posts that I think will get deleted at DN

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

leagued

posts that I think will get deleted at DN

Post by leagued »

about half my posts at DN get deleted, and I'd like to be able to immediately repost them. if putting them here is non-kosher, let me know.

There's a big difference between what one CAN (legally) do and what one SHOULD (morally) do. Yes, legally all negative posts can be deleted, but that is extremely limiting to any kind of real discussion of the literary works. Nothing progresses from praise alone.
LeagueD
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

It's OK if you post them here, but we have a topic at T(A)U for that.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
leagued

Post by leagued »

T(A)U?
LeagueD
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Remember rule two of T(A)U, DON'T talk about T(A)U!! :):)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Since Preeqs or suspected Preeqs aren't allowed on T(A)U, it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a thread here for temporary storage. Posts could be moved to the T(A)U thread(s) after we're sure of...affinities? ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Re: posts that I think will get deleted at DN

Post by TheDukester »

leagued wrote:about half my posts at DN get deleted, and I'd like to be able to immediately repost them.
So what's the point of all this?

If half your posts over there are being deleted ... why even bother? Why not just cut out the middleman and post somewhere once and be done with it?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

OH, but it's THE OFFICIAL BOARD!!!! :shock:

:roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Official POOP!

(am I doing it right?)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

inhuien wrote:Remember rule two of T(A)U, DON'T talk about T(A)U!! :):)
Nice! :lol:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

:) :)
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:OH, but it's THE OFFICIAL BOARD!!!! :shock:

Official sack of shit. What a dump, it's not even worth the effort to log on. Any site where a useless cunt like Hyppo can spread her wings like a virulent venereal disease has to be in trouble.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
leagued

Post by leagued »

So what's the point of all this?

If half your posts over there are being deleted ... why even bother? Why not just cut out the middleman and post somewhere once and be done with it?
I like to argue and that requires a dissenting position (such as those held by the people at DN). I also hate being censored, so I do post over here, but almost everyone here shares my opinion of the KJA books (and are often more vehement about it than I am) and so that doesn't really work as an enjoyable argument for me:
"I hate the KJA books"
"I hate the KJA books and think that he deserves to burned alive on a pile of pedophiles!"
"Uh... yeah, the books sucked donkey balls"
LeagueD
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

leagued wrote:"I hate the KJA books and think that he deserves to burned alive on a pile of pedophiles!"
Good one! :lol:
~Pink Snowman
Sole Man

on argueing

Post by Sole Man »

If you like to argue so much, just say you like the KJA books. (Just make up the things you like about them)

" love the KJA books!"
"You suck! What do you like about them?"
"Ugh...Plot, which they totally have, and its not just a bad ripoff of DUNE, a totally unrelated classic Science Fiction novel! Yeah...that's what I like about them..."
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Its more appropriate to call him a child molester, not a pedophile. He doesn't really love children, he just abuses their mental progression.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Rakis

Re: on argueing

Post by Rakis »

Sole Man wrote:If you like to argue so much, just say you like the KJA books. (Just make up the things you like about them)

" love the KJA books!"
"You suck! What do you like about them?"
"Ugh...Plot, which they totally have, and its not just a bad ripoff of DUNE, a totally unrelated classic Science Fiction novel! Yeah...that's what I like about them..."
:) Typical posts nowadays...
cmsahe

re:

Post by cmsahe »

SandChigger wrote:OH, but it's THE OFFICIAL BOARD!!!! :shock:

But almost nobody visits it!
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Secher Nbiw

Post by Secher Nbiw »

What gets deleted? Damn near everything.

reading order...

mine is:

original six (self contained)

House books (in order to understand the Legends books)

Legends (in order to understand hunters and sandworms)

Hunters and Sandworms (because they are tied to all the prelude series)

that one gets deleted... because I dare place the original six seperate from the prequels...
leagued

Post by leagued »

Are there any reviews out by well-known and respected sources? Not to say that Library Journal isn't a respectable publication, but its purpose is directed at stocking libraries, which are establishments that require a wide gamut of material to be stocked in order to draw the largest population segment. The goal of the publication is not to provide a useful review to a reader, but to indicate to librarians what books are likely to see a decent volume of readership.
There are several major newspaper columns dedicated to book reviews and countless sci-fi fantasy book blogs, are there any reviews coming in from those sources? No matter what the rep of the Library Journal among librarians, I think its fairly safe to say that their reviews carry little weight with the intended audience of Dune fans (or sci-fi fans in general). What's the early consensus on the book among genre reviewers? For a release as big as a new Dune book there should have been plenty of ARCs (Advance Review Copies) sent out to reviewers, so why haven't we been seeing reviews yet?

-in reply to a thread about a "starred" review from Library Journal
LeagueD
leagued

Post by leagued »

The original Dune did not receive a starred review from them but both Machine Crusade and Paul of Dune did.
So, do you agree that Frank Herbert's original Dune is inferior to both and/or either of these latter works? Or is the Library Journal review system based more on predicting mass appeal than literary quality?
LeagueD
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Keep at it, Leagued !! :)
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

leagued wrote:The original Dune did not receive a starred review from them but both Machine Crusade and Paul of Dune did.
So, do you agree that Frank Herbert's original Dune is inferior to both and/or either of these latter works? Or is the Library Journal review system based more on predicting mass appeal than literary quality?
That's a good point, I wonder what his rebuttle will be. Oh wait, there won't be a rebuttle, that'll get ghosted before I go over there to peek.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Oh, he's definitely caught on that one. Library Journal recommends, but does not review. Its job is strictly to gauge potential interest in new releases and then advise its readers accordingly.

And the great part is that Byron brought up the subject himself. He's the one who started that thread. Um ... whoops? :)

Look for that thread to be locked or deleted soon. It's how "history" is recorded over there.
Secher Nbiw

Post by Secher Nbiw »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
leagued wrote:The original Dune did not receive a starred review from them but both Machine Crusade and Paul of Dune did.
That's a good point, I wonder what his rebuttle will be. Oh wait, there won't be a rebuttle, that'll get ghosted before I go over there to peek.

posting it here, so you don't have to go there
Literary quality.

And I don't think they were doing starred reviews back in 1965.
and my soon-to-be-deleted reply:
if that constitutes a review would you then not mind if I gave a summary of the plot and then added "Don't buy this, it's rotten to the core"?

Or would you have that deleted in a heartbeat, stating that there's nothing constructive about it?