posts that I think should be deleted at DN

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: posts that I think should be deleted at DN

Post by SandChigger »

He's either being more obtuse than usual or just not even trying.

There's no "FH Dune" without Paul, but the "other Dune" could get along without him?

Oh, whatever. The day I listen to anything sell-out Byron Merritt has to say about Dune, shoot me.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Schu

Post by Schu »

But if you don't listen, how can you lambast? Just listen but remember he's probably full of shit!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

OK, listen seriously. ;)

And he's already proven too many times over that he's completely full of shit.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Can't you hear something without listening to it, or is that just a subtle Scots thing whereby to listen to something implies to pay it heed? (but what do I know, I've a black dug on the size of a cow)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Can't HEAR you! :hand: :P

(Wot ... making it a dubh dug? Ach, mo thruaighe!)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Baliset wrote:i really don't understand why this hate. Are those haters so devoted Herbert worshippers that would devotedly and continuously curse those who ruined their dream?

That's annoying. If I want to start a discussion on whether the Cogitors pee, or how Erasmus liked to have sex with Amia Yo, I don't want it to be noised with comments like "THERE WAS NO ERASMUS!!!11!!" or "Rossak was an icy planet, not a jungle; go read the Dune Encyclopedia!!" or "LoD was so shitty that I deleted it from my mind!!". Sure, but when I want to discuss something about the prequels I don't give a s*** about who hates them. I didn't ask.

Ok they hate newDune. Now, let's go on please; because there is no reason to remind me of this in every given opportunity. There are plenty of places they have done it and they can go on doing it there. They can continue reading the originalDune and I will continue enjoying the Dune originals, the prequels, the sequels, the Encyclopedia and the games, no matter how much bashing I read and not giving a damn about which is canon.
Morons lacking in taste and discriminative abilities will swallow any old shit that gets slopped down before them.

Oink oink. Now thanks for playing and fuck you very much. :)
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:
Baliset wrote:i really don't understand why this hate. Are those haters so devoted Herbert worshippers that would devotedly and continuously curse those who ruined their dream?

That's annoying. If I want to start a discussion on whether the Cogitors pee, or how Erasmus liked to have sex with Amia Yo, I don't want it to be noised with comments like "THERE WAS NO ERASMUS!!!11!!" or "Rossak was an icy planet, not a jungle; go read the Dune Encyclopedia!!" or "LoD was so shitty that I deleted it from my mind!!". Sure, but when I want to discuss something about the prequels I don't give a s*** about who hates them. I didn't ask.

Ok they hate newDune. Now, let's go on please; because there is no reason to remind me of this in every given opportunity. There are plenty of places they have done it and they can go on doing it there. They can continue reading the originalDune and I will continue enjoying the Dune originals, the prequels, the sequels, the Encyclopedia and the games, no matter how much bashing I read and not giving a damn about which is canon.
Morons lacking in taste and discriminative abilities will swallow any old shit that gets slopped down before them.

IT'S A FUCKING DISCUSSION BOARD! What are people supposed to do?! Not give opinions? Damn those preeks is dumb.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Basically they're all in favor of censorship. :P

I was particularly impressed by the possible discussion topics. Cogitor piss and Erasmus' sex life. (I'd actually forgotten all about that bint. Erosmo only porked her after he broke her neck. ;) )

Anyway, after establishing a presence of sorts over there, he comes here blowing smoke and looking for answers to his questions...
I see that people here have seriously studied Dune. I guess it would be the case also with the Encyclopedia. Is there anybody who actually read and understood the BG entry?
The Dune Encyclopedia is just fan fiction, like McDune. It's interesting but I don't waste much time on it.

The big difference between the two, though, is that the DE was created out of love for what FH created, while McDune is purely the result of avarice and hack hubris.

(Note that he got more of a response here than he did over there. And I think the person who responded there is someone from here. ;) )
Karyle

Post by Karyle »

Yeah, I was the one who responded over there. For whatever reason Byron denied my name of Karyle for those boards, so I'm Dunvane over there.

Bunch of close-minded asshats. :Adolf:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:
SandChigger wrote:

IT'S A FUCKING DISCUSSION BOARD! What are people supposed to do?! Not give opinions? Damn those preeks is dumb.
Im kind of shocked that they are still talking about us over there. That is the stupid part. All this work to end us and our message and KJA's little asslickers can't even get the message.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I really hate it when n00bs over there don't realize I've been banned and reply to one of my old posts. :roll:

dunenovels.com Forum Index » For Lovers of Classic Dune Only » FH inconsistencies (page 11)
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:14 pm
Water Fatty wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Typographical error. Like this from the same book:
"But that's the function I expect of you, cousin. It's why I chose you. I'll make it official. I will give you a new name. From this moment, you'll be called Breaking of the Habit, which in our tongue is Harq al-Ada. Come, cousin, don't be obtuse. My mother taught you well. Give me your Sardaukar."
To nit pick: Leto could "become" Paul at whim and Jessica was Paul's mother. But more likely Jessica Leto used the term "mother" to refer to Jessica in much the same way he used "cousin" to refer to al-Ada; not literally but to show a close family relationship to get the Corrino to do what Leto wanted him to. Also Leto never really had a mother, Chani died at childbirth and Alia was... Alia. So Leto might actually view Jessica as a mother figure.
Thanks for playing FAT HEAD, but I think you're full of SHIT, not water.

By the way, the new guy over there, Prester Dilly, is a KJASF member. IIRC he's the one who accused me of "cyberstalking" after I posted comments on some of his shit reviews on Amazon. Another fanboy brain trust. :roll: (As you can probably gather from his avatar, which is the Captain's Compass or whatever it was called from Terruh Incontinenta.)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Kudos to Der Schube for the winning reply to the above:
Leto consistently calls Jessica Grandmother elsewhere when he uses familial relations (when he also could become Paul at will), so I'm going to guess it's still a typographical error. Harq-Al-Ada is a cousin on the distaff side, so calling him cousin makes perfect sense.
;)

Hmm. In a different thread this Water Fatty posted something that makes him/her almost sound OH-ish...

dunenovels.com Forum Index » All Things Dune » How much does KJA know about NewDune Haters?
I can't help but think of Odrade's(I think?) saying that "real boats rock." If no one can even "stretch" a history or story to find contradictions than there obviously has been a cover up to hide messy details that might confuse people. That being said I think the "boats" in the non-Frank Herbert series don't just rock but do somersaults.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is upset with the new series. I enjoyed the House Harkonnen/Atredies/Corrino but it went downhill form there imo. After Sandworms of Dune I decided to stop getting the latest new Dune book.
-15 pts for misspelling Atreides and not only like the House books but also getting them out of order. :P

(Off-topic: do people say both then and than as thuhn now or something? :roll: )

Oh, yeah, and the Little Piggie from Mexicali is being an ass with the bad Dune and moon=ass jokes. :roll:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:(Off-topic: do people say both then and than as thuhn now or something? :roll: )
I think most people are unaware they are different words. But yeah, they're usually pronounced the same, or very close.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:I think most people are unaware they are different words.
Right. You keep telling me but I keep forgetting that most people are idiots. :)

I guess I should be thankful for my southern Ohio dialect then, with my pre-nasal merger of e and i. 'Cause I say [dhin] for "then" and [dhan/dhuhn] for "than". ;)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think I do fairly well for not using a spell checker, so I don't feel bad saying it's one of the most frequently misspelled/missused words I see.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I don't think I've ever noticed you do it, but yeah, I see it all the time, everywhere online.

Like I mentioned above, it's not one that makes any sense to me. Instead I have to watch myself for shit like "since" for "sense". :roll:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

New shill over on DN: Usal420? (It's Usul, dipshit)

dunenovels.com Forum Index » All Things Dune » A Thank You.
This is just a thank you to Frank Herbert, Beverly Herbert, Brian Herbert, Kevin J. Anderson, and Herbert Family. or more poignantly just BH and KJA.

I just wanted to thank you for bringing the Dune Universe back. It's a great oportunity to read more into that Universe then what just Frank wrote, which to me I appreciate. I like to read more stories in that Universe, especially the main characters. To get to know them better is always enjoyable.

I liked the House series all aspects of it. Though just not the greatest of there books.

The Jihad series was very good I thought. The best of there efforts so far.

The finish of Dune, not to bad, but didn't seem deep enough that's all.

Paul of Dune, I thought I wasn't going to like, but I actually enjoyed it and didn't take very long to finish the book either, and I predict Winds of Dune will be similar. Can't wait to read it, when I get around to buying it.

and as the first line in Paul of Dune is ...Truth is not made from stone, but from wet clay, or something like that. Is a perfect way to look at all the books written by BH and KJA. and me personally, after reading the FH Dune books several times and Dreamer of Dune a couple of times, I believe FH would appreciate that line very much. I give props to BH and KJA for that.

Now I know there are parts that just get down right weird or silly, but to me that's ok, as long as the key story is still intact, which I believe it is and always shall be. It 's to great of a Universe to mess up in, it's about change and things moving.

I write this just to say I appreciate the efforts of BH and KJA, they might not be FH, but they said that themselves. Keep writing in that Universe, I shall forever enjoy.

special and forever thanks to Frank Herbert. I love you man. :( :cry: :lol: :)

In the "Where are you?" thread he claims to have been "Born in Maryland, raised in Georgia, live in Colorado," but the English almost seems non-native in places ("Another very good stories about the future of humanity and not the technological aspect." "This is just a post to give awareness for Gordon R. Dickson's Childe Cycle series as to me it's a lot like Dune, both very philosophical and stories about where man is going not where his technology is going. // I recommend for anybody that enjoyed Dune for it's depth and wisdom and great story, I recommend this series as well, and just like Dune it was not finished as the author passed away before he could complete the last 2 books in the series, though his friend wrote the 1 of those books the final ending book was never written. I would like someday for someone to finish that series to as I really enjoyed the thoughtfulness put into the books.")

Who knows? (Who cares? :P )

More "It's all about the cover!" nonsense: dunenovels.com Forum Index » Paul of Dune » Paperback Cover Confusion
dragon83 wrote:Amazon sent me the green and black cover, which is disappointing, because they show the other one on their site, and that's the one I was hoping for. Oh well.
Poldon wrote:So can we get some information from on high? Is the Winds-of-Dune-style cover available for purchase? Or just the green-and-black?
boardadmin wrote:
Poldon wrote:So can we get some information from on high? Is the Winds-of-Dune-style cover available for purchase? Or just the green-and-black?
You'd have to check with TOR, the publisher. Give them a jingle at questions@tor.com.
:roll: OK ... how long has Byron been admin and using that software? And he still can't figure out the url tag? (Hint: has to actually have a URL in the first tag, Byron!)

Tit.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

He's obviously stoned. (Usal420)

:banana-stoner:
...greatest of there books...
THEIR

And it wasn't a typo, he did it at least twice.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SandChigger wrote:
boardadmin wrote:
You'd have to check with TOR, the publisher. Give them a jingle at questions@tor.com.
:roll: OK ... how long has Byron been admin and using that software? And he still can't figure out the url tag? (Hint: has to actually have a URL in the first tag, Byron!)

Tit.
No Chig, the url tag does work like that - eg: "http://www.jacurutu.com", you only have to put the url in the first tag if you want the words to show as something else. Byron is doing it entirely correctly... if it was a url...

...Which it's not.

:)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

You don't need tags for an email address, a hyperlink is automatically created.

freakzilla@jacurutu.com
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:New shill over on DN: Usal420? (It's Usul, dipshit)

Truth is not made from stone, but from wet clay..., or something like that.can't even get the stupid quote right Is a perfect way to look at all the books written by BH and KJA. and me personally, after reading the FH Dune books several times and Dreamer of Dune a couple of times, I believe FH would appreciate that line very much. I give props to BH and KJA for that.

BS again...
or maybe not :)
Truth is not made from stone, but from wet clay
being
(the)perfect way to look at all the books written by BH and KJA
then it all makes sense since :cylon101: the evil twins are pretty good at forgetting the meaning of truth (and facts) :mrgreen:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Slugger

Post by Slugger »

Truth is like a target...and they can't even hit the broad-side of a barn.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No tags: http://www.dumbnovels.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Actually started this with just www and the boardware fills in the http://)

Tagged: http://www.dumbnovels.com (Same result; probably why I never noticed this use of the tag.)

No tags: byron@dumbnovels.com (Works fine.)

Tagged with "mailto": [url]mailto:byron@dumbnovels.com[/url] (Nope, that don't work. And it prevents the normal linking with mailto by the boardware! :lol: )

Did the antiquated form of the boardware they're still using NOT create hyperlinks automatically? I forget. :?

Either way, I stand by my original post: How long has he been using the boardware, and still can't use it?! Tit. :lol:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

So ... now there's a whole sub-forum for the alleged new Dune movie? Interesting ...

Eight topics, all started by that spineless sell-out, and all of two of them even have a single response. And the last post is by my close, personal friend Prester Dilly-O! It just doesn't get any better! :lol:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Pusster is such a joy! :P
I can't wait for the new movie. I hope they pour money into it and make it blow our minds.
And with a mind like his, it wouldn't take much.

(The new forum's been there about a week now. Yawn.)