A little jihad of our own?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Ampoliros wrote:Just for the record, the store I work at hasn't sold a single copy yet. We also only received eight copies. Paul of Dune isn't even listed as being on our New in Sci-Fi section. I guess they don't expect it to sell very well. I'll have to check and see if there is even a display option for it. That means wither or not the company I work for or the publisher created display material.

While my store isn't a very high volume one, we are in a downtown location, so most of our sales come from new and popular books.
that's interesting. i wonder what would happen if PoD bombed big time? i wonder how bad things would have to be for the publisher to pull the next book from going ahead?
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

:smoke:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I was at my closest B&N this afternoon and, sadly, there was an in-your-face display for PoD, big as life and twice as ugly. The good news is that I was in the store for a fair amount of time and didn't see a single person stop and look at a copy.

As I was leaving, I grabbed one and flipped to a random page about two-thirds of the way through. It was just awful, as expected ... something about Paul and Irulan that was nothing more than a series of tell-not-show sentences with no depth or feeling. I absolutely cannot understand how anyone over the age of, say, 12 could ever defend such limp-dick prose. Oh, sorry, Byron, what I meant to say was "they outdid themselves." (you fucking twat)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

hmmm, i'll have to call around the local stores and see if anyone has one. I might be able to get my hands on one for the OH.

Once its reached the end of it's display date, of course Byron. :roll:
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla wrote:If anyone has any suggestion on how to do this I'd like to hear them.
Don;t know how good the advise is but you could try here.
http://www.web-inspect.com/google-tips- ... nkings.php
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

inhuien wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:If anyone has any suggestion on how to do this I'd like to hear them.
Don;t know how good the advise is but you could try here.
http://www.web-inspect.com/google-tips- ... nkings.php
Thanks!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Freakzilla wrote:
Tyrant wrote:cant u guys just look at his isp to see who it is?..compare it to others who have posted? ... who has access to all that...Freak i assume
I know who it is. If they want to reveal any other identity it's up to them.

Everyone here is free to do and say whatever they want. I just wanted to be on the record that I don't advocate anything illegal or violent.
Guys, I think Freak might be planning something illegal and/or violent...
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

TheDukester wrote:I was at my closest B&N this afternoon and, sadly, there was an in-your-face display for PoD, big as life and twice as ugly. The good news is that I was in the store for a fair amount of time and didn't see a single person stop and look at a copy.

As I was leaving, I grabbed one and flipped to a random page about two-thirds of the way through. It was just awful, as expected ... something about Paul and Irulan that was nothing more than a series of tell-not-show sentences with no depth or feeling. I absolutely cannot understand how anyone over the age of, say, 12 could ever defend such limp-dick prose. Oh, sorry, Byron, what I meant to say was "they outdid themselves." (you fucking twat)
I feel pretty much the same way about Byron. I'm trudging through Sandworms and it's so bad, I can't believe Byron defends this shit. He must be desperate for his share of the money.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

chanilover wrote:
TheDukester wrote:I was at my closest B&N this afternoon and, sadly, there was an in-your-face display for PoD, big as life and twice as ugly. The good news is that I was in the store for a fair amount of time and didn't see a single person stop and look at a copy.

I feel pretty much the same way about Byron. I'm trudging through Sandworms and it's so bad, I can't believe Byron defends this shit. He must be desperate for his share of the money.
He's probably been promised an opportunity to join in writing Dune books some day. I can't see him spouting so much BS just for the sake of cash.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
chanilover wrote:

He's probably been promised an opportunity to join in writing Dune books some day. I can't see him spouting so much BS just for the sake of cash.
His cynicism is breathtaking. It's easy money, why not do what he can to make sure it keeps rolling in while Frank Herbert's legacy is shat on by that closet fag hack Anderson.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
chanilover wrote:

Agreed. Although not a reassuring thought...
Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

I look at it another way. I don't see these new books as shitting on the originals. I see them as poor attempts to live up to the legacy and falling flat on their face. The authors of this book dismiss people who know this because they know it. They keep on pushing out more and more books in a hope that sheer volume speaks louder than...well words.

The first book Dune outshines ALL of the prequal/sequals on its own when you add messiah, Children of Dune, GOD EMPEROR (in caps coz its my fav lol), Heretics and Chapterhouse you have a saga that will outsine ANY other in science fiction. In my mind they do not sully or damage the originals, the only way they would like the originals seem less to me is if they were better......and they are not and never will be. I only buy and read them because I feel that I cannot truly have an opinion on something unless I've seen it with my own eyes.
Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

I am one of these terrible people who take weeks/months to read a book because I read so many at the same time lol!

That and most of the prequal/sequal books were gifts. The only one I've ever bought myself was House A.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Laphtiya wrote:I am one of these terrible people who take weeks/months to read a book
That's me. I started Dune in Jan/Feb this year, read all six then Grunters and I'm still plodding through Sandworms.
orald

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote:I don't care who it is, but I will never advocate anything destructive as a means to our goals.
*sigh* You were never a true Fremen. We Fremen learn from a young age that sometimes hard and cruel acts are necessary to survive in this Duniverse.

Besides, it's a necessary part of the Golden Path! For realz! :D
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Simon

Post by Simon »

chanilover wrote:I think it's Simon.

Whoever you are, if you think Dunenovels is so bad, why do you care if you get banned from there? I think you're here to shit-stir, but time will tell.

EEEEERRRRRRRRR! Wrong! :lol:

Unrepentant fan remember.
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

orald wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I don't care who it is, but I will never advocate anything destructive as a means to our goals.
*sigh* You were never a true Fremen. We Fremen learn from a young age that sometimes hard and cruel acts are necessary to survive in this Duniverse.

Yes take BH & KJA to the desert that Shai Hulud disposes of them! (But What if the Sandworm has an indigestion as a consequence of eating them?)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

cmsahe wrote:
orald wrote:

Yes take BH & KJA to the desert that Shai Hulud disposes of them! (But What if the Sandworm has an indigestion as a consequence of eating them?)
You give them Ultra Pepto Bismol...
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Rakis wrote:
cmsahe wrote:
orald wrote:

You give them Ultra Pepto Bismol...
All hail Rakis, for he knows the truth of it. :D
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Indeed !! Image
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

So ... no posts from "Motivated" lately, huh?

It appears this unfunny episode has run its course. Lame.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Yeah, too bad...derange, but entertaining... :P
SandRider
Watermaster

the call to action

Post by SandRider »

I say to you this day, My Brothers :

go forth unto the World Wide Web;
take with you strong Maker Hooks,
dig deep into the sides of all related
fansites, boards and blogs, leaving
there Holy Hyperlinks, directing the
poor ignorant and betrayed masses to

JACURUTU, so that they may come,
and Learn, and Worship in Peace with Us

There truly are Fremen in the conspiracy...