Intercepted HLP Emails

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:I think he would have been way better than Kyle McLaughlin and his Hair.
My first two thoughts upon seeing Paul's initial scene:

1. "This guy is like 27 years old."

2. "I wonder if his hair actually gets a credit at the end."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I think he would have been way better than Kyle McLaughlin and his Hair.

I heard his hair got it's own trailer on the set.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

So...there'll probably be some equivalent for Kevin's EGO on the new production, right?

Maybe a concessions cart outside the studio gates? :wink:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
I heard his hair got it's own trailer on the set.
Over the years, I've learned to overlook Kyle's hair. After all, it was the 80s.

Ok, the ten thousand one hundred eighties, but whatever ........ :roll:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

My biggest problem was that by the time I got around to watching to movie as an adult Dune fan (also saw it when I was a kid but I was too young to really remember it) I had been living with my girlfriend for a while - which means I had been conned into watching Sex and the City.

It was completely and utterly impossible for me to take Kyle seriously as Muad'dib after knowing him first as an impotent high society goof. Kinda ruined it a wee bit.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:My biggest problem was that by the time I got around to watching to movie as an adult Dune fan (also saw it when I was a kid but I was too young to really remember it) I had been living with my girlfriend for a while - which means I had been conned into watching Sex and the City.

It was completely and utterly impossible for me to take Kyle seriously as Muad'dib after knowing him first as an impotent high society goof. Kinda ruined it a wee bit.
I only knew him as that weird detective guy from Twin Peaks... and his hair.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I knew Maclaughlin mostly from the early Lynch films even before I was a serious film fan. He's been in Lynch's Blue Velvet, Dune and Twin Peaks. I saw him in bit parts after that, like in Stone's The Doors and the awful Verhoven film Showgirls, but didn't really see all that much of him until Sex and The City came along. Since then he seems to have found himself a rather successful niche career playing that same middle aged urban male role on TV.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sex and the City...now that's one I really don't get. Managed to sit through about ten minutes of an episode once, that was it. So Kyle guested that one, huh? Haven't seen the Stone flick; may have caught a pastie or two of the Verhoven; but have seen all three of the Lynch titles.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.... ;)
SandRider
Watermaster

555/32

Post by SandRider »

I think I saw it a time or two - that was the show about the three hookers and their middle-aged madam, right ?
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, that sounds pretty much like what I saw. ;)
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

The odds of Sex & The City viewings go way up for us married folk. I really dreaded my first couple of viewings, but I began to actually enjoy it most of the time.

The episodes that were too chick-centric were pretty much laugh-free for me. But the ones that concentrated on more generic subjects weren't too bad.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Its like they were speaking an alien language, but intelligently. Same with Gilmore Girls. And yes. The ring does increase your chances of viewing said shows.

I used to purge myself during viewing by blurting out "what did that slut say, Honey?" My wife lerned to tune me out right quick.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

My wife only watches crime dramas. :cry:
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

I was into Sex & The City waaay before it really caught on with the female audience. That was back during the first couple seasons, when I was 14ish and the show still had female nudity. Now, all you get is the occasional male posterior. Therefore the show is no longer appealing to me. yeah, I'm ahead of the curve like that.

And don't get me started on Gilmore Girls. The show where EVERYONE is CONSTANTLY and EXTREMELY clever and witty. Like, there are moments where a character makes the funniest, most pointed joke, without missing a beat, and the character next to them doesn't even laugh, or say "Holy shit, that was clever!"

I hate it.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

My grandparents apparently thought my parents would like the show (the thought of that: :vomit:) and taped a few eps and mailed them to us. I fast forwarded most through most the eps so that I could have the opportunity to appreciate the female form. :smile:

(Yes, I was a teenager and no, I didn't have broadband yet so the internet wasn't useful to me in my formative years :wink: )
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

My friend's wife watches the neutered version of Sex and the City where they censor all the naughty scenes. I lifted my head from my face palm and gasped "But it's Sex...and the City"! She nodded her acknowledgment but said she doesn't like watching explicit scenes.

Only in a country as fucked up as this can someone be considered sane when they watch a show about sex with no actual sex in it. It's like an action movie where no one dies! Where's the climax, literally! :roll:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:My friend's wife watches the neutered version of Sex and the City where they censor all the naughty scenes. I lifted my head from my face palm and gasped "But it's Sex...and the City"! She nodded her acknowledgment but said she doesn't like watching explicit scenes.

Only in a country as fucked up as this can someone be considered sane when they watch a show about sex with no actual sex in it. It's like an action movie where no one dies! Where's the climax, literally! :roll:
Was is like three minutes long? :lol:
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:My friend's wife watches the neutered version of Sex and the City where they censor all the naughty scenes. I lifted my head from my face palm and gasped "But it's Sex...and the City"! She nodded her acknowledgment but said she doesn't like watching explicit scenes.

You sir, must never have observed the glory that was The A-Team.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:

You sir, must never have observed the glory that was The A-Team.
I pity the fool who didn't grow up watching the A-Team!
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Au contraire. North American cartoons and crap like the A-Team was VERY key during my formative years in developing a healthy disgust for censorship. But I suppose I have those programs to thank, for without them to ridicule I wouldn't have matured with a sense of good taste :)
And an aversion to Rush :P
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

GamePlayer wrote:It's like an action movie where no one dies! Where's the climax, literally! :roll:
Maybe it's because Ultraviolet* was terrible, but I'd definitely consider it an action movie with no action... just over-stylized set pieces and a plot that makes Die Hard 4 look literary. Also it contained vampires... in the sun... in a technologically advanced future... and hair and body suits that changed color for no reason other than that a new "action" sequence was taking place.

*I did not pay to see this crap. It was one of the only movies I've seen where I asked myself "Why am I still watching this?" Well, at least it was part of a double feature. :D
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I think I watched all of that one; movie channel feature a year or more back. Gots that French bint in it, right? (Edit: D'uh. She's Polish? Whatever. Is she still married to what's-his-name?)

I enjoyed Aeon Flux much more.

But then I'd suck the sweat from the soles of Charlize's feet. :P
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:I think I watched all of that one; movie channel feature a year or more back. Gots that French bint in it, right? (Edit: D'uh. She's Polish? Whatever. Is she still married to what's-his-name?)
I think she's still married to the man responsible for the Resident Evil and Predator vs Alien movies. Both excellent cinema. :roll:
SandChigger wrote:I enjoyed Aeon Flux much more.

But then I'd suck the sweat from the soles of Charlize's feet. :P
I haven't seen that one yet, but it might be wise for you stay away from MR F, though I must admit that the plastic surgery did wonders!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Friday, December 12, 2008
To: KJA
Re: note to self

Tim may not be satisfied with the .001% cut of the $24.99 on the calendar. Watch him closely.
Don't trust that fucker, he knows too much. What if he gets it in his head to push me off a cliff,
steal my laptop, and then continue the Seven Suns Saga with Byron claiming to be using my notes ?
"Based on the outline by Kevin J. Anderson" my ass. Note to Sue, book Tim on a cruise, get those
Columbians we met to "take care of him". Send Byron along too, while you're at it.

Oh, and check on Brian in the asylum. Sue, get ahold of that Japanese engineer who built that robot
broad - see if he can do one up of Brian to take on the Jessica of Dune book tour. There's no
fucking way Herbert's gonna make this one, I don't care what the doctors say, he's a goddamn wetbrain.

Call Becca, see if she still wants to go see "Day the Earth Stood Still" tonight. Tell her to pack all the
snacks she wants in her purse, I'm not paying concession stand prices.
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hits ALL the right buttons! :lol:

(Tell me you're not feeling better!)