Tleilax bucket

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Mandy
Cat Herder

Tleilax bucket

Post by Mandy »

I was looking up the word "Jadacha" cause Chig and the new guy were discussing "Jadacha hermaphrodites" up there in the Bene Tleilax forum.. anyway I came across this http://www.speedylook.com/Tleilax_bucket.html and thought it was good for a laugh, if you haven't seen it before.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Wow, thanks for ending this long-running controversy. Jadacha is obviously the BT god - it must be true, I read it on the internet. :wink:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Of course.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

no. wait. I read that again, more slowly this time - that's not what's being said at all ... ooooohhhh this is going to be fun.

THANK YOU, MANDY !! :D
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

So the Tleilaxu worked with the "House of the Mothers?" How could I have missed that!? :D
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Did you know the French for bucket is seau. Tleilax-seau. It's genius. 8)
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

We need one of our francophone members to check their translations of the books. Those "priests of Jadacha" are mentioned in the article on the Bene Tleilax on the French Wikipedia (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bene_Tleilax):
... le Bene Tleilax finira par fuir le Landsraad sous la pression des prêtres de Jadacha
Is this something added by the translator to the books? (We've talked about that before, too.)

Anyway, "Tleilax Bucket" looks like the reworked output of a bad automatic translator.
:wink:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

chanilover wrote:Did you know the French for bucket is seau. Tleilax-seau. It's genius. 8)
Thank you cl. I was completely lost on the point of this thread until I read that post. Guess I need to learn more French. Or perhaps just blame them more :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Yep, I thought it read like a bad translation. It's still funny.. did you read KJA's page? I lol'd at The Saga off Seven Suns.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Préquelle :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Paul Atréides triumphed over its enemies. In twelve years of holy war, its Fremen conquered the universe, everywhere fleet the green flag of the Atréides. It became the Empereur Muad' Dib. Almost a God, since he sees the future. Its enemies, he knows them: the space Guild, the Bucket Gesserit, the old Imperial House Corrino and obviously the Bucket Tleilax. It knows when and how they will strike. They will try to take again the Épice to him which gives the Prescience and perhaps to bore the secrecy of its capacity.
nice try at an explanation, CL, but too clever by far for these buckets ...
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Here is part of the separate entry for Paul; read it and weep for the French ....
Paul Oreste Atréides is a character of fiction of the Cycle of Dune, of Frank Herbert. He is also called Usul by the Fremen of the Sietch Tabr, and Muad' Dib by the others Sietchs.
He is the main character of the first two volumes (Dune and the Messiah of Dune), and reappears in the Children of Dune in another form. Its heritage is then latent in the other tome cheeses of the series.

Education
Wire of the Duke Leto Atréides and his concubine Bucket Gesserit Jessica, it receives its first first name of his large paternal father Paulus Atréides and the second, Oreste, of the myth of Agamemnon base of Atréides. It is born on the planet Kaitain in the palate from Shaddam IV and misses being assassinated by the first Ghola Piter de Vries, the Mentat of Vladimir Harkonnen. It is saved only by the intervention of the empress Anirul, who pays it her life.
ImageImage

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Oreste?

WTF ?!

:lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Orestes, you know, the son of Agamemnon, son of Atreus.

That Greek mythology class one of them took in uni is really standing them in good stead. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Eru

Re: Tleilax bucket

Post by Eru »

I like the entry for Piter de Vries...it's for the year 1530 :lol:
If there's anything I've learned from working with monkeys, it's that there is no problem which cannot be solved by flinging poo at it.
Eru

Post by Eru »

And apparently, "Bene" is French for "bucket"
If there's anything I've learned from working with monkeys, it's that there is no problem which cannot be solved by flinging poo at it.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I'd forgotten all about this! :lol:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

this is less amusing to me now that I've had more experience with on-line translators
than I did at the time ... well, still kinda funny, but I understand what's going on now ...
ImageImage

Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

SandRider wrote:this is less amusing to me now that I've had more experience with on-line translators
than I did at the time ... well, still kinda funny, but I understand what's going on now ...
You were srs bsns back then :P
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.