Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Lundse

Nekhrun found this...

Post by Lundse »

Interesting indeed:

I am all-a-twitter about how Byron or Arnoldo will respond </sarcasm>

-
Nekhrun wrote:I found this interesting:
A second son would come, however. There would be another Leto, but that, too, carried heavy consequences—especially for Chani.

This seems to imply that Paul used his prescience to see a baby God Emperor; but I'm pretty sure in my copy of Dune Messiah it says that Paul didn't know about little Leto part II.

This seems like a pretty big deal as it seems to shake up Paul when it happens in DM. I'm throwing it in this year's edition of Nekhrun's Notes soon available at a discussion board near you.
Frank Herbert, in Dune Messiah wrote:Two babies! The vision had contained but one.
Frank Herbert, in Dune Messiah wrote:Two children, Paul thought wonderingly. The vision had contained only a daughter. He cast himself adrift from Idaho's arm, moved toward the place where Harah had spoken, stumbled into a hard surface. His hands explored it: the metaglass outlines of a creche.
Hm...
Maybe in the initial vision, he really saw that someday there would be another birth, featuring this Leto II?

Only...
Frank Herbert, in Dune Messiah wrote:Again he stumbled. Chani, Chani, he thought. There was no other way. Chani, beloved, believe me that this death was quicker for you . . . and kinder. They'd have held our children hostage, displayed you in a cage and slave pits, reviled you with the blame for my death. This way . . . this way we destroy them and save our children.
Children?
Once more, he stumbled.
I permitted this, he thought. I should feel guilty.
So Paul knew that Chani would die... And thought there would be born only a daughter?

Can we get a more experienced defender of the consistency of the KJA&BH books to take a look at this?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

This should be good, I can't wait until this gets deleted at DN. :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Sole Man

on these qoutes

Post by Sole Man »

A second son would come, however. There would be another Leto, but that, too, carried heavy consequences—especially for Chani.

Is that from the Demon book?
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I bet he deletes it outright.
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Freakzilla wrote:This should be good, I can't wait until this gets deleted at DN. :lol:
Actually, Byron's standard response to these things seems to be ignoring them now... I have quite a few thread-ending comments over there now :-)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Lundse wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:This should be good, I can't wait until this gets deleted at DN. :lol:
Actually, Byron's standard response to these things seems to be ignoring them now... I have quite a few thread-ending comments over there now :-)
I don't blame him, it's not like anyone is actually reading it. :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

God forbid those idiots ever reconcile a discrepancy. Deleted? Left alone? Who cares. They don't have the mental capacity to even see the problem.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Omphalos wrote:God forbid those idiots ever reconcile a discrepancy. Deleted? Left alone? Who cares. They don't have the mental capacity to even see the problem.
Well, I do like the fact that when someone new comes by, he/she at least has the opportunity to see how onesided these 'discussions' are - and who is failing to respond lucidly.
If nothing else, I am training argumentation and reminding myself about Dune.
cmsahe

re:

Post by cmsahe »

Yes I noted it the first time I read DM, but then I'm confused I thought that the "surprise" twin was Ghanima (spoil of war).
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Sole Man

on Muad'dib...

Post by Sole Man »

I wonder if Muad'dib ever gets De Ja vu.
chanilover

Re: on Muad'dib...

Post by chanilover »

Sole Man wrote:I wonder if Muad'dib ever gets De Ja vu.
Yep. Every time he summer salts through the air.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: Nekhrun found this...

Post by Nekhrun »

I forgot that there was a thread dedicated to things I find so here:

School employees in MN have been circulating this communication from law enforcement:
Subject: K2 –“ SPICE”
K2 – “Spice” a new illicit drug is now showing up in south metro high schools. This product is a
small package of herbal blends (looks like potpourri) and appears to be treated with differing
versions of synthetic cannabinoids. The effects of this illicit drug are similar to marijuana, but
also include panic attacks, convulsions, delusions, vomiting, heart palpitations, agitation, and
dilated pupils. The product is smoked or ingested to obtain the effects.

There are many names (due to many brands) for K2 including; Summit, K24, Citron, Krypton,
Swerve, Spike 99, Herbal Kush, Black Magic, Mojo, Cloud 9, Cosmic, Maya Blue, Night Watch,
Starry Night, Spicey, and Mango. The manufacturers and retailers are labeling the packages as
not for human consumption. But as found on one web site http://www.K2forLess.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can
purchase K2 gum balls. Here are some additional web sites to check out;
http://www.FastAroma.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , http://www.dutchincense.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , and http://www.K24real.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

The cost of the chemical is approximately $25.00 for a gram online. But K2 is now showing up
in tobacco stores. These tobacco stores are selling it as either an incense or potpourri. But
these retailers are requiring that buyers are 18 years old to purchase.

Currently K2 – “Spice” is illegal in Kansas, Missouri, and Alabama. It is also illegal in most
European countries. The U.S. Military has banned the use of K2 “Spice”. Currently Illinois has a
bill in both the house and senate to ban K2.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
twistedmentat

Re: Nekhrun found this...

Post by twistedmentat »

Sounds kinda like salvia, man that shit is evil.....