Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Atreyuh

Post by Atreyuh »

Baraka Bryan wrote:so i befriended Byron on facebook (put him on limited profile so he can't lurk me at all :P)

and I wrote this on his wall: "so how does it feel to know you're aiding and abetting the highjacking and destruction of your grandfather's legacy?"

2 minutes later, the post is gone, so i post this
"lol, so you treat any words of dissent the same here as you do at dunenovels eh? just delete and pretend they never happened? how about facing the criticism like a man?"

edit to add: that post got deleted and he removed the facebook 'friendship'
wow what a loser
Next step: Send the Fedaykins!!
:twisted:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I don't even bother trying to (be)friend them anymore. (But I did send TAZbo a "Hey buddy! I found you! How ya doin'?!" message. That oughta freak him out a bit. :P )

Kim still seems fairly nice and non-offensive, but the way they both have part of the Dune cover as their avatars ... Sheesh, people, is your being the grandchild of a famous writer the high/selling point of your existence?

How sad. :roll:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Wow ... TAZ actually replied!
Re: Hey, buddy!

Dude, I thought we agreed to respect each other's personal spaces.

I don't understand what your problem with Kevin is. It seems like it goes further than supposed inaccuracies. I mean, I have a problem with errors in established universes too but I think they did a great job in keeping the errors down... and I stand by the fact that there aren't many, if any, inaccuracies.... Most people don't even try. Frank himself had many errors, that because of your page, are being brought into light. Don't you understand that you're hurting the DUNE legacy (as well as real people with real feelings) by doing what you're doing? It would be one thing if it were justified but you and I both know that it's not.
For the record, there was never any communication regarding any such agreement. Must have happened inside his head?

This is rich, no? I'M hurting the Dune legacy more than Kevin and Brian? By pointing out Frank's mistakes. I suppose hiding and denying them would be the proper course of action, according to TAZ?

Of course it would: that's what he does for Kevin and McDune! :roll:

Damn. I see the intervening year or so has not managed to provide him with any firmer grasp of reality. Once a head-case always a head-case?

"[T]here aren't many, if any, inaccuracies." :shock:

:laughing:

As for hurting people's feelings ... is this an indication I've struck a nerve or two? Some whisper of pain in a private moment?

Oooh, I really hope so. :twisted:
Atreyuh

Post by Atreyuh »

I did it...

I finally burnt my french copies of House Atreides, Harkonnen and Corrino.

Might I add a gross detail. I actually wept (preterit of wipe I hope it is correct) my beautiful bum with the first 5 pages of House Atreides...
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

You'd think that would be the past-tense, but no, it's wiped. Wept is the past-tense of weep.

Nice work though! :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Atreyuh wrote:my beautiful bum
:shock:

This is one of those details of interest only to a limited number of the membership. :P
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

:)
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

^^^ Her "interested" face. :P
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

:D
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:Wow ... TAZ actually replied!
Thank God! I've been waiting for more wisdom from that particular preq. I love how he almost opened up to the possibility that there might be inconsistencies, but backed away almost immediately.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Wow ... TAZ actually replied!
Re: Hey, buddy!

Dude, I thought we agreed to respect each other's personal spaces.

I don't understand what your problem with Kevin is. It seems like it goes further than supposed inaccuracies. I mean, I have a problem with errors in established universes too but I think they did a great job in keeping the errors down... and I stand by the fact that there aren't many, if any, inaccuracies.... Most people don't even try. Frank himself had many errors, that because of your page, are being brought into light. Don't you understand that you're hurting the DUNE legacy (as well as real people with real feelings) by doing what you're doing? It would be one thing if it were justified but you and I both know that it's not.
For the record, there was never any communication regarding any such agreement. Must have happened inside his head?

This is rich, no? I'M hurting the Dune legacy more than Kevin and Brian? By pointing out Frank's mistakes. I suppose hiding and denying them would be the proper course of action, according to TAZ?

Of course it would: that's what he does for Kevin and McDune! :roll:

Damn. I see the intervening year or so has not managed to provide him with any firmer grasp of reality. Once a head-case always a head-case?

"[T]here aren't many, if any, inaccuracies." :shock:

:laughing:

As for hurting people's feelings ... is this an indication I've struck a nerve or two? Some whisper of pain in a private moment?

Oooh, I really hope so. :twisted:
At least you know that he is reading your blog. What a nitwit. Anyone who thinks its best to ignore problems and hope they go away....Waht a preek.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

But WAIT! There's more!

I was just chatting with Schu over there (and he's here now, too) and told him TAZ is such a Chatty Cathy once you get him started. :D

I replied:
Today at 6:45 am I wrote:I don't remember any such agreement. But don't worry your sweet little head about it: you stay out of my way and I'll leave you alone. Simple, no? Besides, I'm quite content to know that you haven't changed a bit and that you still don't get it. See you around! :D
At 7:27 am TAZ wrote:I should have known better than to trust your word.

Changed? What exactly am I supposed to "get"? You attack me, my friends, and it's all for no reason. Don't you have anything better to do? You seem like an intelligent guy... Why are you wasting it on this? If you think that you can write better then go write your own novel. I don't understand what you have to gain from this.
Still don't remember what he's talking about. And it's not worth going back through my old DN PMs or MySpace messages to see if he's not just loony.
Then, at 7:30 am, TAZ wrote:Do you think Frank would appreciate you attacking his son, granddaughter, and other members of his family?

Is this jealousy?...

...I just don't understand...
Well, I can agree completely with that last bit: he doesn't understand! :lol:

Seriously, though, and sadly: he hasn't made one inch of progress in all this time. He'll be my age and still going on about how great KJA's Dune books were, why doesn't anyone read or talk about them anymore.....?

And that's kinda sad....
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:And that's kinda sad....
No there's not. The world needs followers. Feel no pity for those who deserve none. Wonder how that artist/movie career of his is going?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Schu

Post by Schu »

It's all just poetry. Lovely stuff.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:But WAIT! There's more!

I was just chatting with Schu over there (and he's here now, too) and told him TAZ is such a Chatty Cathy once you get him started. :D

I replied:
Today at 6:45 am I wrote:I don't remember any such agreement. But don't worry your sweet little head about it: you stay out of my way and I'll leave you alone. Simple, no? Besides, I'm quite content to know that you haven't changed a bit and that you still don't get it. See you around! :D
At 7:27 am TAZ wrote:I should have known better than to trust your word.

Changed? What exactly am I supposed to "get"? You attack me, my friends, and it's all for no reason. Don't you have anything better to do? You seem like an intelligent guy... Why are you wasting it on this? If you think that you can write better then go write your own novel. I don't understand what you have to gain from this.
Still don't remember what he's talking about. And it's not worth going back through my old DN PMs or MySpace messages to see if he's not just loony.
Then, at 7:30 am, TAZ wrote:Do you think Frank would appreciate you attacking his son, granddaughter, and other members of his family?

Is this jealousy?...

...I just don't understand...
Well, I can agree completely with that last bit: he doesn't understand! :lol:

Seriously, though, and sadly: he hasn't made one inch of progress in all this time. He'll be my age and still going on about how great KJA's Dune books were, why doesn't anyone read or talk about them anymore.....?

And that's kinda sad....
Man, I miss that little fucker. :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No need to: he's over there on Facebook, just waiting for ya! :P
Atreyuh

Post by Atreyuh »

Mandy wrote::)
SandChigger wrote:^^^ Her "interested" face. Razz
:oops:

French guys are shy :twisted:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Yeah, right...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Shy ... of any hint of shyness. :P

(Where I come from we say, "That boy's shy of a lick of sense." Anyone else use it that way? I think it derives from "just shy of" = "short of" = "lacks". ;) )
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Don't be scerd! :P

Chig, you should hook TAZ up with Hyppo :wink:
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Mandy wrote:Don't be scerd! :P

Chig, you should hook TAZ up with Hyppo :wink:
*shudder*
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

As much as I think TAZ is a total idiot and wish him no well, I wouldn't wish that pullulating pustulation of a perschwanky on anybody.

:vomit:
moreh_yeladim

Post by moreh_yeladim »

Atreyuh wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:so i befriended Byron on facebook (put him on limited profile so he can't lurk me at all :P)

and I wrote this on his wall: "so how does it feel to know you're aiding and abetting the highjacking and destruction of your grandfather's legacy?"

2 minutes later, the post is gone, so i post this
"lol, so you treat any words of dissent the same here as you do at dunenovels eh? just delete and pretend they never happened? how about facing the criticism like a man?"

edit to add: that post got deleted and he removed the facebook 'friendship'
wow what a loser
Next step: Send the Fedaykins!!
:twisted:
I pledge my online life to TZVA HAGANAH Le'DUNE -- the Dune Defense Force! :twisted:
Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Bless you. :)
NotAbout

Post by NotAbout »

Joined!

Now all my friends can ask me what a Herbertarian is.