Rap star KJA/BH/HLP

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:go with romantic era pieces and i think you'll like them more than straight classical.

i suggest some chopin nocturnes or polonaises
Thanks, I will check this out.
Try Paganini

Niccolò Paganini (October 27, 1782 – May 27, 1840) was an Italian violinist, violist, guitarist, and composer. He was one of the most celebrated violin virtuoso of his time, and left his mark as one of the pillars of modern violin technique. His caprice in A minor, Op. 1 No. 24 is among his best known compositions, and serves as inspiration for other prominent artists from Johannes Brahms to Sergei Rachmaninoff.

You can hear a lot of his influence in Satriani and Malmsteen

I think I've got some tabs of his for guitar.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:go with romantic era pieces and i think you'll like them more than straight classical.

i suggest some chopin nocturnes or polonaises
Thanks, I will check this out.
Try Paganini

Niccolò Paganini (October 27, 1782 – May 27, 1840) was an Italian violinist, violist, guitarist, and composer. He was one of the most celebrated violin virtuoso of his time, and left his mark as one of the pillars of modern violin technique. His caprice in A minor, Op. 1 No. 24 is among his best known compositions, and serves as inspiration for other prominent artists from Johannes Brahms to Sergei Rachmaninoff.

You can hear a lot of his influence in Satriani and Malmsteen

I think I've got some tabs of his for guitar.
Thanks, I'll check that out too. I think my shredder buddy showed me a bit of a Paganini peice on guitar but I couldn't play it well.

Is he the guy that everyone thought had made a deal with Satan to play so well?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:
Try Paganini
Is he the guy that everyone thought had made a deal with Satan to play so well?
That's what they say. :roll: They're just jealous haters.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

If you like classical and guitar try Andres Segovia.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Or Yngwie Malmsteen.

http://www.yngwie.org/
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

TheDukester wrote:Or Yngwie Malmsteen.

http://www.yngwie.org/
Oh, I am well acquainted with the viking. :D
halcyo

Post by halcyo »

Sergei Rachmaninoff

MY FAVORITE!

Piano Concerto #2 in C Minor.....PERFECT!
A Thing of Eternity

I'm getting into Yo Yoma - he's been up to some very cool middle-eastern / eastern stuff.

I checked out him playing Caprice 24 by Paganini - that peice sounds great on cello.

I'd like to buy a cello but I'm scared of learning to play it.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

The Paganini ref got me thinking...

Kevin made a deal with the Devil, too.

Told him he wanted to write a shitload.

But the idiot forgot to add "of good books".

:D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

Baraka Bryan wrote:i love the cello. my sister plays it.

you want some sick cello work listen to some apocalyptica... 3 guys on electric cellos playing metallica covers and some original stuff.

on the topic of yo-yo ma, when the toronto music gardens first opened, my dad and our family was invited to the opening ceremony (he had supplied all the plants for the garden) and ma and some violinist went from garden to garden playing an example of the type of music it was based on and there was narration and stuff to go along with it. afterwards we went to this ritzy reception where he signed a couple cds my sister had of his and hung out with him for a while. you can rent an audio tour of that ceremony and it guides you through the gardens replaying that event. i want to do that sometime for nostalgia's sake :P
Apocalyptica are amazing!! Their cover of Nothing Else Matters is really something. I can't wait to see them in December!!
I am a mortal god.
A Thing of Eternity

Secher_Nbiw wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:i love the cello. my sister plays it.

you want some sick cello work listen to some apocalyptica... 3 guys on electric cellos playing metallica covers and some original stuff.

on the topic of yo-yo ma, when the toronto music gardens first opened, my dad and our family was invited to the opening ceremony (he had supplied all the plants for the garden) and ma and some violinist went from garden to garden playing an example of the type of music it was based on and there was narration and stuff to go along with it. afterwards we went to this ritzy reception where he signed a couple cds my sister had of his and hung out with him for a while. you can rent an audio tour of that ceremony and it guides you through the gardens replaying that event. i want to do that sometime for nostalgia's sake :P
Apocalyptica are amazing!! Their cover of Nothing Else Matters is really something. I can't wait to see them in December!!
I have one of their CDs from when I was a huge Metallica fan (old stuff only) in Jr Highschool. Very cool group.