes you're intelligent (quite different from George RR Martin's love of pedantic detail). My recent thread is another example of that.
eta: In the conversation between Hawat and the Baron, the Fremen population is estimated as at least 10 million, and that's a bare minimum -- there might have been tens of millions more. So yes, they had the numbers. The clues are there if you read the text.
10 million fremen to make Fedaykin to sterilize the planets of 90 billion... I think he needed Guild help
~Pink Snowman
xcalibur

Post by xcalibur »

Freakzilla wrote: 09 Feb 2023 01:59
xcalibur wrote: 14 Dec 2022 08:40 Yes, they did have the numbers. Fremen were not limited to Paul-Muad'dib's sietch, there were many sietches among the Ichwan Bedwine, some of which may have been larger. Besides, the Fedaykin were an elite force, which would be supplemented by conscripted troops. So it's entirely possible that new converts and resentful populations filled the ranks of the jihad, with Fremen as both the tip of the spear and the officers. As georgie said, Frank Herbert doesn't hand you everything, he intentionally leaves clues and vague outlines, so that the reader can fill in the details, because he assumes you're intelligent (quite different from George RR Martin's love of pedantic detail). My recent thread is another example of that.
10 million fremen to make Fedaykin to sterilize the planets of 90 billion... I think he needed Guild help
10 million is a minimum, it might've been 50 or 100 million for all we know. Naturally, he would've needed the Guild regardless, who were forced to do Maud'dib's bidding by his control over the Spice, ie his ability to destroy it at will.
Fremen : Museum Fremen :: Frank : Brian & Kevin