A little jihad of our own?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Motivated

A little jihad of our own?

Post by Motivated »

Obviously this is a clone, because what I'm suggesting is going to get me banned on the official dunenovels board. Then again, I might have already been banned...

We didn't throw the first stone, we bought the books, we gave them our opinions and we gave them our criticism.

And what did we get in return?

Nobody listened to the points we raised in the discussions on the official forum. The only people that got heard are the inbred retards that surround them like sycophants and lame yes-men, people with no mind of their own, who only seem to thrive on juvinile hype, and whose sole ambition is to become a lapdog.

If any of our questions seeped through to the authors, once every blue moon, we were rewarded with bull-shit answers that boiled down to: "because we wrote it, and we never make mistakes."

The crap continued to flow, and it became more obvious and more blatant that the authors didn't really give a crap about the originals. Up to the point where they're stripmining a carcas. Hurray, they raped and pillaged the original six books, six novels that had depth and meaning, and made an impact on our lives...

We were quickly silenced on the official board, censored and put in chains. We were demonized and driven off, regardless of the effort we put into our criticisms.

Then they came after us across the internet. Hunting our nicknames down, just so they could find a reason to silence us further, to have us banned.

And still we're seeing the shit pour from their pens.

They've managed to get reviews deleted on other sites, managed to force those sites to agree with their moronic little crusade against nay-sayers.

And the shit continued to flow.

So why don't we take a more radical stance?

I'm talking about making sure that the new books don't get sold.

I'm not saying we should do illegal stuff... but an accident can happen... a book can easily slip from your hands, and the cover is already so slipery and fragile... and the spine of a book, it's just not made for opening a novel fully... and if you put the copy you're holding back... you might actually remember that you found this copy somewhere on the back of the shelf, hidden behind more than one book, inconveniently tucked from sight. Really it was a miracle you even found it in the first place... and didn't you find a little note inside the book urging you not to buy it, you're convinced that it was already there before you opened it...

Sending out reviews across the internet, making sure that everyone willing to listen is going to listen. If we can't have our voices be heard on the official board, then why not on every other board? Let's make sure that everybody knows who's writing those shitty books. A man who hates his father and the internet, and a literary rapist.

Why should we play nice?

Frank Herbert taught us many things... and one of those things is that sometimes you need to become a monster to do the right thing.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Byron?
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

just me, or does this look like a pathetic attempt at baiting?
I am a mortal god.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Vandalizing books is absurd... I'm not a Nazi.

The new authors are embarrassing themselves enough, with their meaningless drivel. We give them hell for it as it is.
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Nekhrun wrote:Byron?
:-)

Maybe it's Brian, imagine one of those Stephen King things where the writer has this other, evil, dark persona/twin who starts to come out (aren't there around fifty of those now?).
Now imagine it in reverse - a horrified Brian Herbert-alter ego wakes up every once in a while, seeing what he has done: letting KJA loose with his father's literary remains and a tube of KY. And he tries to do something right before his usual self takes over, heading for an internet cafe and Jacurutu...

On a more serious note, I must admit I like the idea of guerilla book reviews. It just does not scale very well... The internets is where the real game is played!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

For the record, I do not approve of anything illegal.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Pretty strange way to introduce yourself there, "Motivated."

How about a little context for all this hatred?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Motivated

Post by Motivated »

Drunken Idaho wrote: The new authors are embarrassing themselves enough, with their meaningless drivel. We give them hell for it as it is.
And how's that working thus far?

You're doomed to stalk fan sites, while you are shunned by the official site, and ignored by the authors. We've been forced, as a group, to go underground, but instead of actually fighting back, and expanding the playing field, we've been narrowing it down to a corner that's shrinking before our eyes.

We used to be everywhere, but the newgroup died out, we've been ran off the official forum, and they've been succesfully putting pressure on sites like Amazon.com to take even that site away from us.

Freakzilla wrote:For the record, I do not approve of anything illegal.
Which is why I said that we shouldn't do anything illegal...
TheDukester wrote: How about a little context for all this hatred?
What context would you like to see then? The endless supply of mindnumbingly stupid shit they're putting out annually. The feverish dedication they've shown to raping Frank Hebert's corpse. Hollowing out Frank Herbert's most renowed novels, and trivializing his contribution to the genre by turning a pivotal piece of genre-fiction, and literature, into the thing it originally broke away from.

Or the fact that we've been silenced by the HLP and its lame-brained cronies at damn near every turn? While moronic mouth-breathers, who make a bucket full of shit look intelligent by comparison, get to roam free in the public eye, giving people the impression that Dune sold out to those spastic retards. And yes that is an insult to spastic retards all over the spectrum, because I'm sure they manage to form a cohesive thought that is independant from Anderson's saggy old ass.

The hatred comes from having to sit by and watch those two fucktards rape one of the most influential pieces of literature I've read in my life.

"The direct Sequel to Dune"
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I say let them keep writing those books and see what happens. More and more people hate them with a passion each year. They're only making it worse on themselves. At some point they'll either give up or let someone else take a crack at it.

Until then, I plan to be here pointing out just how horrible the writing is.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Oh oh! I know. Are you me?

Nope, I wouldn't suggest petty vandalism which would result in... almost zero impact on the authors (each book one wrecks looses the bookstore much more money than it looses KJABH). I agree that there is expanding to be done with our message, but I'd prefer methods which would, I don't know, work.

Am curious as to whose alter ego you are though, the rage is good to see once in a while, sometimes I let myself calm down a bit much and need to be reminded about what's happening to Dune. PM me if you want, I keep a good secret. :wink:
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Lundse wrote:Maybe it's Brian
:lol: :lol:

FH taught us many things - one of them was that we should consider complete systems rather than short term gain. The original 6 will be in print long after the last few tattered copies of Paul of Dune have been put on ebay.

Of course we need to work on spreading the word, but I can see nothing to gain from being labelled a 'hater' or a 'radical' when FH gave us all the ammunition needed to make a properly reasoned and informed argument against the new books. It would seem a shame to stoop to their level.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Lundse wrote:Maybe it's Brian
:lol: :lol:

FH taught us many things - one of them was that we should consider complete systems rather than short term gain. The original 6 will be in print long after the last few tattered copies of Paul of Dune have been put on ebay.

Of course we need to work on spreading the word, but I can see nothing to gain from being labelled a 'hater' or a 'radical' when FH gave us all the ammunition needed to make a properly reasoned and informed argument against the new books. It would seem a shame to stoop to their level.
Good call.
orald

Post by orald »

Sounds retarded and useless.

I vote to just kill the hacks, their families and(maybe) their friends(they must be awful people themselves to have befriended them, don't you think?).

For the record, I do approve of anything illegal. :wink:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I think with the 'Burn the books' thread we realized that the adage 'any publicity is good publicity' would definitely apply with the new Dune books.

We are doing the best thing we can outside of illegal interference. I agree with Freak and probably 90% of the posters here, that's not the route to go down.

For what its worth, Paul of Dune represents a victory for the OH in my honest opinion. The excerpts where BH & KJA use Irulan to attempt to rationalize their 'revisions' prove that writers are being effected by what we've been doing already.

I sincerely believe that not all of the books that they have promised will be published. I doubt the sales will keep up.

Also if KJA and BH are actually on the writing staff for the new Dune movie, we are practically guaranteed a failure.

More severe methods aren't needed.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Bad Troll is bad.
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

:lol: I guess it was a matter of time until an inverted Ultraspice type of sockpuppet arrived here, Ultraspice being an example of a sockpuppet who would mimic the sycophantic nature of many of the posters on DN.

The only "monsters" are the people allowing the Dune name to suffer more and more damage :P
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't care who it is, but I will never advocate anything destructive as a means to our goals. If you want to destroy your own books that fine. I wouldn't be suprised if this was an attempt to get me or other staff to back such a thing in order to have us shut down.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I think this person should identify themselves, at least in PM or get banned. It's obviously someone we know, maybe a joke, maybe just venting, or maybe trying to get Freak in shit.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Ampoliros wrote: We are doing the best thing we can outside of illegal interference. I agree with Freak and probably 90% of the posters here, that's not the route to go down.

For what its worth, Paul of Dune represents a victory for the OH in my honest opinion. The excerpts where BH & KJA use Irulan to attempt to rationalize their 'revisions' prove that writers are being effected by what we've been doing already.
I think so, too.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
trang

Post by trang »

Jacurutu is a stand up sight with logical, passionate people, with Original Herbert in common. Jokes and Stabs at bringing down the works of the heretics is one thing.

The suggestions made by Motivied I would say I dont agree with. I posted in the Burn books thread but it was mearly in jest, and most the things I post I try to have a sense of humor.

I care deeply about what they and the HLP have done, or I wouldnt be on the site.

I believe the efforts here and from those members on other popular sites is working fairly well. Brian Herbert, Kevin J. Anderson, and the HLP are AWARE, of the efforts and that in itself is an achievement.

Wrong Example,

Going to a book signing with "I HATE KJA" t-shirts, or running up to them and screaming " Your corpse fucking Dune, you Heretic Ass" isnt going to get anywhere, except some jail time and a chuckle from the authors.

Right Example,

Going to the events and opportunities for Q&A and putting them to the anvil. SHowing them what they have done and eventully they have no choice to but to acknowledge.

I hope one say soon, KJA just comes out and says,"Yes I have the majority stake in the new books, my ideas, my prose, my threads. I fully planned to dumb DUne down to a POP SCi-Fi, space opera like Star Wars, and it has worked hasnt it! HAHAH HAHA!! And Im laughing all the way to the bank."

We have confirmation, and then when the new dune film comes out from the mental Peter berg, and it fails, we have another confirmation.

using that as continued ammo on popular sites and forums, will push people back to the originals.

At least thats what I think,
Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Motivated wrote:What context would you like to see then?
An identity. :roll:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Hmmmm...Arnoldo? Image
chanilover

Re: A little jihad of our own?

Post by chanilover »

Motivated wrote:Obviously this is a clone, because what I'm suggesting is going to get me banned on the official dunenovels board. Then again, I might have already been banned...

We didn't throw the first stone, we bought the books, we gave them our opinions and we gave them our criticism.

And what did we get in return?

Nobody listened to the points we raised in the discussions on the official forum. The only people that got heard are the inbred retards that surround them like sycophants and lame yes-men, people with no mind of their own, who only seem to thrive on juvinile hype, and whose sole ambition is to become a lapdog.

If any of our questions seeped through to the authors, once every blue moon, we were rewarded with bull-shit answers that boiled down to: "because we wrote it, and we never make mistakes."

The crap continued to flow, and it became more obvious and more blatant that the authors didn't really give a crap about the originals. Up to the point where they're stripmining a carcas. Hurray, they raped and pillaged the original six books, six novels that had depth and meaning, and made an impact on our lives...

We were quickly silenced on the official board, censored and put in chains. We were demonized and driven off, regardless of the effort we put into our criticisms.

Then they came after us across the internet. Hunting our nicknames down, just so they could find a reason to silence us further, to have us banned.

And still we're seeing the shit pour from their pens.

They've managed to get reviews deleted on other sites, managed to force those sites to agree with their moronic little crusade against nay-sayers.

And the shit continued to flow.

So why don't we take a more radical stance?

I'm talking about making sure that the new books don't get sold.

I'm not saying we should do illegal stuff... but an accident can happen... a book can easily slip from your hands, and the cover is already so slipery and fragile... and the spine of a book, it's just not made for opening a novel fully... and if you put the copy you're holding back... you might actually remember that you found this copy somewhere on the back of the shelf, hidden behind more than one book, inconveniently tucked from sight. Really it was a miracle you even found it in the first place... and didn't you find a little note inside the book urging you not to buy it, you're convinced that it was already there before you opened it...

Sending out reviews across the internet, making sure that everyone willing to listen is going to listen. If we can't have our voices be heard on the official board, then why not on every other board? Let's make sure that everybody knows who's writing those shitty books. A man who hates his father and the internet, and a literary rapist.

Why should we play nice?

Frank Herbert taught us many things... and one of those things is that sometimes you need to become a monster to do the right thing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh piss off, you demented loon.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freak or Omph, where did it come from? What's the IP address?

(Arny's last shit on my blog the other day came from 76.211.219.202, FWIW.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Motivated

Post by Motivated »

First of all, if I really wanted to set this forum and its posters up I wouldn't be doing it from this computer.

I might be a demented loon, but I'm not that stupid. If I wanted to go for total anonimity I'd have picked a public computer, gone for a random-ip adress generator. Hell, I could have even convinced someone else to post it for me.

I would have even changed my writing style drastically, just to throw people on a different route altogether. It's not all that difficult to actually be anonymous on the internet these days.

But since Byron is strolling around cyberspace looking for dissenters to ban, I made me a sock-puppet account. When I get banned from the official forum, I plan on getting banned for content posted there, for everyone to see, and not for stuff posted on other sites.

I'm not making it particularly difficult for the forum owner to know who I am, I've posted with my actual account from this computer, so it's no big secret. But perhaps it was stupid of me to not be more careful, after all I expect the owners of the forum to at least keep my identity a secret. I hope I'm not going to regret being so trusting.

And just as a side-note what's up with the paranoia? Sometimes it's just what it is. I'm disgruntled, pushed over the edge, and I'm fucking tired of being ignored. This isn't some weird plot put in place by Byron, or some Preeq.

"Well you know, with Paul of Dune we sure showed them who's boss!"
"Their crap will be their downfall"

I'm sorry, but I don't see that... I think people said the same thing when that dire bile hit the street called Hunters, and then the same things were said when the mindnumbingly shitty Sandworms hit us like a slap in the face. Did it work? Did they stop screwing over Dune? Hell no! We're getting four, count 'em, four more books. This time they're actually forcing them into the original six.

Paul of Dune is now the official sequel to Dune.

So tell me... how exactly did we all prove our point? Did they stop writing their retarded shit? No. Did they actually improve their fucked up style? No. Did they finally start respecting the original material? No.

Oh they know we exist... but look at that, they're managing nicely ignoring us. They're managing just fine keeping us away from the public eye. I might actually go so far to say that we're effectively silenced. We have been denied to give our views on the official board, and look at Amazon, where our reviews are getting deleted one by one.

We can sit here and complain that they've fucked over Dune, and they're still fucking it over with a cactus... but what are we doing to get ourselves heard?

How many people did you save from reading that fouled up shit that passes for NuDune these days by going public?

I love Jacurutu for being a place where OH can still voice their opinions... but I loathe the fact that it's just a small corner that's not easily found by new readers, or old readers... and that we're preaching to the choir when we voice our discontent with the new novels.

We haven't won anything... because Brian and Kevin are still writing and publishing crap with the name Dune on it.